1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas police officer grabbing a high school student by the throat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 12, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Poor logic.

There were heated words and then the guy resisted and PUSHED away the cop's hand. Sorry, but he was clearly asking for trouble. Most on here are willing to admit that the guy was in the wrong for pushing away the cop after the tense interactions -- you're simply too hard headed to admit that you're wrong.

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I wonder why you haven't responded to this post by g1184:

This kid touched a cop and you think he deserves to be choke slammed, but Clyde Bundy repeatedly broke the law and then pointed guns at cops and you think he is a hero.

And people aren't responding to you to defend me, the world is just tired of cowardly hypocritical racists like you. It really isn't your fault -- as Bill Burr said about people like you, you just lived too long. I am sure your views on race were once considered quite moderate. Unfortunately, you've just lived too long, and now you stand out as an ignorant fool whenever you open your mouth.

1 person likes this.
  3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

No one is coming out of the woodwork to help anyone else. You're not that important to the extent of some sort of collaborative effort. I know you wish that were the case, but please, calm those delusions of grandeur down a bit.:)

You, of all posters, really want to bring up "substance?" You? C'mon, Texxx, this is your outlet for baiting others with the same insults you accused me of. It's like clockwork for you. You jumped on this thread for the same reason you were all over the Trayvon thread. Luckily, no one was murdered in this incident.

Again, please be aware of the predictable pattern in your posts.There is a definite pattern because this is the only place you post your favorite baiting-laced articles. I couldn't make that observation if you were more involved in the basketball-related discussions. I'm sure you feel like you have home-court advantage here lol.

If anyone conducts a short dissection of your posting history, especially as it pertains to minorities, with African American men being your favorite target, you consistently make defensive claims of bias, liberal stupidity or, my favorite, "I'll be the bigger man and not respond in kind." These are all easily documented. You mentioned page 1 of the Trayvon epic-thread which, in itself, is a personal portfolio of baiting techniques without substance. Copying and pasting an article (with your own "biased" anecdote at the beginning, of course) is far from providing substance. It's baiting.

Again, to your credit, you seem to be an intelligent man, so I'm quite sure you are calculated in your methods of response. I just wish they weren't so often applied to incidents of power struggles, where minorities are being on the losing end. Either way, it's your right to defend whomever you'd like. I just personally think it's a great acting job, but I'd rather not respond to a character who is the master of baiting. That's an area where I don't quite excel like you.:)

You love the baiting game, and when someone actually responds to your polarizing ideas, you simply love to create some sort of response to suggest a level of inferiority.

I can already anticipate that you'll make up some sort of "race-card" response, but your posts in this forum have patterns that a largely non-supportive of certain demographics. MLK thanks you for not crapping on his legacy in your signature.

Similarly to your posts, it was just another way to bait many of us who have read your posts and identify as African American or part of a different categorization. I guess that's your right, but for many of us, it's more than apparent that there are some deep-seeded issues on your end. And no, it's not just from this short video/incident.

Were you right about Trayvon? Absolutely not. You had an opinion. If you think the legal decision makes Zimmerman conclusively innocent, that's not necessarily accurate. I'm not alone on that one, nor are his battered ex-girlfriends.

It looks like I made the mistake of being sucked into taking the bait. My mistake. To your credit, you are skilled in articulating your extreme views on topics related to minorities and law enforcement. I don't know if you actually believe all that you concoct, or if these are the words of a character you play online.

Perhaps I'll choose to read your posts as entertainment or satire, though, I'd rather respond to your posts characterized by logic instead of purposely attempting to derail newsworthy topics with your preferred baiting techniques.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Really not sure why you guys engage Tex. He isn't here for a debate or a discussion.

5. Codman

You're right. Thank you for the reminder. Seriously.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The bigotexxx clown show is back. No proof! Bahaha...

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Take a step back and think. Where did I ever inject RACE into this discussion anywhere? Your bias has led you to wrongly assume that I'm taking one side due to race. That couldn't be more wrong. This is where you need a mindset adjustment. Look at the facts and don't let race cloud your judgment. Can I ask if you're black or bi-racial (at least part black)? I suspect you are due to your bias, but I am not sure.

