1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

that girl, standing by the bus-stop...what should i do???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 3814, May 12, 2005.

1. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

if she has a phone, call YOUR cell phone (make sure it's not in your pocket!) then, no matter what happens, you'll have her number stored in your phone as an incoming call. :cool:

2. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

okay, THAT is creepy. fellas, this is a no-no!!

just be honest, natural and funny about it.

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

How about my idea? Seems pretty harmless. A lot of work but it's still pretty innocent :)

4. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Just get her name and number off the Aids Walk List.

5. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

I agree as a girl and also as a girl who park and rides so I spend time at a bus stop everyday. Being approached by a strange guy at a bus stop might be a little alarming at first.......so don't go overboard. Be honest......doing anything staged might be obvious/cheesy. Who knows.....maybe she's noticed you passing by too. Good luck!

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

YES!!!! :D

WHO WILL NOT WEAR THE RIBBON???

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great quote, Jeff. Reminds me of when a buddy of mine and I had finally given up on watching Pink Floyd's free concert at a big park in Amsterdam after sitting through a torrential downpour for a very long time, until they announced the cancellation. Along with a whole bunch of other peole who looked half drowned, we crammed ourselves on to a tram for the ride back into the central city.

We were standing in the aisle when we both noticed a drop-dead georgeous young blonde ("they're real and they're spectacular!"). I worked my way close to her, just behind the woman sitting on the aisle next to her, my buddie breathing down my neck, and damned if the woman didn't get off at a stop. With a good shove in my friend's gut, I grabbed the seat before he could. We started talking about what a bummer it was that Floyd was rained out, but America managed to get their set in... not who we came to see! She was from Haarlem, a small town outside of A'dam, and had made the trip for the concert. By the time we were getting close to our stop, I asked if she'd like to get off and have a beer with us. To cut the story short, we had an intense affair that lasted until I was stupid enough to fly back to Houston, after 6+ months traveling in Europe. We parted with her crying at a train station, with me pressing my hand against the window, looking at her... just like out of a damn movie.

Make the move, 3814. You have nothing to lose by trying, and quite possibly a lot to lose if you don't. Who knows... you might even fall in love. I did.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Damn gay street toughs. :D

9. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Don't offer a ride, you'll seem creepy...A (Normal) girl isn't going to get into a car with a guy she doesn't know. My girlfriend used to walk to work in the morning as she lived very close and told me of guys who offered her rides and she said it creeped her out and thought it was real weird. The think best thing to do is to go and ride the bus once or twice and talk to her as others have mentioned.

10. BiGGieStuFF

In your best Arnold Schwarzenegger voice

"GET IN IF YOU WANT TO LIVE"

Don't forget to blast the Terminator music on you stereo system.

11. akperez

I guess I'm not a (normal) girl :( ........I've hopped in strangers cars before. I think doing the Park and Ride has made me a little naive in thinking it isn't dangerous. People always catch rides w/ others so they can take the HOV. I should think twice..........

But yeah I agree...don't offer her a ride.

12. BiGGieStuFF

Yeah I've yelled at my g/f before for doing that. She used to take the park and ride and I know it's common for people to offer rides to people waiting just so they can use the park and ride but all it takes is that one deviant mind who is waiting to take advantage of the situation. I'm sure you could ride with someone the majority of the time and nothing will happen but do you really want to take that chance?

13. akperez

I imagine your girlfriend got the same lecture :( ........no you are absolutely right. It's stupid to do....especially for a girl. Nevermind a deviant mind.......some of those people flat out can't drive and by the time I get out my knuckles are completely white! It won't happen again. Thinking about it more has made me realize I DON'T want to take that chance.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

What are you driving. If you have a nice car, preferably a convertable, then offer her a ride.

If you are driving a Buffalo Bill van then no.

[​IMG]

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The correct answer is let your friend drive the old lady to the hospital while you sit with the girl and wait for the bus. :rolleyes: :D

16. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

i don't like the staging of the flat tire idea. someone else said it, but it's just too obvious. be honest!!!

17. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Dude,

What kind of wimpy stalker are you?:mad:

Find out where her destination is. Find out where her parents live and do for a living. Stop by her destination and make idle conversation and bring up something your parents have in common. She'll think you fell from heaven and so will her parents - you lying sack of ****.

Now run and do it now!!!

What!!! Do you want me to do it for you?:rolleyes:

Nevermind - Just show her your lumber.

18. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

If she leaves her TV GUIDE at the bus stop get the address of of there and go to her house. Maybe even make her flowers out of it, nice touch.

19. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Nice touch, young jedi.

20. BiGGieStuFF

If that happened in a movie you women would be bawling over it no doubt! :D :D