1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That was a defensive masterpiece.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Mar 26, 2019.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The Bucks aren't a weak team. Nobody is saying that, but they're not that elite. It's just we literally gifted them a lot of sloppy points tonight.

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could they be tired from jacking up all those 3s this season?

the best coaches make adjustments, they move Robert Horry to the 4, they post up Sam Cassell, they put Maxwell on Jordan and don't double team..

Tfor3, BasketMAD and Little Bit like this.
  3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

They knew his teammates would brick a lot, so that's why they defended the paint so much.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont really expect Mike D. to make too many adjustments especially during the game.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, and no.

I mean if we hit our 3s, we are right there......and so many of them were WIDE OPEN, I mean EGo and Tucker were terrible.....

Live by the 3 die by the 3.

DD

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Luxury tax savings playing too much. :(

7. HP3

HP3 Member

I hate the name of this thread

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Best coached team in the league right now. Give Bud that MVP trophy. I'm just glad they showed all their cards now instead of in the playoffs. We've got time to gameplan against teams basically hugging Harden's dominant hand.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Zboy likes this.
  10. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

I expect this level of intensity in every playoff game... this team better get ready. Cut down the turnovers and make some open shots. You can't cruise for 3 quarters and suddenly expect to turn it around in the 4th. But talent wise - I think we will be fine.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

BTW, Mike Budholzer is a good defensive coach. He came from the Spurs ranks.

And he has the best defender in the NBA to anchor that defense.

Bucks defense is not an accident.

I know everyone is all tied up with Bucks and Giannis because of MVP but give that team, its coach and the players credit for what they did this season.

Its the ****ing Bucks!

If they play the Warriors in the finals I am def rooting for them but then watch Bledsoe brick all series and lose them the finals.

malakas and jboslett like this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thats exactly how they surrounded Harden.

topfive likes this.
  13. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

The LHS of Harden is not limited, but completely embargoed. Unless Harden dishes out 10+ assists, which means the team shoots well, it’s hard to escape without an L. If PJ hadnt airballed one of these shots, if Gordon hadn’t trapped himself over and again, it would have been closer.

In turn, the layered defense of the Bucks are so well set up and perfectly executed. With the help of a few streaks of hot shooting sprees, tough to beat.

It’s a bad match-up for the Rockets. Bud is a brilliant coach.

In the meantime, great loss for the Rockets.

I hope this is the Finals matchup.

Zboy likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

a lot of defenses will look good when we got dudes airballing wide open threes from the corner...they defended Harden well this game although he did drop 42 against this same type of defense earlier in the year

We had how many turnovers off inbounds passes? I think it was at least 4.

We had many turnovers off outlet passes? I think it was at least 2.

the way our role players will miss these wide open threes so badly at times, it’s amazing

the quality of shooting between the Rockets and Bucks was very apparent

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yeah. Masterful way to make us miss wide open shot after wide open shot.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Rockets were not the only ones

17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Good Call. One good thing out of this is the Bucks did us a favor. This was a shout out to how everyone is going to guard us in the playoffs. Some teams don't have the personnel to do as well as the Bucks. but this gives MDA an ample chance to figure this problem out so That James cannot be guarded. One thing is clear if the Rox step up their professionalism and offensive rebound all this misses we will be unguardable

Zboy likes this.
  18. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

They missed wide open shots because they Bucks' energy and length had them scared. The Rockets need to maintain composure in pressure situations but instead they crumbled like they were the younger team.

Zboy likes this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Bingo.

Those shots might look wide open but they are not.

The Bucks defense was in their head and the Rockets were measuring their shots instead of shooting in rhythm.

Tucker didnt simply decide to airball a couple of corner 3s out of nowhere. Those are his shots.

SWTsig likes this.
  20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

being scared/playing tight is a separate issue then being defensively manhandled, but yes I agree about the lack of poise in big games. Can't give a defense credit for wide open misses though. Although, i'm not saying they played poorly defensively