1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thanks for the jab Clutch, but I don't really support racism...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Nov 6, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I guess I'm not really clear why continue to beat a dead horse though...I was wrong my one brief instance of supporting Q8 (or, better put, b****ing about the admins treatment of him...didn't think at the time he deserved a calling out by one of them), I was obviously wrong, and I admitted that.

Maybe you should shut the hangout down...especially if you can't take people questioning the admins.

#1 Rocketman95, Nov 6, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2001
  2. goophers

goophers Member

Clutch,
    Please don't shut the Hangout down. I totally understand why those morons can annoy you, but perhaps you could create a forum for political/potentially sensitive discussions? I really enjoy lurking in the hangout and would be very :( if it was removed. While at times annoying, it is part of what makes this site the best on the web, IMHO. Either way, I think it's a good time to reiterate my thanks for your difficult (sometimes impossible) work. Keep the faith, my man. :cool:

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

damn rm95. you added a bit of a doozie, eh?

I think that we post by the grace of the admins myself. This is a non-profit, non-membership bbs. Clutch and Jeff and BK and Will and even the badministrator keeley play a heck of a game w/ people's emotions here. Lately, it seems as if it has just been Clutch and Jeff doing the work, mostly just Clutch.

I agree the Hangout should probably be locked for a little while,,, but just so the haters will find some other place to frequent. Since treeman is a really big Rockets fan, I guess he won't go anywhere... but I digress. Baseball season is over, and people are pretty locked into the Middle East.

If Clutch is the only one holding down the fort right now, I'm sure he has better things to do than to peruse inflammatory threads constantly waiting for some visitor on his site to cross the line. If timeout fixes it, so be it.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Every time? You question and criticize everything the admins do ... as if we're "out to get you". With you, we're either forcing right wing material on everyone, playing a double standard or censoring anything we don't like. You have zero respect for the board or who runs it and have no problems blasting it, then sending me apologetic emails behind the scenes, "I didn't mean anything by that!" I'm just tired of your rhetoric, basically.

5. cson

cson Contributing Member

everybody cool out...please

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Right, whatever. I guess I don't recall my constant questioning of the admins. I've done it before, yes..probably more than I should have. As I recall, a lot of that was done maybe 3 years ago. The only two I can think of off the top of my head recently is the finalsbound/me making numerous threads to expose his idiocy, and the questioning of the need for Brian to start a whole thread bashing one poster when I ignorantly felt that Q8 hadn't said anything worse than what some right wingers had said. There was also a response to Will's thread calling Q8 out, but that wasn't really questioning the admins as much as it was ignorantly defending someone who clearly didn't deserve it.

Anyway, if I had been questioning Will, that would go against your theory wouldn't it? I still questioned Jeff after I incorrectly assumed it was you or Kagy that close those threads I made...he's further to the left than I am. Will's pretty damn liberal as well. So, as far as I can tell, in recent memory, I've questioned the more liberal admins than the conservative ones.

I guess I don't understand where this is coming from, honestly. I'm not the problem here. I understand and respect the time this takes...I've seen it first hand. I can see where my questioning some of you or other admins actions would be tiring, but to cause this sort of constant jabbing from you? I don't get it.

Oh well, I guess when you meet someone a few times (and witnessed first hand how much time you spend on this...where in the hell do you get the idea that I don't respect the job you do...there's a difference in questioning and respecting-I question some things that Bush does, but I respect how hard his job is), spend some time watching Rockets' games and discussing this type of thing in person doesn't add up to a certain level of understanding. It sure as hell does with me and other people on this board. But if you're tired of my "rhetoric", ban me. I can't promise that I'll baaa at everything you, Kagy, Will, or Jeff do.

#6 Rocketman95, Nov 6, 2001
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just close it, ignore it, or add more moderators. I nominate Iron McFist, because with a name like that...! Or maybe LHutz can confuse people into banning themselves. "but I digress. Baseball season is over, and people are pretty locked into the Rockets Forum." :rolleyes:

Get your asses over to the Rockets Forum and purge yourself with a nice good "<a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24512">GO ROCKETS Forum!</a>" cheer!

