1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thabeet may be coming to rox?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xomox, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would dare to say the lack of pictures proves otherwise. He might not be trying but he might be like an old associate I had who always used to see Tupac in small town malls for years after he died. A little self-deluded if you get my drift.

2. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Exactly, since the trade 2 NBA finals and a championship. I said it when the trade was made that this could spell dynasty for the Lakers. One of the stupidest trades because the Griz did it in the WC.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why is it stupid? Jerry West was their trojan horse, ours is Ron Artest. Its great!! haha.

No I agree, the "gift of Gasol" is sad. Memphis fans should have boycotted after that.

4. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Glad he made it out of High Skool.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Xo,

People on this board somehow always feel the need to call BS over the most trivial and common occurrences. It's not hard for me to imagine a casual meeting between a GM and a young top draft pick visiting his home town. You always want to be establishing relationships and exploring options, for today and the future. It's just good business and in such cases a certain amount of smoke is always blown.

So people, if you get even the tiniest tidbit of information, by all means post it and don't worry about the deniers. I'll take the fun of the 10 page threads of wild speculation at the cost of occasionally getting fooled by a lying attention w****. That's what makes Clutchfans so entertaining.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

My grandma was sitting next to Pig Miller at a slot machine in a chevron near Corsicana and she heard him saying on his blue tooth he is making a comeback in Htown.

Good, we needed a center.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Actually for me it helps his case. Before I was pretty convinced he or his friend were lying. Now I think there is a chance they may not be lying. How much I couldn't say.

But part of what I do when I listen to trade rumors is consider if it is something both sides would do. And this one I can't say. I mean he was the number 2 pick and we do have an injured center that may be out the whole year. But then we got Andersen and Dorsey performed well in SL so do we really need him.

As for Memphis clearly they want to do something to bring fans in as evident by their willingness to sign AI. Tmac definitely has more fan appeal than AI. The problem I see is Memphis wants to save money. But when you consider Tmac's insurance will make his contract worth much less than the actual 23 mil on the books. ANd when add all the immediated 11'5 mil they will save by trading Jaric and Thabeet this year and the many more millions they will save next year when Tmac comes off the books it could be possible.

Either way Thabeet is a project and would be more the typ of deal you do looking forward an not to help this season. So I am still up in the air on this but I do think there is a branch albeit awfully thin to build a case to do this deal and that makes it possible.

8. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Just to clarify: I'm not slamming you and am glad you started this thread if you thought this was legit. This was pretty entertaining at the least and if it's total BS, well, we didn't lose anything for the experience. At the most, it's the latest in a long line of scoops that has made this board great over the years.

My point though is that I hope you realize that picture really proves nothing considering it's been established that Thabeet is in Houston. This would be akin to someone claiming they had just had sex with Megan Fox and would be posting a photo of themselves with her as proof, and then following up with a photo solely of Megan Fox.

Thanks for posting. Will sit back and watch. I hope you've been had because Thabeet blows.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Pig Miller had sex with Megan Fox.

10. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

The evidence is the used toothpick on her nightstand.

1 person likes this.
  11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

He used the toothpick to poke holes in the rubber.

In a strange way, it could be PIG FOX.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

A big part of the Grizzlies?

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Please, no pix!!!

14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Now, now. There's a logical explanation for this. Thabeet obviously has some kind of Dr. Doolittle thing going and was carrying on a conversation with a Moray Eel and the friend of the OP just left off the "eel" part.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly.

Thats why I said it's entirely possible that Morey was there, saw Thabeet. As a good GM, it would make sense to go over and say Hello, how are you doing, and wish him luck in the future.

16. Convictedstupid

Sarcasm...

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not going to slam xomox for this, and who knows if his friend really saw Morey with him or not. If it does happen, we'll know xomox's friend may have been telling the truth, but we probably won't know for another month. In the meantime, I guess we can close the thread now and go back to our regularly scheduled armchair quarterbacks trading scrubs for bums and superstars for cheezy poofs.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Jason Friedman - Daryl Morey/Social Networking

Nice article on Twitter and....

That thought was front and center in my mind last weekend when another online “event” took place on a popular Rockets’ message board. Someone started a thread claiming a friend had just informed him that the Memphis Grizzlies’ No.2 pick in the 2009 draft, Hasheem Thabeet, was at a restaurant in downtown Houston dining with, of all people, Rockets’ General Manager Daryl Morey. But wait, the story gets even better. Apparently, this “friend” also happened to overhear Morey telling Thabeet that the rookie center was going to be “a big part of the team,” insinuating that Houston was on the verge of acquiring Thabeet’s services. Not surprisingly, the board subsequently blew up with members weighing in on the validity of the thread and whether or not such an acquisition would be good for the team. And it wasn’t long before various media members began checking in with the club to see if there was any substance to this newfound rumor (obviously, there wasn’t).

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Expanding_Their_Social_Circle-320721-34.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.