1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Stadium Seats Ruled Unstable

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BobFinn*, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hey genius,

Point to the part of any of my posts where I've made fun of people for being obsessed with a game.

I haven't. I've just pointed out how stupid it is for you to do it.

2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Hey rocketeerdudefellowguywhatsitsface:

I was commenting on the crazed longcowpaddies who throw crap and cuss at ppl at the games. There's a fan. And there's the whacked out idiots. Guess which one UT has? Fan sluts. That's what they are. Oh, by the way, its a crappy limmerick, my challenged friend.

You got applesauce on yourself.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, cause I've seen a lot of that in the last 22 home games in row I've been to.

:rolleyes:

You're getting us fine football fans mixed up with your mom.

4. Tolpatcsh Verkinder

No, its not.

I'd like to do a comparison of UT fans and UH fans since UT fans have been unfairly slighted, but frankly, I don't know if UH <b>has</b> any fans.

Anyways, Houston dropped the ball on this one.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Show us your 7-1-3's, 2-8-1's, 8-3-2's, whatever you got man!

#65 Smokey, Sep 20, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2001
  6. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Short on knowledge aren't you Tolpatcsh Verkinder? I don't want to keep goin on with this Gesülze. As for you, Mr. 22. I'm sure historians in the future will be hailing that as testament to human strength and courage. I won't talk about your mother. I've had enough of her. Now, let's get back to the Longhorn's fans.

7. Smokey

dammit

#67 Smokey, Sep 20, 2001
  8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, that link's not working.

9. Smokey

My bad. Will fix it.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Damn, you had me all excited for what I'm sure was going to be a fine woman!! :(

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

oh please give me a break, ut has some of the most dedicated football fans in the world, me being one of them, every school has crazy fans, even your own-UH. Now i dont know whether your just jealous about the UT success or are a little gnat just looking for a fight, but to stereotype all UT fans as that is wrong and without basis. I cant wait to saturday, if UH thought 48-0 was bad theyll be forever scarred by this drubbing, as for lee, the defensive end i hope our offensive line sits him on his a** all night long because he should know better than to antagonize the better team and the qb which u of h will always be left dreaming for, not getting.

12. Smokey

It's worth the wait. Let's hope this isn't the McFadden girl :(

13. Smokey

That's a joke :D

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I just saw the interview with Adrian Lee, the UH def. end.

Let me just say this...he's got no room to call someone dumb.

15. Smokey

This r****d better get this to work. This is a 5-1-2.

Just bring it Tenchi!

[​IMG]

Check this out. Right click and go to properties. Copy and paste the URL into your address bar and hit enter.

It should work. Hopefully!

#75 Smokey, Sep 20, 2001
  16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ah man, don't give up!!!

17. Smokey

Harsh words from the newspaper

Ticketed for
    Destruction
    September 20, 2001

The Daily Texan would like to thank the University of Houston for its generous offer to allow UT ticketholders a chance to cheer on our Horns at the UH basketball arena on their campus. The invitation to watch the game indoors on UH's "DiamondVision" screens stunned Longhorn ticketholders at the last minute. The thoughtful consolation prize came on the heels of the news that UH tried to meet the UT ticket allotment for this week's game by building some dilapidated bleachers in the back of one of the end zones.

While sitting on some rickety, splinter-ridden planks to watch us spank the Cougars may not have been ideal, it certainly would have been better than watching Saturday's game from the sterile confines of a vacant basketball arena dubiously named the "Hofheinz Pavilion."

The University of Houston wanted the prestige and national exposure that comes with playing a prominent team like Texas, but refuses to deal with the demands and logistics of committing to such an arrangement. UH officials knew they didn't have the ability to deal with the burdens of being a nationally competitive athletic program, but continued misleading the University almost up until gameday.

We agreed to schedule Houston when they played their games in the expansive glory of the "Eighth Wonder of the World," the Astrodome. Since moving to measly Robertson Stadium, UH has kept quiet about the inevitable short-changing of UT ticket holders.

UT officials only discovered the removal of the bleacher seats when they stumbled across an inconspicuous press release on the UH Web site.

Houston engineers have known about the poor state of the temporary bleachers for weeks. Still, they were prepared to allow fans clad in burnt orange to flock to Houston only to be turned away at the gate.

This was a deliberate and underhanded move by the UH administration. They knew the contract called for a 10,000 seat allotment from the game and haphazardly threw together shoddy seats for UT fans. At least they deserve some credit for not allowing Texas supporters to potentially injured in an accident much like the one in 1998 at Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia where Navy fans were seriously injured when support rails gave way. Witnesses said they saw duct tape holding the rails together before that accident. UH President Arthur Smith should at least be commended for even going out to survey the seating in question before condemning it.

Nonetheless, seating concerns at the new stadium are hardly breaking news that shocked the UH Athletics Department. Considerations should have been made months, if not years, ago to accommodate the contracted amount of seats, no matter how much logistical maneuvering needed to be done.

Chris Simms, Roy Williams and company don't need to be surrounded by friendly fans in order to unleash a beating on Houston. But the UH athletic department should certainly start behaving more professionally if they want their rare ESPN appearance to be anything more than a nationally telecast embarrassment.

link

18. movement

movement Contributing Member

I think all the UT fans have made their point, that UH screwed up the ticketing and seating arrangement for this football game. I totally agree that UH messed up, if this leads UH to playing our games in the future against division two schools, then we deserve it. The cries to the media and from newspapers to move the game to the Astrodome or Rice is falling on deaf ears becuase quite frankly no one cares here at UH.

I do not represent all UH persons but coming from me, I could care less if UH is a sports program embarrassment in the eyes of all mighty and all powerful ESPN. I could care less if UH had no sports program all at. I did not even know that UH was going to play UT this Saturday until I visited this forum. I believed UH student's average age is around 26, many students have full time jobs, families, etc. They, as do I, only come to school for classes and then go home afterwards, so if that makes us not a "real collage" or a collage high school, so be it. I haven't watched a collage football game in six years, so this weekend's match isn't exactly tops on my list, but goddamnit, I am proud of UH. I think it is a good unversity (education wise), and I am proud to attend UH. and thats my 1.9 cents.

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Thanks, Smokey, I just read that article on the bus. No mercy this year- we're gonna run it up on these bastards. Mack needs to spread em out 5 wide, and give em hell.

Simms to:
    Sloan
    BJ
    Roy
    Jeffrey
    Shanahan

I have a feeling this one is gonna get ugly.

20. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Great post movement!!!