1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thabeet may be coming to rox?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xomox, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

maybe he was tlaking about the other team and said that he would be a big part of that team

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We'd have to give up a major prospect or two.

People saying Dorsey or whatever...but Carl Landry sounds more like it, seeing as they just lost Warrick.

I doubt any of this is true though.

3. tracymac

tracymac Member

I call B.S.

4. joesr

joesr Member

hahaha
    I find this funny because Thabeets twitter said he was in Houston chilling so earlier i sent him a reply saying lol, coming to the rockets, eh?

Didnt know it was serious talk though

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I hope its not true. He has bust written all over him.

Did you know his twitter name is HasheemTheDream and he choose #34 for the Grizzlies. I wanna go to Memphis, climb up on a ladder and smack him upside his head.

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I have Thabeet pegged as this year's draft's biggest bust. Mike Conley is not going to be an All-Star and they had Ricky Rubio available at that spot, plus a plethora of other good point guards so they could have traded down. Instead they picked up the next Sam Dalembert at the 2nd overall pick! Terrible decision by the Grizzlies. Their GM is turning into quite the Matt Millen.

However, a young Sam Dalembert would not be a bad backup center for us. For the right price.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

No chance of it happening. Even if Thabeet is Kandiman 2.0, it would be a huge PR disaster for the Grizz to trade him now. They'd at least wait a year.

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

From his twitter:
    At the Aquarium Downtown Houston Gettin Food!!about 1 hour ago from NatsuLiphone

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

haha really?

http://twitter.com/Dmorey

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol seriously?

I'd be excited about getting him, people are quick to call ANYONE bust, let the guy play a few seasons before throwing out that word.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

His twitter begs to differ... haha

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

14. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

If this is actually true, and I'm not saying it is, it reminds of the time Rocketman95 overheard someone on their cell-phone saying Francis was coming here, and Clutchfans knew it first.

Time reveals all, and this one will be revealed. This poster will either be immortalized for their scoop, or run off tarred and feathered ... lol.

I'd love Thabeet here, even though he's probably a long term project ... but he fits, and would be a valuable long term piece here.

15. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

Yeah this doesn't sound very believable.... maybe it was just two people that so happened to resemble Daryl Morey and Thabeet. Yeah it's a long shot but thats just what I'm hoping cause I have always thought Thabeet was not going to be good at all. I could be wrong but he doesn't come off as a very good NBA player to me. I definitely don't want the Rockets trading anything significant for him. Landry for Thabeet would be a horrible trade in my opinion. I would hope Morey was smarter than that.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

OK, I am guessing Hasheem was having dinner with some other white guy the OP's friend mistook for Morey.

I hope the pic is of a better quality than the Michigan dog man thing Rod Benson posted.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's a long term project and I guess we'd have nothing but time for him to develop.

But you know what...maybe there is some truth to this and THIS was the guy we wanted in the draft all along.

Remember the rumors for Memphis draft pick?

18. worzel gummidge

Early last season on Nuno's radio show Gersson Rosas spoke at length about Lowry, he really wanted the Rockets to take a chance at him... the Rockets ended trading for Lowry.

Pre-draft Gersson on one of the Rockets podcasts he mentioned having a good interview with Thabeet and how it could help them down the road (eg free agency).

So the interest is there?

19. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Seems pretty unbelievable, but I guess we'll see. After seeing his Twitter, makes me want to think whoever started this rumor just saw his Twitter page and decided to make a rumor out of it.

20. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

i wont believe this crap unless it's from a reliable source

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.