1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That's it then? The BBS hates Harden now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by srrm, May 13, 2017.

?

Are you done with Harden?

1. Yes, I'm done with Harden

48 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No, not yet, there's still some future there

80 vote(s)
    49.4%
  3. No, I'

34 vote(s)
    21.0%
  1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

So you're a moron, and a POS?!? That's incredible! Please type out "you," it makes u more credible. And don't say I'm not worth it, that's too intelligent, let's save that for Harden's doctors. I'm embarrassed to call you a fellow Rockets fan, I hear the Warriors need a couple extra to pile on the wagon. Please, please root for them instead, please. Again, you're a dumbass POS Reebok with no ability to think for yourself, just blindly following. Must be nice...

Edit: You're 24?! Explains everything. Here's your latest post: "I think Harden might've just had a mental breakdown. Game 6 was just too bizarre."

Yeah, that's it alright, freaky... You're dismissed

#101 forchette49, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Sorry but let's examine all those excuses separately in depth ok? Coz I'm tired of all the apologists right now.

First year? What has the first year has to do with Harden not showing up? Does he need many years to feel comfortamble enough to show up and play in a game?

D'antoni vs Pop. Again. What does THAT has to do with Harden not even showing up? DO you think ppl here are debating the loss? Do you think that this loss was just like any kind of loss where the team went down fighting till the end? Are you perhaps still stuck in game 5 and have blocked out the abomination of game 6, so you think it's all on D'antoni?

Harden running out of gas. LOL
    I'm very irritated at all those ppl who dare to bring up this excuse, because it's completely unfair to the players who actually DO try, give it their all in the court and run out of gas.
    Have you seen other superstars run out of gas in the playoffs? Let me give you a hint. They at least show up in the first quarter or first half and then their energy runs out but they STILL even then try. As John Wall said : they go out fighting even if they lose but they fight.
    Harden DID NOT EVEN START TO FIGHT.

GTFO with all those bullcrap excuses. I had enough with all the Harden apologists that want to bury their head in the sand and not even admit the truth that is right in front of us.
    Harden QUIT Game 6.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You truly are fooled by his numbers. If you think Russell is stats padding, this generation players are all stats padding. Harden has been elite at it.

Yes, he is efficient but what are his efficient numbers in the clutch, in the last 2 minutes of a playoff game?

Probably not so good. And refs are blowing the whistle less in those moments.

I am sure he is among the greatest talents but the GOAT talent? Really with that mental midget brain?

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm not fooled by numbers. I'm just going to make note of a foolish statement when I see one. Saying Harden "just walks around" is silly. I get it...his Game 6 performance makes some want to discredit everything he did this season. The hyperbole has quickly become funny. And what does Westbrook have to do with anything?

As for his numbers in the clutch, they were not good this season. He's been very good in the clutch in virtually all of his previous seasons, so I'm hoping he has a bounce back next year in that regard. We'll see.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Greatest Talent? Really?

Akeem, MJ, Magic.....even Nash delivered in the clutch more. He is not even the greatest Rocket talent.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I was just being sarcastic there.

#106 J Sizzle, May 14, 2017
    daywalker02 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

u will root for the Rockets to fail, you're a fake fan...u exposed yourself

real fans will continue to root for the Rockets to win and succeed while losers like u can root for losses

Daddy Long Legs and J Sizzle like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I lowered my expectations after the Yao and Mac mini debacle.

I envisioned Harden at least giving us a fighting chance against the Spurs and the elite teams.

He came close, but he is not as mentally strong as I thought he would be.

Maybe he is lacking another allstar but I will never truly forget the Heat Finals and the Clippers and Blazers series. Now the Spurs series.

9. forchette49

i can;lt even bring myself 2 a respnse...u win.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

there's nothing u can say after exposing yourself

since u like rooting for losses so much, u should think about becoming a Sixers or Suns fan instead of being a fake Rockets fan...the real fans will continue to root for the Rockets to succeed

I see u also typed out "u" instead of "you" after getting on me about it, so you're a fake fan and a hypocrite as well

#110 Reeko, May 14, 2017
    Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

While some are done with him, I think a lot more realise he is who he is and Game 6 got rid of the last semblance of hope in their minds that he could change (much like it did mine)

Enjoyable to watch in the regular season, but he really can't be relied upon to take us close to a Championship when the defenses ramp up and officials call games differently in the Playoffs.

This is now the fourth season he's failed to add something to his game in the Playoffs to alleviate the pressures from the above.

..... it'll make the pain of that realisation dissipate much faster - when you realise we don't really have a chance anyway as long as the Warriors are constructed as they are.

12. forchette49

THAT WAS ON PURPOSE YOU DUMBASS!!!

http://amp.tmz.com/2017/05/12/james-harden-club-rockets-playoffs-mvp-chant

13. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

JH13 is an advanced stats offensive force and I was in awe of his regular season offensive performance which made Dream's body of work seem "not as good." There was an avalanche of people singing JH13's praises which I could understand because yeah, the offensive numbers were historically great. I was happy for him. This G6 performance, well that was disrespectful to Clutch City and I was disgusted. If you are not switched on, then put your hand up and get a DNP - personal reasons.

Never in a million years would you see Dream in a prime season "mail it" in an elimination game especially when the starting PG and a fellow MVP candidate who is also a DPoY candidate are out. That is a f***ing cop out.

I hope the Rockets learn from this debacle. When your opponent absorbs your best punches (lay-ups, FT's and three pointers), makes your single biggest ace ineffective (JH13), and your coach to blink (7 man rotation for Game 5 - WTF), you better make room for contingencies in your analytics war room. You cannot rely on a Russell Westbrook to bail you out every play-off series.

Wylo, Jake Tower, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  14. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

Harden was pretty dam good in the clutch in the 1st round. Did u forget already?
    Harden in 4th quarter of 1st rd:
    12/21FG (57.1%)
    5/13 from 3 (38.5%)
    69.0eFG%
    Hou w/harden in the 4th= +30
    would u rather have russ? Who was terrible in the clutch.
    Russ:
    14/49FG (28.6%)
    4/21 from 3 (19%)
    32.7eFG%
    6 ast in 5 4th quarters
    Okc w/ russ in the 4th quarter= -23

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

for the record, i wanted him gone towards end of last season. was ok w/ the offseason and decided to giv eit one more try. my initial reaction was right, he cant do it. but ths is a business so they're gonna build around him till he wants to leave or he cant put up superstar numbers, which will be awhile btw. he's not slowing down one bit, exact opposite.

gumbleton3 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Russell does not even want to be here, and people do not want him.... no discussion here.

It is about the next generation of players. I am not saying Harden's time is totally over but he sure is not heading toward the realm of mentally strong players.

It is up to the 'too smart for their own good' management to evaluate this, not me, not us and come to the conclusion that Harden is not the One rather sooner than later.

Get a Batman for this Robin. Or die trying.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

the only dumbass is u, go ahead and root for losses and for the Rockets to fail like the fake fan that u are

zero respect should be given to loser "fans" like u...u should really think about becoming a Sixers fan, they could really use a guy like u, you'd fit right in rooting for failure

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Reeko likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

forchette49 likes this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not the whole time. But he did walk the ball up a fair amount of time and didn't run much defensively or off the ball.

Hence D'Antoni calling for more strategic rest and having Beverley run the offense sometimes