1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That's it then? The BBS hates Harden now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by srrm, May 13, 2017.

?

Are you done with Harden?

1. Yes, I'm done with Harden

48 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No, not yet, there's still some future there

80 vote(s)
    49.4%
  3. No, I'

34 vote(s)
    21.0%
  1. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

You can say those things, but what should the Rockets do now? Stick with Harden or move on? Which option really makes sense and why?

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'd hate his guts of he didnt wear Rockets colors... But he is pretty much by himself.. These so called shooters are really recipients of what he creates... Thers no way in hell guys like Ariza and Bev would classify as shooters in a real offense... So Ill ride with him till he becomes Carmelo part 2.. Oh its approaching fast!

hakeem94 and srrm like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Houston sports are not for the faint of heart. Disappointment is all we know.

Richie_Rich, alethios and DreamShook like this.
  4. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

What does that translate to for next season then? If the Rockets stick with Harden, are you done as a Rockets fan too? I don't understand your position and it seems like you're hesitating one way or another.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Get rid of Anderson for the least possible price paid. If you can find a second star smh sign him.
    If you find the right package trade Harden before you have to pay him the ultra max vet extension that is bound to be the most expensive contract in the history of the league. By right package I want a superstar potential player. If that's not available, keep waiting in case AD becomes available if Cousins leaves. Then if Harden chokes and quits again, take the best possible deal in the last year of his contract.

I'm NOT for paying Harden a gazzilion million dollars when he's almost 30, if there are better options available.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Done as a Rockets fan? What do you mean?

I'm a fan of the Houston Rockets. Not player X or player Y. No player is going to make me stop supporting this franchise, the greatest ever in the city of Houston.

I can still totally support Houston Rockets. I'll just be indifferent to James Harden (for now, if I can ever get over it). That's it.

(Harden has joined T Mac and the greatest quitter in all off Houston Sports JJ Fatt as athletes who quit on their franchise)

Richie_Rich, kjayp, cdrive and 3 others like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not ready to go that far.. not yet...

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Fair enough. Perhaps I should hold further judgement until something more substantial comes out. As of now, he quit on Houston in Game 6

To what extent compared to others remains to be seen I guess...

Richie_Rich, DreamShook and malakas like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

During the game, I kept my judgement until I heard if he was injured because that was what I expected. Only that would make sense to what I was watching.
    Now the more time passes, the more obvious it is that it was all plain and simple quit.

People should stop trying to minimising what happened as just another loss or a bad night. It was NOT just a bad night. A bad night is someone who keeps shooting and being aggresive and his shots don't go in.
    Even Derozan in these playoffs has had more dignified perfomances than Harden's last night.

The absence of a legitimate reason for his perfomance, speaks louder than a million lame excuses. (flu from 4 days ago, someone drugging him, phantom concussion)

10. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I've been mad like everyone's else over the last couple of days and then realized we as Rockets fan should still be very lucky to have one of the best and few super stars in the NBA. Do you guys remember the post Yao/McGrady years when no one wanted to come here?

With James Harden here, The Rockets should be one of the elite teams in the West for years to come and they will always have the possibility for players wanting to come here. These players would never even look at The Rockets direction if we did not have him here. Look at the Sacramento Kings or Brooklyn Nets for example.

Sure he played like crap but again every star has those days. Put Lebron in the West and I bet you he would struggle also and definitely would not be in the NBA finals 6 years in a row. Lebron always needed help too to build his legacy. Again playing in the East helped that for him.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Don't forget about point shaving to protect his family.

FTW Rockets FTW, Easy and malakas like this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Rockets just need another star and D'antoni needs to expand the rotation a bit, they were gassed.

Rox11 and srrm like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

photos of dead strippers

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I liked Harden a lot when he arrived... performed great right out of the gate, seemed like a good guy, good teammate - even had that whole pre game ritual w Lin and Parsons... he seemed like a real righteous dude!

Then he got his fat shoe contract, started dating Kloe, got all the 'cornerstone' talk... everything really seemed to go to his head... came off as a real narcissistic ass... I did not like him at that point - and I let people know it...

This season he impressed me... seemed like he got his head right and his priorities in order... helped elevate teammates... I was back on board!

Then game 5 disappointed me... poor performance, but something to learn from and grow...

Then he decided not to show up for game 6. Flat out quit - Zero effort... basically gave a big fk U to everybody...

post game interview he said he was fine and just couldn't get in a rhythm... as if that explains taking 2 shots for the entire first half, with 0 rebounds and more turnovers than assists...

I'll support him as i would any Rockets player... but personally? until he has a better explanation or an apology or whatever... screw him!

16. Junebball

Junebball Member

I could be in the minority here. Yes, Harden played inexplicable horrible in game 6. Yes, the magnitude of the game warranted he plays as a franchise player. I am more upset with how he played at the end of 4th quarter and OT of game 5. It is for this latter reason that I questioned if Rockets will ever win a championship with Harden as a franchise player. Quitting is the label that's being thrown out lightly these days. Other than passing on open shot(s), no one can fairly point out any instance in that game that shows Harden quit. I blame Steven A in this quitting nonsense.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I spent countless seasons hoping McGrady would turn the corner and become an all-time great. It never happened. I will continue to hope and cheer for James Harden to turn the corner and become an all-time great, until the bitter end of his Rocket legacy. In my eyes, Tracy McGrady will always be a soft, teammate blaming, honorless diva, living in the Kobe-era. James Harden is going down that road in the Lebron-era. He can still change himself and realize his full talent, but he is not off to a great start. Like McGrady, I will continue to cheer and support him against all odds, until all the cards are dealt and he shows his true colors. If he continues to tarnish the Houston jersey that he wears, I will hold nothing but resentment for Jim, and continue to rock with Rudy T, Calvin, Moses, Clyde, Dream, Yao, Scola and Shane Battier.

srrm likes this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'll give him a pass on the end of game 5... he tried to do too much, he struggled, he was gassed... it happens...

Game 6... nothing from the git go... 2 shots for the entire first half, with 0 rebounds and more turnovers than assists... that aint struggling... thats not even trying... personally, i think he was pissed about being criticized for the the end of game 5 and figured "Screw y'all then - I aint even gonna shoot open shots"..... ie: quit.

Tomstro likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nobody hates Harden I think. They are just done considering him as the guy who could deliver this city a Championship.

It's like figuring out your girlfriend isn't going to be a good mother. When you get serious about settling down you'll have to make a tough decision.

roxallways, RudyTBag and DreamShook like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

media conspiracy