1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas ranks No. 1 in inappropriate student-teacher relationships

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news...903897981":"og.recommends"}&action_ref_map=[]

WE'RE NUMBER 1 . . . .uhm . . . yea. . . :rolleyes:

Rocket River

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

WE WON ANOTHER AWARD!! W00T!!!

4. ILoveWhiteGirls

Something about the south and the fountain of youth, somethings gotta give.

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

SUCK IT DALLAS!!! YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!1!!!!

Oh...wait........................

6. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Yeah, she looks like she enjoys the hippy lettuce.

[​IMG]

Would not hit.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I never understand how they "rank" by number when there is a huge discrepancy in population-to-incidents ratio. Of course there will be lots MORE of us in Texas. :rolleyes:

Guess what we lead in, too? MORE PEOPLE than lots of other states! UNBELIEVABLE, but true. :eek:

8. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If they're tracking it based on media or even criminal reports, Texas may just be more inclined to report them. The way some of those girls look in California I just can't imagine them not having more or being close.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

God Bless Texas

11. dragician

dragician Member

Hey, Teachers, leave the kids alone!!!

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I do have to wonder because California has a good many more kids than Texas (9.2m vs 7.0m). If we're trully leading California here, there is some kind of systemic or culture issue. But, it doesn't sound like the data collection is very scientific.

13. Isabel

Isabel Member

I don't know why they're blaming social media. Those who are going to do bad things are going to find a way to do them regardless. The rest of us would just get a useful means of communication taken away if it was banned.

I let my (college) students text me - useful way to tell me if they're running late, ask me a question about the homework, etc. Social media - not normally until after they're finished taking my classes, but there are conceivably situations in which we might end up "friends" (if I knew them from somewhere else before they took my class). This is for adult students; with kids, I would be even stricter about it.

Anyway, true that everyone is picking on Texas unnecessarily, and this stuff probably went on long before it got so much media attention, but you have to wonder what these ladies are thinking. Not only wrong on so many levels - unprofessional, and come on... younger men are great, but MEN not boys... but you have to wonder why they would risk their job and career in this economy.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Suck it Florida!

Now we just need to get the #1 pick in the MLB draft and beat the pants off of the jags to pull the hat trick.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't know about social media promoting this, but it's almost always the means of how the scandal is discovered.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

While I'm no big fan of social media, I don't think its social media either.

Though I do think they're saying rightfully to have some PROTOCOL about it, of SOME sort. You want intimate learning environment but don't want too many lines blurred. And really the only think you can effectively threaten to limit is social media interaction.

Myself if I were an instructor at high school, I WOULD TRUST myself, I don't even date or go out with people at my job so I wouldnt ever risk it, but then there's that liiiitle bit Iiiiiiii don't know.....I'll just say I'm very aware what the law says is LEGAL but my standard of actual true "readiness" might be fall a little bit under. And even having 2 seconds of noticing attractiveness of anyone within the student populous would make be feel dirty, but I'd only be HUMAN..

Again I say all grades K thru 12 should just have school uniforms no matter how prude it seems. Just make it top to bottom about learning and discipline and sterilize the whole environment. Not sure it'd reduce improper student-teacher relations, but would you want to "go out" with a student with an embroidered school uniform? That should be a form of cradle robbing "ICK". (In college, everyone's grown and mostly just is what it is)

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not really an explanation, but Texas has prettier women. You know what they call a pretty woman in Colorado? A Texan.