1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thabeet may be coming to rox?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xomox, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I think it's more likely that Thabeet would turn out to be a star in a place like Houston than Memphis.

Lets face it. We are talking about Memphis here. He's not going to develop there.

Memphis is where players go to rot, and then when they do draft the occasionally good player, they give him away to a team in the same conference.

Memphis doesn't belong in the NBA.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I can.

This is the same franchise just a few weeks ago interested in signing Iverson just for ticket sales.

I never will underestimate the stupidity of this franchise. It's a long shot, I bet the OP doesn't ever show pics though, this will eventually die out.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Next year's pick (which some projected to be in lottery)?

It's not like such things never happen... PHX Suns traded 7th pick Lol Dang to the Bulls for a future pick.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

however, if this turns out to be true, i think Chase has to be part of the new deal.....Houston had made an offer to memphis on draft day for thabeet and apparently memphis preferred to keep thabeet...perhaps chase was part of the deal and after seeing him play in SL they changed their mind?

6. worzel gummidge

If they're seriously considering AI, then McGrady.

It allows them to dump their last bad contract in Mr. Adriana Lima. also they now have the cap space to absorb a large part of McGrady's expiring and insured contract.

McGrady → Thabeet + Jaric

7. tofu--

tofu-- Member

We can trade anyone but Battier or Scola. I've only seen a bit of Thabeet and while he's a project, he certainly has some quickness that makes me think that he won't be a stiff or a complete bust.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Plus he'd sale tickets. That was their logic in wanting Iverson in the first place.

I also think if this is true Tmac is involved.

If so...i'm not so sure I like this, Tmac is a huge expiring and there is a chance he comes back and raises his value by how he plays making him a HUGE trade piece around the break.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He does have Houston ties, right? He went to school down here, correct?

Maybe DM was just a random white gentleman like his agent or something.

10. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Why would the OP start this thread if he wouldn't back it up?

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

that's what I was thinking. He went to high school here

12. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Morey was probably just sayin he would be a big part of the Grizzlies team
    Lock thread now!!! :(

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's threads like this that make me proud to be on clutchfans. We have spies....

14. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

It says on his twitter on the 23rd that hes going to be a part of a new company launching on monday and to stay tuned. Who knows maybe the new company is the Rockets...

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Interesting. I was hoping to fetch something better than that with McGrady, but that could be a good move. Not a fan of either of those players, though.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Could be a shoe company.

Addidas or something.

17. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

We need a good young defensive center like Thabeet more than some pf like Bosh. I say we take a rain check on the free agents next year and let McGradys contract go to Memphis.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I find it hard to believe the OP mainly because what do the rockets have that the Grizx may want? I am not sure that they want McGrady's expiring that bad when they were in danger of not meeting the min cap this year.

Also more important it's illegal for any GM to talk to another teams player when dealing with roster trades or signing. I thought the Grizz have already signed Thabeet prior to the summer league?

Also since when does GM come and talk to a player about roster moves before talking to the GM? Was Thabeet's agent even present? No way at least his agent isn't there for any negotiations if a player is meeting with a GM.

Chances are maybe Morey was also there and they bumped into each other and exchanged formalities.

We'll see if in at least 12 hours if a pic is produced.

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

I could be wrong but I thought Jerry West hasn't been the GM of the Grizzlies for a couple years at least.

20. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

... lol ... and all these years, I've been giving the wrong guy the credit ... (shaking head)

... that was one of the cooler Clutchfans moments, though ... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.