1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You Dallas Mavericks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Feb 2, 2003.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are you saying negativism doesn't prevail on Talk Radio or any other fan feedback forum.

This is not a diss on any outlet...it is just a fan feedback phenomenon on any media....do you really not believe that, Clutch???

btw: the "red or blue" logical point you are making escapes me.

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

It'll be fun thinking years down the road when beating teams like the Kings, Mavs, Lakers, etc will be the norm oppose to being big games as they are now. Watching this team grow up and gel is the fun part of watching this team, because when they do finally get that/those ring(s) :D , we can all look back and remember the days when the Rockets were a lottery team and grew up into champions in the future.

Much the same way as watching the Rockets previous to their championship years, when Hakeem was called out on faking an injury, the Vernon Maxwell days with his on and off the court problems, and the complacency of Kenny Smith, and our guards. Lets not forget Sam Cassell when he would do his fair share of stupid play as well back then, and those years when the Rockets couldn't ever get over the hump of beating the Sonics in the playoffs (which they never did anyways), but having it all come together with two championship rings, eliminating the Suns twice, the Mario Elie kiss of death 3-pointer, the Robert Horry clutch shots, the Hakeem whooping he gave to Robinson in the Western Conference finals, the Drexler trade, the Mario Elie basketball shot to the head in the Suns series when Danny Ainge got frustrated one game, the Hakeem stuffing he gave on KJ on a potentially easy fast break layin (something I've never seen a center do ever), the Nick Anderson 4 consecutive missed free throws in game 1 Finals to seal a Magic victory, but having a prevailing Rockets comeback where Kenny Smith just went off to close the game. All those memories, and to think there will be many more watching these new guys in the future.

3. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Negativism is absolutely prevalent on talk shows but so is the standard talk show response.

So and so is not that good, Host's automatic response is: "Ok, tell me who's available"... wait for answer..and automatically slam them and hangup. Has any Rockets fan feedback host ever criticized the Rockets? Matt Jackson is just the latest Rockets mouthpiece/puppet.

Anyone remember Tom Franklin 15 years ago?

Of course there are always unreasonable fans who expects to trade Moochie for Gary Payton, but it's not like people make things up when they say we should pass the ball more or are forcing up too many shots.

The regular, non Rockets specific guys are much more objective and can actually point out deficiencies without being overly critical.

4. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Yes, the Dallas game was "positive" from a psychological view point; how it affected the team.

But, then again. Todays win, is just that. One win. Consistency will be our final litmus test.

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

thought this seemed a good place for a David A quote on the rockets

The Rockets now acknowledge that they got a little too geeked after beating the Lakers in overtime two weeks ago, sleepwalking through the next four or five games before beating Minnesota on Friday. The performance of most of their young guys, not just Yao Ming, dropped off noticeably. "To be a champion," Rudy Tomjanovich said, "you have to fight human nature." ...

from his latest column http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/aldridge_david/1502960.html

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Crash,

Was going to start a similar thread, but you already had a brilliant one.

The only negative is that the Rocks have not played this way on the road.

We have had a severely weighted HOME schedule. The test of improvement will be when we get in a hostile environment and don't resort to one on one ball.

Minnesota on Tuesday will be a big test.

Love what I am seeing, but thanks to Time Warner,,,,not seeing.

DD

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I can't wait until the Minnesota game. I'm not even really concerned with the win (although I really want to beat them). What I am hopping to see is that they will be playing the same team oriented style of play against a play-off team on the road.

The Pups are going to be out for revenge so it should be a good test. I expect KG to be a damn near unstoppable all night and Wally World to be dropping threes like tossing rocks into the ocean.

Even if that scenario plays out the Rockets should be in a position to challenge for the win if they continue to play team ball like they have the last two games.

8. pooh222

pooh222 Member

The bottom line is this is the way the Rox could have and should have been playing all along. Me along with other posters on this board were getting tired of the excuses. These last two games show what the Rox are capable of doing. If the Rox would play team oriented ball like they've been doing lately, this team could hang with anybody. That's why it's extremely frustrating when the team reverts back to street ball and Rudy does absolutely nothing about it.

If the Mavs humiliation game woke the coach and the team up, then great. The thing is consitency though. They still have a long way to go in that catagory, but recently I like what I see.

9. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Isn't DA the same guy who said Rudy does not like going inside (a month ago)? That Rudy does not know how to coach the inside game? I have taken him off my list along with Richard Vitale and Dr. Jack Ramsy. Steven A Smith is the man to listen to.

10. MONON

MONON Member

I think a lot of it has to do with their spacing. If they keep good spacing between each other, 1 defender can't hassle 2 Rockets. Then the Rockets can swing the ball around & the defence won't be able to catch up, which means there's a wide open shot to be found. Spacing also lets the Rockets start the 2 man game with Yao passing or shooting. They seem to get flustered & impatient when the spacing near the ball is too close.

The last couple of games their spacing has been good. Let's hope it continues!!

11. heypartner

<blockquote><hr>Originally posted by RIET
    The regular, non Rockets specific guys are much more objective and can actually point out deficiencies without being overly critical. <hr></blockquote>
    Aha...so you agree the the fan-feedback, regular "non Rockets" talk show guys are "much more objective." So, you've sat in my seats on New Years Eve, so now you owe me a whittle bit...just a whittle. I'm going to call an "I know you" card out of my pocket RIET and slam it on the table to hold you to this quote.

remember the "without being overly critical" part. The tell-tale signs of that are .... what?? hmmmm.

12. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Technically, I sat in someone else's seats. Subtomic sat in yours. You were only a broker buddy.

You lack privity to hold me to anything :p

13. heypartner

I don't owe you anything is correct. But who asked whom for anything to begin with???

hmmmmm

I can't believe you are not going to play ball sticking to your quote just for fun...just for fun. hmmmm, what bad could that entail vs not playing ball and never getting another ticket or merchandise from a legit Rockets Fan Council Member, again.

s t u p i d

No wonder you wonton Rockets bashers appear so stupid....you obviously don't know a good thing when you see it.

:p

14. Panda

Panda Member

Happy families are all alike, unhappy families have different issues.

15. JamesC

JamesC Member

I wanted to post something similar to this too. It does seem as if a light has come on after the Mavs game. I dont want to get too excited yet but if they can keep playing this way then we're in for an exciting second half of the season.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Perhaps, But let's see how they do on the road. The rockets have 15 wins at home, and only 7 on the road. They are much better at home....obviously.

If they can do this well on the road, I would definetly say they have improved.

17. Sane

Sane Member

It's going to take a whole lot to beat Minnesota. They're a bit thin (literal sense) on the inside with KG and Nesterovic the healthy bodies at the moment, but can we capitalize on that? MoT seems to like playing Minny, hopefully, he can net us 12-15pts and get us closer to that win. It's very important that KG's man keeps KG busy, or his help defense on Yao will prove fatal.

Hopefully, the Rockets can translate this new-found atitude into another win, and possibly, ANOTHER one. If we can beat Minnesota, I think we can beat Cleveland. If we do that, I make a calculated prediction that we're tied for 6th yet again.

18. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Stay humble, stay hungry"

19. walterw

walterw Member

Stay aggressive, stay strong!

20. cmellon

cmellon Member

"Stay passing, stay smart"