1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thabeet may be coming to rox?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xomox, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

IDK why ppl here overrate Landry. The guy is far from untouchable. He comes off the bench and gives us a spark. He's a good player but his ceiling is much lower than Thabeet's and Landry is what..25 yrs old? He's not going to get much better than what he is. Landry for a #2 overall pick would be a steal.

2. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Morey's a pretty smart guy, I can't see him meeting a player that is currently with another team in public and then having a conversation about how he'd be used. I'm calling bull corn on this one.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Probably so.

4. AB#0

AB#0 Member

They would be paying us back for the Battier-Gay deal. I would love to have another defensive center to come to Houston.

5. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

I'm not overrating Landry, I just don't think Thabeet is worth even giving up Landry. I think Thabeet is not going to be very good at all and in my opinion I would rather have Carl.

It has nothing to do with me overrating Landry as much as it is me really not wanting anything to do with Thabeet. He looks like he will be terrible. Landry's offense can still get better and I think it's already better than Thabeet's offense will ever be.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I thought it was tampering if you talk to someone directly?

Thabeets tweet says he's going to the Galleria. Go find him.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

would landry for kwame, the # 1 pick be a steal?

thabeet was drafted #2 b/c it was an EXTREMELY weak draft, outside of griffin.

8. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

from his twitter, hasheem the dream? Thats just too weird.

10. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well that's fair enough.

It's just always in every trade scenario there is always a group of fans saying "We can't trade Landry!"

I think that would be a steal for a rebuilding team to acquire #2 draft pick and at a needed position. It's really too good to be true.

12. Raven

Raven Member

The idea of trading our 2010 pick to get him is so insanely dumb, I'm already bummed out just considering it, let alone is actually happening.

13. worzel gummidge

The draft day rumor was Morey wanted the no.2 pick + Gay for McGrady.

Renouncing Warrick gives the Grizzlies around $9 million of cap space according to ESPN

If Thabeet's value has dipped after SL and Morey's asking price has lowered for McGrady...

McGrady → Thabeet + Mr. Lima

Thabeet + Jaric + $8 million of salary absorbed comes within 25% of McGrady's contract

14. jason3333

jason3333 Member

no way u have jerry west running that team, hes no dummy, he would not draft the guy and then trade him right away let alone someone in their own division

15. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

I call B.S. because Thabeet worked out in Houston before the draft at the Fonde Rec center, I think.......Anyways, we'll see....If this is B.S., whoever started this thread shall be banned

16. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

If you are saying that you are using Mayo's salary to be similar to Thabeets, then I would do none of those trades.... Especially, Brooks and Landry for Thabeet. That would be a horrible trade for the Rockets. Realistically, they are all terrible trades for the Rockets.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'd do all of those trades.

OJ Mayo is a beast, I hate that the Twolves traded him to our division. This guy has multiple All-star games all over him.

Trading Brooks, Landry, or Battier for him would be good for us...seeing as how we have no one to give the ball to and score, he'd do just that.

18. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Somebody Lock this thread now!!

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Landry is not going to get much better,but Hasheem is very raw. This is a weak draft. I think it will take 2 years before he can make an impact on defense. I doubt if he will emerge as a force,I do think he will eventually become a good backup type of player.
    Offensively,it's going to take even longer to become a useful scorer. He is a hard worker but not good enough as a #2 pick IMO.

20. worzel gummidge

He's the 2nd overall pick...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.