1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas liberals shamefully protest Perry's measures to safeguard women's health

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jun 23, 2013.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

If men had babies, we would have planned parenthood clinics like Starbucks.

All of these laws are about nothing but control.

2. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

LOL, talk about fear mongering. Yes, it is all about controlling people...it has nothing to do with the morality of killing millions of human beings.

3. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The real reason is democrats know that a huge chunk of their base who are too stupid or are afraid they will be too stupid to use one of the million forms of birth control only vote at all for their right to have unprotected sex, get pregnant, and then wait 20 weeks before aborting the baby even though that was their plan all along.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Morality? Lol. You've got to be kidding.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That's one sentence ladies and gentlemen.

6. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Is it not wrong to end a life? Is abortion not barbaric and inhumane? Is it absolutely ridiculous to ask that you make that decision 4 weeks earlier than you currently are required since medical technology allows babies as young as 20 weeks to survive? And why does everyone believe these clinics will shut down??? They MAKE money. They can at least ensure that they can cover every possible complication and ensure that women are not scarred from these procedures.

7. mc mark

Excellent post

trueroxfan frankly it's none of your business what someone else does if it's legal.

8. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Slavery and segregation were both legal once...

9. mc mark

You are equating the personal right to an abortion to slavery and segregation?

oookay

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

well, having read like 10+ years of repetitive abortion debate threads (never discussion), I can say this very gently.

The whole point is that people do not agree on when "life" begins. You have those who consider conception. Many who consider birth (since it's so obviously independent when the umbilical is cut). And you can go all the way to extremes like Aristotle who thought you could put toddlers down b/c they weren't truly formed human beings yet.

So anytime anyone comes in and wants to enforce their definition on other people (and by people I mean people who are born so that everyone agrees that they are indeed people), you get a debate, no matter how many exclamation points you use.

Hope you volunteer to help unwanted children and vote accordingly to match your passion for innocent early stage humans!

Peace and best wishes to you.

11. Classic

Classic Member

seems a legit statement; let's test it:

Abortionist says: why should a fetus have any rights whatsoever? The woman's rights trump theirs.

Segregationist says: Why should a black have any rights whatsover? A white's rights trump theirs.

They're both attitudes/actions taken that aim(ed) to suppress and silence the rights of another while at the same time dehumanizing the subject.

Not horse in the race, just an observation.

12. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I am saying we once found those and other things morally acceptable and yet overtime we are virtually all convinced they are not.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If abortions are carried out, I prefer it to be before one or two weeks after the second trimester, but I also understand that we live in an imperfect society where laws and technology are imperfect tools to shoehorn human behavior and vices.

I think the notion of 'women being controlled' will be questioned as an idea after a couple more generations if the progressive trend of women dominating white collar jobs continues. But with it, will the abortion question die down politically?

I doubt it.

A harder and more resounding issue to tackle would be the culture peddled by mass media. Sex sells, and that is the ultimate form of control. I guess American liberals are more blind to its influence as social conservatives are blind or silent to the Religious Right's paralyzing ignorance, but the same medium that encourages and glorifies mistakes in the heat of passion is the root of the problem.

As society becomes more decadent and more willing to unbind the social mores of several centuries, the pendulum may shift again as the fabric of a traditional family is ripped apart with single mothers, middle aged abortionists and dead beat man-children. That's something laws and cool toys can't fix.

YOLO

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

But it already falls into the problem I set out above. Our society does not at all agree that a fetus is "another" person just like white and black people are both "another."

So it's a legit statement only if you argue that a human has full legal and moral standing long before birth.

Like you, I don't have a horse in the race (and now will exit stage basketball). I'm just trying to point out one of the many reasons that these threads tend to be kind of pointless and repetitive.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A fetus is not a human being. That's the problem with all you pro-lifers. You think a fetus is a human life. It is not. Not yet. And A woman, not YOU, makes the decision whether or not to create that life within her and allow it into this world.

Do not impose your religious beliefs unto others.

16. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

What are they? A parasite?

---------

Slate Feminist Hopes More Women Proudly Rejoice When “Parasitic” Babies Are Aborted…

[​IMG]

There are some sick puppies on the left.

Enough With the Grueling, Wrenching, “I Had an Abortion” Essays — Slate

… When I was an editor at Jezebel, there was a Tumblr that made the rounds called “What to Expect When You’re Aborting.” The 23-year-old anonymous author put the site up because when she needed an abortion, she tried googling “abortion blog” and only came up with anti-choice nonsense and women who regretted their terminations. So she wanted to publish something servicey that explained what an abortion was like and how to go about getting one. But what I liked best about the site was how blithe and unapologetic she was about her choice. She described the aftermath of her abortion like this:

By monday my hormones were a little wonky but in all i just felt like this parasitic creature that burrowed its way into me and fed of my energy, apetite, [sic] and joy was removed. And I had been restored.

This kind of honesty might not change any anti-choice minds. But it pushes forward the idea that there isn’t one right way to feel about terminating a pregnancy. And it has the potential to nudge the battle back leftward after ceding so much ground.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/07/09/abortion_essays_why_must_they_always_be_so_sad.html
    http://jezebel.com/5040544/blogging...tongued-knocked-up-16-year-olds-where-are-you
    http://myabortion.tumblr.com/

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Before 9 weeks - it's called an embryo
    After, it's a fetus.

The relationship is parasitic by definition, but not a parasite as a parasite has to be of a different species.

Welcome to a world of science Bob Marley.

18. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I was referring to the article I posted where the feminist referred to the unborn child as a parasitic creature.

So is an embryo or a fetus not a human? If it is isn't, what is it?

19. Classic

Classic Member

Actually chief, I'm pro choice. What a woman does that is considered legal is between her, the Dr & the universe.

Glad you can rationalize your position though.

20. bucket

bucket Member

Um, it's an embryo or a fetus?