What you are trying to do with your long winded, off topic post is take the focus away from the facts and try to attack character rather than the substance of what happened. My position is that people should avoid laying hands on a police officer. When they choose to not work with police and instead lay hands on an officer, they shouldn't be shocked when the officer responds with force. Forget about race -- this is common sense.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The cop has anger management issues and that's clear. Feel bad for his kids.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Kid also has anger management issues. Feel bad for his parents.

;)

10. Cranberry_Juice

Big Texx ain't racist. He's just against the pussyfication of America.

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

If what you said were true, then he would be consistent with the way he defended law and order -- but, since he isn't, your defense of him via vulgar, baseless and idiotic insults can be clearly seen as incorrect.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Kids will be kids. Sorry that all kids aren't goody two-shoes like you were. :rolleyes:

13. g1184

g1184 Member

If the black kid rounded up his friends, they all got guns, and stopped and searched traffic - guess what would happen, and what these guys would say about it.

1 person likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have kids approaching this age. Assuming I wasn't visiting my child in the hospital or morgue, I'd be paying more attention to his bad behavior fighting with other kids and disrespecting cops than I would to the takedown. The takedown may or may not have been excessive, but suing cops when my kid was acting like a punk wouldn't be high on my priority list. The kid set the conditions for conflict with law enforcement and then complains when the situation gets out of his control. As a parent, it seems a little ridiculous to point at a cop and say 'you have anger management problems! You're supposed to be the professional here. And my kid... well boys will be boys, right? You can't expect them to be the rational actor here.' Maybe if the kid was 4 instead of 14.

15. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://keyetv.com/embed/news/local/incident-between-round-rock-pd-officer-and-student-caught-on-camera" ></iframe>

This is a video of the two witnesses above, the boy who took the video and the boy who posted the video. It starts at the 1:10 mark.

<iframe width="1205" height="678" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1ccSj4s_0ZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The situation went MMA ONLY after the officers showed up and cornered the 14yr. old kid!
    I wish I could see the other kid that was involved , you know to compare the two kids, but the officers went after only one! :eek:

(PS) It's obvious the kid wanted to continue fighting, I mean why else would he put his backpack on? :confused:

#116 BamBam, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  17. Codman

You "inject RACE," or in your case, racism, into nearly every thread that involves a minority. That's not just me...the majority of us on this BBS have witnessed your jabs countless times. You're the master at attempting to cover them up, but after awhile, you just can't. We know your technique. It's tiring and acts as a poor example of tolerance. Trayvon wasn't your first debacle either. Don't act brand new.

My race has nothing to do with your shameful patterns. I have some sort of bias because I may be biracial or African American? What the hell is that? Once again, you show your true colors without a hitch. You rush to the defense of the other party whenever it's convenient, especially when it involves, as you called them, "the Blacks.":rolleyes:

I'm glad you finally admit that you are a "character," but I don't see how I'm attacking you by responding to your consistent race-baiting threads and posts.
    You assume that this young man wasn't "working" with the police, even though he was cornered and followed directions. There's no requirement to simply agree with the police, especially when they're out of pocket. You owe a whole lot of people an apology.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I actually think things like this happen mostly because we have too many poorly conditioned and poorly trained cops. This guy looks like a sloppy fat mess and as crazy as it sounds looked to have a slight sense of fear that this skinny 14 year old could take him.

If he was competent enough to diffuse the situation and/or in good enough shape to restrain a child with minimal force, this would have never happened.

19. dragician

dragician Member

no surprise why the kids who were watching the incident were horrified by the way the cop handled this...

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u8mortvncDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Synopsis

Kid flashes high beams at cop because he thinks cop has high beams on
    Cop pulls him over for flashing high beams
    Kid gives cop attitude and films him with phone
    Cop tells kid to get out of the car and lay on the ground
    Kid complies but continues with the filming
    Cop gets pissed and kicks phone
    Cop attempts to tase kid, but is too close to him
    Kid freaks out because he is getting tased
    scuffle ensues
    Cop shoots unarmed kid 7 times and kills him
    Cop is clear for all wrong doing

The kid should not have been a jackass to the cop, and I don't necessarily believe that the cop should have to go the prison. However there is no way this cop should still have his job. He made the situation lots worse, lost his cool, and killed a kid over freaking high beams.