1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas liberals shamefully protest Perry's measures to safeguard women's health

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Abortion is awesome

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

IMO, decisions on abortion should be left up to three parties. The individual or family seeking/inquiring about one, a counselor, and a doctor. No one else.

This is a very PERSONAL decision that the public and/or gov should not be apart of - Other than enacting measures that ensure safety, confidentiality, and knowledge about the risks and reality of the situation to the patient/family. Nothing more, nothing less.

An abortion is a personal decision, but I strongly believe that it shouldn't be taken lightly. Ensure safety and require individualized and objective personal/medical counsel; outside of that, butt out.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wow... selective hearing

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Too bad you didn't include the unborn baby's CHOICE in this matter.

hypocritical logic on your part

5. Anticope

Anticope Member

It also always makes me feel good inside when our state representatives are using bible verses to justify their support of this bill. :rolleyes:

If republicans truly cared about the well-being of these fetuses, then they would make sure that these same people have access to affordable health care coverage throughout their lives as well, but of course, they don't.

Perhaps rape kits are also capable of "cleaning out" our lawmakers brains as well?

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You care about the fetus, but then when the baby is born and it's born into a impoverished setting you don't support it or its family one bit. Because **** poor people they are a leech on society, amirite?

I suppose you'd rather find babies littered in sewage lines and thrown away on the streets like in China. If you want to get rid of abortion, then compensate by increasing welfare given to those that need it to support said baby.

You are a delusional moron seeing how you care more about a fetus than a developed human infant.

7. bigtexxx

You're projecting false accusations. I'd much rather support the baby than kill it before it's born.

Think deeper, don't just label with broad strokes like you're doing. Think, son.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You assume the fetus has a choice. It does not have the mental capacity, the knowledge, the experience to make any choice. For all you know, when it does at an older age, it might decide that it should have been aborted. Would you now argue that the mother is forcing a life onto it and we should punish the mother for that? NO, no one in their right mind would.

Now, if you want to argue that the fetus is a human being and that it's illegal to kill a human being, that's a valid argument. But choice, there is no choice here but for the mother, which is why it's so personal and such a dramatic decision - the mother is making a decision whether or not rip out part of yourself and she, herself, have to endure that for the rest of your life. I said that's punishment enough. Have compassion. Provide, instead of restrict, resources to educate, consult, inform and hopefully the mother can make the best and right decision for her and her family. I think such an approach would reduce abortion whereas the restriction and putting it under the rock, IMO, would mean more uninformed, bad and dangerous decisions and does not reduce abortion.

9. bigtexxx

So by that logic, are you also cool with giving the mother only the choice to kill a 1 month old newborn?

10. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Whenever I see the word "shameful" in the thread title, I automatically know who started the thread.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So ironic that Bigtexxx puts an MLK quote in his sig to try to hide his racism.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

or his assumed persona's appearance of racism.

You never know the reality on the internet.

true believer?
    masochist?
    left wing troll?

13. bigtexxx

I'm not racist.

I'm a big fan of MLK, Jr. Much respect.

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Such care for babies before they are born but afterwards **** em' especially especially especially if they are poor and minorities.

Of course like all politics this has nothing to do with caring about anyone. It's all basic ideology and pee-pee games so dumbasses can say lib-pig and conerva-nuts over and over again.

15. bigtexxx

This is a flawed argument. You're trying to change the subject and deflect attention away from abortion by introducing after birth care. And then you throw in the race card just for good measure. barf

I support care for the unborn and the born.

history will not look back kindly on the abortion era...

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

So ask the fetus, "If you don't want to be aborted say stop, now..."

17. bigtexxx

you could ask a 1 year old the same question...

PWN3D

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Abortion will still be legal in this country long after you are dead.

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I posted no argument or discussion so your defensive response is flawed.

DERP.

Of course like all politics this has nothing to do with caring about anyone. It's all basic ideology and pee-pee games so dumbasses can say lib-pig and conerva-nuts over and over again.

20. hlcc

hlcc Member

support the unborn and the born using what resources? are we suddenly living in a magical world with unlimited resources?

More than a billion people on this planet don't have access to clean water, and over 3 million people die every year due to water & hygiene related problems every year, millions more die every year due to lack of access to cheap medicines such as antibiotics. If saving lives is the ultimate goal for the anti-abortion crowd, shouldn't the $$ and time spend on trying to change the law and try to save the lives of unwanted & unborn fetuses be diverted to those people instead?