1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That New Orleans pick is starting to look good.... (FINAL: Will be 18th pick)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jan 21, 2015.

1. okeezie

okeezie Member

Miami made him a lowball offer when they were trying to resign LeBron. Bosh rejected it and was set on leaving if the Heat offer remained the same. Once LeBron left the Heat panicked and made Bosh a counteroffer for the max. Then Bosh changed his mind obviously.

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Turner reminds me a lot of PJ3. Loads of potential, the drive seems meh.

I'll admit I haven't watched Turner nearly as much as PJ3, but everytime I watch he is taller than anyone by a few inches, yet he doesn't dominate the game like he easily could (call for the ball, post up, seem to care).

3. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

This means I think he'll be a bust.

I honestly think if the Knicks get the #1 pick, they'll be looking to acquire win now pieces for it (Melo has no time left to watch development).

Could be interesting, would be cool to see Rockets offer Dwight and see if the Knicks bite on a bad knee, aging Dwight.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The Pelicans have to lose AT LEAST 20 of their final 27 games for that pick to get interesting imo. Davis would have to sit the rest of the year for this to happen.

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree, this has got to be one of the better draft positions Morey has had in some time. The Knicks 2nd round pick is sweet.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

him and anderson are both out at the moment. they could go and a terrible run in the next couple of weeks.

7. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

KD will be out for a couple or few Weeks also.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's the first star to ever choose to stay in Toronto for the long haul. They're just an excited fanbase. As much as it sucks to know we could have had him, I'm happy that things have worked out so well for him up north.

9. cdain3

cdain3 Member

He doesn't dominate like he should because he plays with a bunch of idiots that can't get him the ball in the post. When he does get the ball he is one of the most efficient players in the country. Reminds me of Dirk/Aldridge with a hint of Ibaka(shot blocking). I haven't seen anything motor wise that would make me deem him PJ3 2.0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CiIGkEIGv4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

It's kind of sad that we are so focused on what the future may bring. With Harden having an MVP season, you would think all the talk would be about us winning it all THIS YEAR. But unfortunately, enough of us know that we probably don't have enough to get that job done this year and that some teams appear to be stronger than us. So it's totally understandable that some of us are looking towards the future and how we can improve the team through the draft.

11. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Yep...

The only team I feel we have chance(not much) of beating in the playoff is the Mavericks.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Don't forget lottery reform. There's still a chance they make the lottery for the top 7 spots, which means the NOP pick could land somewhere in the 4-7 range.

As things stand now, the NOP pick will likely be #13. They have a 5-6 game lead on the non-playoff teams in the east, and the Suns may pull ahead a little now that Anderson and Davis are out for a while.

I feel like there's a bigger chance of us making a move up in this draft than there has been in the past. Something like DMo + NOP 1st could get us in the 5-8 range. Sacramento or Denver would probably both be interested in DMo.

13. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

But why would we trade DMo just to move up in the draft when we are trying to win NOW? I mean, unless it is for the #1 or #2 pick, I just don't see it happening. But anything is possible I guess.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

In some respects, redundancy. At some point one of DMo or TJones has to go. DMo is probably the better trade asset, but I'm not sure he's meaningfully better than TJones.

The Rocket's have to pay DMo in 2016 anyway. Unless you think he's our 3rd star, it might be better to use him to move up in the draft so you can get a high quality rookie signed to a 4 year bargin deal.

15. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Who hasn't been? Lol You make it sound like Towns and Stein are some bums. They have the number 1 and 2 player defensive efficiency ratings in the country. I pretty sure even Okafor would have problems going up against those monster.

I don't know how anyone can label any player a bust based off bad game against Kentucky. The kid is top pick based off his defensive potential alone.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

stupid post man. it is just one thread talking about the pelicans pick. the rockets didnt end up trading it so now it may turn into a player on the rockets next season.

shhhhh dont talk about it fans. focus on the playoffs :confused:

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Would be surprised if Morey actually keeps that NOP pick.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The magic number has dropped to 6 for the Pelicans. That win tonight hurt.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hezonja or Porzingis.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I too doubt that we'll have the pick when all's said and done. The maximum value of a draft pick is just before it is used. That's probably why Morey didn't trade it at the deadline. It takes something monumental (like a James Harden, say) for Morey to trade a mid to high pick a long time before it's about to be used up.

Just another reason that TWill trade was so baffling. I guess Morey has learned lol.