1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas police officer grabbing a high school student by the throat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny that you are whining about me judging someone for their fallacious comments....someone with a long history of indefensibly stupid, logically fallacious comments while attempting to pass some half ass moral judgement on me at the same time.

What is it that makes you think your moral judgment would matter to anyone other than yourself?

You really seem to have a high opinion of yourself that I unfortunately don't share. If you came making logically valid points, that would be one thing, but that's not what you did. That's certainly not what your boy Lou has ever done.

I think you'd be doing everyone a favor if you just kept your worthless moral judgments to yourself and stuck to trying to argue the issues at hand. If you are capable of that, I'll certainly respect you a lot more for it.

2. cebu

cebu Member

says Bobby the great....

1 person likes this.
  3. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

I remember a cop choke slamming a kid through one of our trophy cases in Highschool. he had to break up a fight the aforementioned kid was in. thank god our flip phones were incapable of video recording.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You make me chuckle. You make me sad. But your insults have no impact on me because I don't respect you - they just are words on a screen.

I don't call you a racist as a means to dismiss you or belittle you, I tell you that because you are a racist. As a matter fact, most people, including blacks, have racial bias against blacks so it's not this horrible thing to be a racist you know. Many people are. My parents were, but they were still good people and I loved them.

Race is something I care about - or I should say, the victims of racism. And by the truest definition of what racism is, you exhibit it. You don't realize it. It's not a phrase you use. But you do excuse it. You do it in every single instance, and you don't realize it. The truth is that you rationalize your racism as a deficiency in others, instead of yourself. You will dismiss what I am saying I am sure, but hopefully you are listening.

I'm just a marketer. My job is to figure out how to make people feel something so they see brands in new ways. And one thing I've learned over the years is that you can't change someone with entrenched viewpoints and deeply held biases. People don't let them go, they are core to their nature.

Anyway, I can tell you are stuck in the way you think regarding race. The surest way to tell when you hit a nerve is when the respond with vicious personal attacks just as you did here.

All you are doing is confirming that even you, on some level, are aware of your own biases.

You can start to see yourself more honestly or continue to lie to yourself. It really is a choice, but it's one that requires a lot of humility.

Part of me would like to say that I don't care, but I actually do. Your insults aren't what makes me feel sad, it's your ignorance.

I hope sometime somewhere somehow it clicks for you. I really do.

#164 Sweet Lou 4 2, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

There is no reason any unarmed human being should be taken down like that. The other kids should have started a riot both to learn a lesson about authority and teach that d******d cop about who he works for.

If you sanction a physical take down as a lesson for a kid that's acting out, it means you have exhausted your ability to teach and I understand that that may be a function of a flawed education system where students feel disconnected from what surrounds them.

The point remains though, this should never happen, not to a kid in school and not to a grown man on the street. They should have just let him go wherever, gone to him, and detained him. We've all had ****ty experiences with authority figures, and that's not a reason to project our anger towards it on our kids. Saying they need to learn this lesson is stupid. You are not a psychologist. You could be making the kid think about criminality and violence towards police in his future life. That's not a culture you want to create or maintain.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Look, I don't doubt that you think all of what you just said, but you don't have a logical argument for any of it....and I think that's pretty telling. You just think what you think without any solid reasoning behind it. Most of the time you seem to "think" with emotions....which is probably what makes you seem so foolish so often.

We've gone back and forth enough to where I expect nothing from you, but you'd go a long way towards earning some respect if you stuck to arguments grounded in logic and those where evidence supported your opinion.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To break this down even further for you, in an effort to make accommodation for your disabilities, let's go more in depth.

Case 1
    Someone attacks someone and gets shot as a result - I say they were an active participant in their own death and deserved their fate for being a violent *******

Case 2
    Someone attacks a cop and gets shot as a result - I say they were an active participant in their own death and deserved their fate for being a violent *******

Case 3
    Someone attacks a cop and gets shot as a result - I say they were an active participant in their own death and deserved their fate for being a violent *******

Take race completely out of it and judging by my comments you can't tell which case I'm even talking about.....yet to you my comments are indicative of racism. See why I might think you were simple minded for that opinion?

An unbiased rational person given the evidence wouldn't come up with that opinion, so really I'm just asking you to try being an unbiased rational person for a while.