1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Thabeet may be coming to rox?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xomox, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

2. devilsdandruff

no prove to back this up.
    aint gonna believe this thread.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

If there's an actual picture of Morey and Thatbeet sitting in an Aquarium talking about his future as a Rocket, I'll donate $20 to the tip jar.

4. worzel gummidge

The Rockets spent $6 million on buying picks in the second round. I think it's becoming more apparent that all the weak draft talk was just a smokescreen.

5. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

and I'll donate $100

6. jason3333

jason3333 Member

hakeem is coming out of retirement too, this is a crap rumor

7. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

Yeah I don't think Landry is untouchable by any means. I would trade Landry as long as it is for something worth it, but Thabeet isn't worth it in my opinion. Thabeet getting drafted with the second pick was a joke. I think Memphis made a bad decision and should have traded the pick (preferably to the Rockets so we could have drafted Rubio) or taken the best player available, which definitely was not Thabeet.

I would just rather have Landry's offense over Thabeet's defense. Cause I can't imagine Thabeet contributing anything offensively at all in his career.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He is a Desagna Diop clone. Horrible.

9. worzel gummidge

This thread is either locked or goes crazy depending on xomox's photos.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, i've said this about Thabeet in the Rubio's thread.

I think thought trading him for Landry would be a good deal, this team is rebuilding. Guys like Landry and Battier are expendable IMO if a good deal comes for a young prospect like this.

Also, Thabeet would have a lot to learn from. Coaches and players do have a impact on how players develop. Getting Thabeet could be good because quite frankly, how much longer can Yao go?

I think Thabeet will be a Dalembert type of player, but we have no legit center (Andersen is still a ? mark)

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Thabeet and Warrick(sign and trade) for Battier? Interesting....

Need to see the pics otherwise il wait for my twitters to come through!

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Going back a few years, remember the poster who got flamed when he said he overheard Rudy talking on the cellphone about trading for Steve Francis?

13. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

It says replace mayo with thabeet, u cant do thabeet on trade checker yet

14. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I'll never Trash Mcgrady again.

It'll be tough,but maybe just maybe I can do it. :cool:

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think the source pulled a fast one on the OP...probably did see thabeet at the aquarium, but said he was talking to morey just to get the OP excited....i dont think Morey would be out in public like that prior to a deal being worked or a rumor getting out

16. worzel gummidge

If the Rockets re-sign Scola maybe Landry isn't in their longterm plans and they feel they can instead carry a project like Thabeet?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/boomers-owe-australia-a-medal/story-e6frexni-1225754720591

17. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

If all those trades were for Mayo, I would do them in a heartbeat. However, I don't think that's how he was intending them to be. I am assuming he was using Mayo's salary to be similar to what Thabeet is going to be making salary wise.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think Rocketman95 is too busy hanging out in the Hangout as Groobot. That rumor was actually broken by Rocketsfan34 (I believe that was the nick).

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I just can't imagine Memphis being so dysfunctional as a franchise that they'd take this guy with the 2nd pick, and then trade him to Houston for our spare parts. What do we possibly have to offer them that's worth the 2nd pick and that we'd actually consider giving away for a player like Thabeet?

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well never mind...I'm not trading Brooks or Battier for Thabeet.

I was about to say, i'd give up a lot for Mayo. I remember those games last year against us...he tore Battier and Artest up and made it look like it was nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.