1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That New Orleans pick is starting to look good.... (FINAL: Will be 18th pick)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jan 21, 2015.

1. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

6 game losing streak hopefully

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm a Morey supporter, but the answer to your question is Kyle Lowry. He was "interested" in Houston but gave up due to our public pursuit of Carmelo/Bosh delaying our willingness to sign him.

Imagine this current roster with the hustle and rounded skills of Lowry at PG. We don't have him simply because of bad decision making.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well I didnt agree with the Melo chase either but if you ask me would I rather have Lowry or Bosh I go after Bosh all day every day. Lowry is a really good player but he is also replaceable, ahealthy Bosb with Parsons retained would have guaranteed us finals appearances for the next 3 years IMHO.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Would you prefer Bosh or Lowry ?

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They need like a 10 game losing streak for that pick to gain value.

6. newAge_Rockets

What? Any lottery pick is valuable!

7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That seems fair. But he lost out on Lowry due to chasing Bosh/Melo and not due to asset collection and cap flexibility?

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

if you watch NBA-Canada you be sick to your stomach with all the talk about Lowery, he is about to be glorified as MJ. One show talk about his leadership, the other show talk about his skill, and just when you have enough, another interview with him, his family, dogs etc.

9. Raven

Raven Member

So the injuries to AD and RA will probably move the pick up a couple of spots, maybe even as high as the 9th or 10th?

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I thought Lowry always wanted to stay in Toronto, where they would build around him. Where is this talk about him wanting to leave there coming from?

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Exactly. Everyone keeps trying to blame our one day spent with Melo as running Lowry off. He wanted to stay in Toronto. We made a solid offer to him if I recall correctly. People have no idea what the conversation was. Same as the trade deadline, just cause some other team got a PG thy think our assets were better and we should have gotten him. They have no clue what other teams wanted from us. I like having out flexibly. It will be important this summer along with the lotto pick.

12. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

The injury might keep the pic from going up to 14 or even 18 with okc's injury. Don't see it moving down

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

An pick in the 14th-18th range is still extremely valuable, and with the Rox getting a top 3-4 record it changed the pick from near worthless (low first rounder<high 2nd rounder) to a nice asset. The draft looks deep as well, a lot of draftees present who can become valuable contributors down the road.

14. jae713

jae713 Member

Morey came very close to actually getting Bosh and IMO Bosh was closer to being a Rocket than Lowry was.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Reading articles, connecting dots.

16. TheFreak

There was no offer made. Not a tough decision to stay when there's no other offer to consider.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2015/...le-lowry-became-canadian-hero-toronto-raptors

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's possible. Here are a few teams currently not in playoffs if they were to start today:

East:
    Charlotte - 22-31
    Detroit - 23-33
    Indiana - 22-33

West:
    Denver - 20-34
    Utah - 20-34
    Sacramento - 19-35

Now, I don't see the Pelicans falling below Denver since the Nuggets basically threw in the towel on the season at the trade deadline. But Utah despite their record isn't horrible. And Sactown just hired George Karl who clearly isn't the type to tank games.

Out in the East, Detroit's been playing better since Smith was cut, although they did lose Jennings and trade Augustin, so we'll see how the new look Pistons fare. Charlotte is a mediocre team, but they're obviously trying to win games and make it into the playoffs. And Indiana could get a boost if Paul George returns.

The NOP pick is 13th right now. It's not inconceivable it winds up at 10 or 11 if Davis and Anderson miss extended time. If that were to happen, I'd almost want Morey to hang onto it and use it. We could get a damn good PG with a lotto pick that high.

19. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Never said it wasnt valuable, just that it will, at the lowest, be a 13th pic.

20. TheFreak

Not sure how that's accurate. Bosh wasn't open to leaving Miami. Lowry was open to leaving Toronto. We offered Bosh a contract, but there was never any doubt about where he wanted to be. Maybe the Rockets were Bosh's second choice, but it would have been nice to know if they were Lowry's first choice.