1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That Knicks pick is starting to look worse :/.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Too bad, but I'd rather the Rockets look gooder than the Knicks pick look gooder. The Knicks pick is relevant to the value of one player that can be potentially added, the Rockets performance is relevant to the value of all 15 players currently on the roster.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We just need them to get in the lotto.

Hollinger has them 14th in the power rankings.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Don't forget that Amare has had injuries before as well. Not saying I am wishing for him to have one, but one never knows.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Maybe his eye will fall out again. Not wishing, just saying maybe...

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I was thinking the same thing. If Amare goes down, so do the Knicks. And really, they have so little depth that if any of their rotation guys go down they're going to be hurting.

6. PointForward

PointForward Member

But, but, Morey raped them and stole away AMAZING picks that are great assets! Morey is bestest GM in league! He's building our team with very sound decisions and getting us great free throw shooters! Basketball is all about free throw shooting contests.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I really like that guy, he seemed to be good player so far, he don't even play like a rookie.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Comments like this make me shake my head sometimes. The trade and picks were and still can be valuable. Think about it this way, even in hindsight we still came up on top:

- We were able to get some value back from T-Mac who is proving just how good he is with the Pistons right now. :rolleyes:
    - We gave up Landry for Martin (which hurts), but Martin is playing much better this year than Landry, who not only still can't rebound, but can't even shoot FT's properly anymore. Meanwhile, Martin is averaging over 20+ PPG.
    - We forced Knicks to give up Hill, who is improving it seems with almost every game he actually plays in. If we don't trade him, he can grow to be a very valuable big.
    - We have the right to trade a 1st round pick this year if they end up worse than us and we get a pick next year. Even if they make the playoffs and render our swap this year pointless, it still stopped them from trading for Melo, at least until the deadline possibly. Walsh said himself that he wish he never gave up those picks.
    - I still think the picks can be very valuable, given the Knicks lack of a real number two after Amare, who himself is very injury prone. Felton is wildly inconsistent. D'Antoni can't coach and hates Randolph. Azubuke has been under-performing.

I laugh when clueless posters talk about how DM hasn't gotten us a superstar yet. Tons of posters on CF seem to believe stars grow on trees. Superstars have to WANT to come to play for the Rockets and given Yao's huge question mark and our lack of positive media attention, not many stars have shown any real interests to join us. It takes two to tango and reality isn't like NBA 2kXX where you can just force a trade to happen. I am sure when the cards are right and a situation presents itself, DM will get us our superstar, either through draft or trades.

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Amare is having his annual "beast against crap teams" month, the Knicks will cool off soon.

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Knicks have done more talking about the playoffs than actual playing in the playoffs every season. Oh we got Marbury, we will make the playoffs this year. Oh we got Randolph, we will make the playoffs this year. Oh we got Amare, we will make the playoffs this year.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The most surprising thing so far this season?

Amare has not been injured yet ;)

The second most surprising thing so far this season?

Kevin Martin hasn't either :(

And yes, Yao and Greg Oden would have trumped both these two, had they stayed healthy.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Whats your point? They are actually winning for once and looking like they have some decent depth. Who cares about Randolph? Last time I checked Chandler was having a pretty good year.

Also which non playoff team will overtake them when they slow down?

13. Sanity2disChaos

looks like they will be back where are suppose to be in a couple of weeks and losses.....IT IS WRITTEN.

14. itony

itony Member

is something like the right to trade draft picks tradeable?

15. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Azubuike is injured and hasn't played, not under performing. Randolph has been horrible and still hasn't tapped into his potential. I doubt NY is the place for him or if he'll ever reach his potential.

In regards to the picks, while it would be great for the Rockets to strike gold with this year's swap and next years pick, even if they end up with the 30th and 29th picks that is still a win.

No. The right to swap picks is attached to the Rockets' pick so they would have to trade away their pick.

16. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

ffs why cant da knicks just sux moar

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Knicks stink. They are on an easy schedule in the beginning. Schedule catches up to them and Charlotte, Bucks, and Wizards can overtake them. They lack depth and depend on injury prone PF. They are overplaying him and he will wear down.

Oops. another lottery season.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

d'antoni makes good PGs 2-3x better than they really are. felton is playing like an all-nba player during this streak.

and amare is playing like an all-nba player himself.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Why are people saying Amare is injury-prone?

Last 4 years since his microfracture he has played:

53 - Freak eye injury, won't happen again

Bottom Line:

Most of you have no idea what you are talking about.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

people on this board hate amare/bosh for no damn reason. i pray to the lord if we can get one of them in adelmans' system