8. Band Geek Mobster

You know "Band Geek Mobster" could be a pretty intimidating name, not nearly as intimidating as "Will" or "Jeff" though...

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Personally, I think Raven Lunatic would be a great moderator name. Then, by definition of the name, everyone would be required to question every move and decision. But I would be so busy explaining to everyone why the sky is green, why bananas are the evil scourge of American society, and the inherent perils in not allowing squirrels to run our govt. with an iron paw that I wouldn't have time acknowledge, let alone get pissed off about, posts questioning my obviously flawless judgement.

See? Problem solved. ;)

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

HOOP-T doesn't really make for a good admin. name, but my resume is sure to impress.

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

T-POOH would be a better admin. name ;)

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I know votes don't count here Clutch, but if you think the hangout in the wake of the 9/11 tragedy has degenerated into a broken record of hate this, hate that crappo forum.....then you have my vote to temp. shut down this forum. I put some thought about it and I think the hangout's purpose is not to be a haven area for idiocy. It is unfortunate it has become one.

Further, I say it should be o.k. to let the hammer fly...if someone posts idiocy, ban them, if they come back, ban them again. (only so many computer access per person.) I'll give you an example of someone I totally disagree with 100 % of the time in hangout - glynch. However he has civilty. (btw its amazing how he and I agree so much in thought on the Rockets forum)....so I don't want it to be perceived that I think posters I disagree with are bad for the hangout forum. Just one's who have made it their lot in life to lather, rinse, repeat,...lather, rinse, repeat...while spewing very obvious garbage.

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!

:D

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Or, instead of Clutch closing the hangout down, those that don't like what's being said can not come in here. Please don't close the hangout down Clutch.

15. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I second that assertion!!

If you want some real fun, nominate me and Mango as co-admins.

hehehe.

And as far as the hangout forum being shut down ... I wouldn't like it, and I think it's a little extreme, but if you feel it's necessary, then I'll support it. Good job on the ban btw.

16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Jesus people are spoiled, we're lucky these administrators have even GIVEN us a BBS. If the only thing you have to do is not question them, that's a good thing considering this place wouldn't exist without them. But they're not even asking you to do that, they're just cleaning this site of all the crap that has littered it as of late. Go ahead and pop a cap into this forum. The Hangout has just taken a BRUTAL downturn. It seems like, since Sept. 11th, every idiot, freak, and loose cannon has popped up here. And it seems that no matter how crazy and racist they sound, there are people willing to support their "freedom". I say shut it down completely, or even shut it down for a week or two.

#16 RocksMillenium, Nov 6, 2001
  17. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

You don't have to agree so readily!

Fun? I can tell you are not fit to be an admin. either. It's not about FUN. It's about POWER (which I guess is fun in a twisted sort of way).

Hmmmm, new thread light bulb flashing.....

18. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

If it's a hammer you want, then pick someone who has experience:

RETURN BEHAD TO HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE AS SERGEANT AT ARMS!

Thank you for your support.

19. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Clutch

Just ban or censor who/what you think is offensive, and then ignore the critical emails or whatever. simple. ignore them. Some of this political discussion is pretty good and a lot the threads are non-political.

It is your time, and your forum, so if these people are overwhelming you, kick em out. People make the mistake of thinking that every forum a good forum to write about their ideals/beliefs, and it just isn't so. Publicly funded forums, maybe, but not this one.

Hmmmm, you could charge a user fee to people who you deem are posting inflammatory stuff...

20. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

Rocketman95,

Your suggestion that maybe the Hangout should be shut down is horrible. Maybe you should be shut down or if you have a major problem here, then leave. You are posting here at your own free will, if you don't like it then leave. Who do you think you are by posting that? Why would you try to ruin this for so many?