1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That Last Play... Game 2... Clearly a Foul on Klay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, May 22, 2015.

Tags:
?

Should a foul have been called on Klay before Curry got all ball?

1. YES

42 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. NO

59 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. I wasn't able to watch the game

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  4. I don't have faith in the refs anymore

37 vote(s)
    26.6%
  1. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

It really doesn't matter what they say since it can't change the outcome of the game now. Just gotta move on. I rarely if ever see the refs call a foul with 2 seconds left in a game like that one. The ref would have to have a ton of guts to do that.

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

He would've called it for curry tho

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They're not going to do one.

The NBA's rule is only if the game was within 5 points at the 2 minute mark. The warriors were up by 6 at 2:00

Really a bullsh-t policy. Any game that is within a basket in the final minute should get one.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That and the obvious no calls and awarding possession to wrong team when clearly out of bounds off GSW makes this league a joke.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agree. No way Curry would get that call anymore than Harden would. Even if you start with the premise that it was technically a foul (I'm not convinced), it would be wrong to whistle it. Final seconds of the game, two defenders trying very hard to play clean, an offensive player making a couple of bad decisions, very little chance that even without the foul he could make the bucket -- and your only choice as a ref is to let it ride or bail that guy out with a call that put him on the free throw line with a 93% chance of tying the game and a 92% chance of winning it. Do you want the ref to change a maybe 10% chance of winning to a 90% chance of winning on a very debatable foul? The refs made the right choice.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Why do you guys insist on playing the victim card? On every single issue? That wasn't a foul. McHale should not have called timeout. It just didn't work out. Only person to blame is Harden for passing to Dwert/not going to the rim.

7. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

That was not a foul guys. If you guys are begging for bailout plays, then the problem isn't the refs, it is the team. Harden made a bad decision to pass instead of going right to the basket. Harden was holding the ball running the clock way too much in the 4th quarter. Rockets will take game 3 and maybe 4. This series is not over by a long shot. Stop dwelling on a horrible play guys.. move on!

8. coach41

coach41 Member

When the Warriors rallied against the Pelicans and Curry hit the three, Curry was basically tackled. That was worse than anything the Warriors did to Harden. Not comparing the plays. My point is NBA referees (or referees in general) will avoid making last second calls to stay out of the spotlight.

To be honest, as a referee myself, you never know what NBA referees will do. There are obvious calls that are missed regularly.

If Warriors fans wanted to complain, that Curry offensive foul (which the defender stepped into Curry), that cost us two (maybe three points). Big difference in a one point game.

9. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

That was a gang rape... Foul

10. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Harden didn't seem to think he was fouled. That's good enough for me.

I couldn't tell what was going on... Looked like someone got a piece of the ball before any physical contact. Is there a slo-mo gif?

11. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

C'mon people you can't ask for a whistle there. Guarantee you if you ask Harden he is fine with the no call.

12. Omron

Omron Member

Seriously, don't be sore losers. Win with class, lose with class.

13. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Harden asked for the ball back right after he passed it, unfortunately.

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Nah, you'd want our best player ASKING for the ball back during these time.

I would have been more upset if Harden didn't want the ball back and we didn't get a shot off... we would have all been going NUTZZZZ saying stuff like, "Harden should have wanted the ball back, Harden should have taken the shot, why doesn't Harden want to be the Hero... and etc"

So I am okay with what happened to be honest, just pissed that so many foul calls were missed, games 1 and 2 should have been ours.