1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That New Orleans pick is starting to look good.... (FINAL: Will be 18th pick)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Curry is beating harden in both xrapm and per.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Still waiting for late lotto pick to score his first points for us. Sure am glad we held on to Omer instead of trading him for actual players the day after Howard signed.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

correct, unless NO collapses, it won't get lower than 12

4. i3artow i3aller

:(
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wud5vnGOgnw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

It is 1-3 and 20-30 protected. So even if they get the 8 seed, we'll still get the pick.

The Lottery only selects the first three picks of the draft and then picks 4-14 are based on record.

So basically Rockets best case scenario is the 4th overall pick

6. Raven

Raven Member

NO needs to shut down Davis for the rest of the season just to be on the safe side.

:)

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Even if NO collapses...

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

New Orleans has already won 28 games. The next worst teams are the 5 teams "fighting" for the 7th and 8th seeds out east, they have all won 22, but sadly only 3 of them will miss the playoffs.

Barring a catastrophic finish I think it's hard to believe that pick will be better than 13.

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

Agreed. It's truly going to take the luck of the dice for that to jump up to something worth cashing in. That is, if the draft isn't totally rigged by ghe NBA in the first place which I going it is.

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

The not ghe and think not going. Stupid autocorrect makes no sense!

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You do know we couldn't have signed Dwight if we hadn't traded Omer for cap space, right?

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Huh? We had both at the same time.

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

You must not been around last season with this whole Omer drama not wanting to play a faking injury since Howard started in place of him.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Brain fart. We got rid of Omer and Lin to clear cap room to go after Melo/Bosh. It's all moving so fast.

15. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

How about the late lotto pick we got for Lowry from Toronto that turned into harden? He's scoring lots of points I think. He's + cap flexibility got us Howard, who helps us too. The two of them together got us smith and brewer and other players who wanted to be here. They all score points.

I was as disappointed as others that we couldn't get a good pg. but maybe Phoenix said that we had to give up the NO pick, a second first round pick, and dmo and kpap in order to trade with a western conference team? Maybe money declined that offer? Point is we know from feigan that the New Orleans pick and NY pick plus players were offered. PHD went with Miami. We can still trade in the offseason. And of the contenders, we clearly have room for growth, along with okc. I for one am ok that we stuck with the team to let them grow. We really needed a good shooter. Prigs is actually pretty decent.

16. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

Tevor Ariza is an actual player that Omer Asik was actually traded for...

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]NEW ORLEANS – The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that forward Anthony Davis has been diagnosed with a right shoulder sprain. An MRI conducted by the team’s medical staff this morning confirmed the right shoulder sprain. The injury occurred at the 3:38 mark of the first quarter in last night’s game against the Miami HEAT. He is expected to miss 1-2 weeks.

Additionally, Ryan Anderson underwent an MRI this morning and has been diagnosed with an MCL sprain in his right knee. The injury took place at the 9:41 mark during the second quarter of last night’s game against the Miami HEAT. He is expected to miss 2-4 weeks.[/rQUOTEr]

18. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While I guess this is a fun time for folks to try and take their shots at Morey, what I want to know is who should Morey's and gone all in on? (I haven't been paying close attention, did Morey miss out on some deals he realistically had a shot at?) This season's issues have a lot to due with Howard dealing with what could be a career altering/ending injury.

Not much Morey can do about that. But panicking and trading away the ability to make moves next season just to salvage this season's run isn't a wise course of action. Harden is 26 and I don't want to see him cross 30 as a Rocket with the search for the 3rd star still continuing, but I also don't want to see him cross 30 with the team locked into bad contracts with no draft assets to trade.

19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

N.O. should sit the kid until that shoulder is 100%. Why risk exacerbating it? Dude is young and one of the league's best. Don't let him play through it. Screw the draft pick issues....

20. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

My Rockets fan self agrees.

My NBA fan self agrees.

My fantasy team featuring AD owner self thinks that AD needs to suck it up and play Monday. Let's go Willis Reed!