1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thanks for the memories of 07-08', Can't wait til next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, May 3, 2008.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

As I would imagine many of you guys would be, I was deeply disappointed about the Game 6 loss in Utah. But thinking about the near future of the team I am actually quite excited.

This year we had a bad start to the season, but the 22 Streak!!! woohoo!!! I couldn't believe we're now 2nd highest of ALL-TIME on longest streak rankings. Even someone as dominant as Spurs couldn't do it. Yeah its still a HUGE highlight of the season. Whats more is we achieve half of it without the best centre in the whole NBA Yao.

I really hope Morey can sign a marquee player in the off-season, Jose Calderon, Mike Miller...take your pick. Actually for a really consistent shooter I really like Juan Carlos Navarro.

Oh and how can I forget our rookies? Scola(Thanks Morey and Buford). Landry??!!! Yeah best PF combo in the whole league. and they are ROOKIES.

I really look forward to our championship-calibur team and season next year!

Bring on 08-09'

Anyone share the same thoughts?

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

from feign's blog:

"I thought we never had a bunch of guys who played harder, even the championship teams," Rockets owner Leslie Alexander said. "They never played harder than these guys."

They built something this season.

By the third quarter, the guy sitting next to me on Friday, a long time NBA executive who was just there to watch, turned and said, "They're going to be really good.

"They play hard, really hard. They play for each other. It looks like they care about each other. And Rick's got them."

They do believe in their coach, Rick Adelman.

if we stay relatively healthy (yao/tmac play 70+ games), we should get the #1 seed. we were 56-26 with tmac out for 16 games and yao out for 37 games. you really think we can't get 60+ wins?

3. HoustonRockets

I don't even care about regular season. We had fairly good seasons , but no post season success. I want results in the playoffs