1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas liberals shamefully protest Perry's measures to safeguard women's health

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VeW-TcjX_R8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

i LOLed when I imagined the perryinator pausing mid-way and saying "on the people of...New York? no no, that's not the one. UM...whoops".

ho hum minority agenda...

how about unconstitutional agenda?

looks like Wendy is just using her Harvard Law School degree to school Perry in the matters of the law

"mob tactics"---cry harder. people who threaten the rule of law ought to think harder of well, judicial tactics.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

love watching Perry spike the football!

back to the kitchen, Wendy

4. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

Class act. :rolleyes:

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bigtexxx going for the hate trifecta... racist, homophobe, and mysoginist. Impressive.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

wow. uncalled for.

7. carlosc

carlosc Member

Racist - check
    Noxious puke - check
    Pretend nouveau riche - check
    Misogynist - I did not know that

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The title of this thread should be edited to Perry's measures to safeguard women's health as long as they stay in the kitchen.

9. Northside Storm

bahaahah.

first he justifies slavery, then this.

ohhhh, texxx

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol the attempted pile on

trust me guys, I love women!

what I don't love is a small unruly mob who uses screaming techniques to disrupt the Texas lawmaking process. Good on Governor Perry for calling the special session to sort this out according to the will of the people, not the will of a bunch of screamers from SoCo.

11. Commodore

texx, why induce a circle jerk of moral superiority?

they get off on being trolled like that you know?

12. Northside Storm

back to the kitchen, Texxx!

Wendy needs a sandwich for her Harvard Law appetite.

bahahaha. small egos here.

13. bucket

bucket Member

I'll go ahead and say I do feel morally superior to guys who tell women more accomplished and smarter than themselves to go "back to the kitchen". Are we really going to debate this?

14. Commodore

it was a bad joke, but just as bad are the "how dare you sir! I am outrageously outraged!" flood of posts that come after

I've always wondered how Daniel Tosh avoids such scrutiny, people seem to enjoy his humor

15. bucket

bucket Member

I guess it's a matter of taste. I dislike misogyny more than anti-misogynist outrage.

Because Daniel Tosh is funny. Like a lot of comics, he plays on tensions in our society to create humor. When someone makes a bigoted statement that's not funny, then I assume they're being sincere. Otherwise, why say anything?

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Texx is a Colbert inspired closet liberal setting up softballs to expose conservative caricatures.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You make it too easy.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Taiwanese animation of the issue.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fsszNpUAb-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

The guy just can't keep his mouth shut or his foot out of it.

Rick Perry: I Was 'Praising' Wendy Davis

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) may have offended state Sen. Wendy Davis (D), the woman who famously filibustered an anti-abortion bill for 11 hours on Tuesday, when he said that she should have "learned from her own example" as a teenage mother that abortions are never okay. But Perry claims he was only trying to pay her a compliment.

Perry's office told the New York Daily News on Friday that Perry was “praising Sen. Davis for her success despite coming from difficult circumstances.”

In a speech to the National Right to Life Convention on Thursday, Perry pointed out that Davis was the daughter of a single mother and then became a teenage mother herself at age 19. She went onto graduate from Harvard Law and was elected to the Texas state Senate in 2008.

"It is just unfortunate that she hasn’t learned from her own example that every life must be given a chance to realize its full potential and that every life matters," Perry said.

Davis responded to Perry's comments on MSNBC Friday morning.

"I would say to him that I had the privilege of making a choice about the path I chose for my life, and I am so proud of my daughters, but I could never for a moment put myself in the shoes of another woman confronting a difficult personal choice," Davis said, "and it really isn't for him to make statements like that."

20. DwightHoward13

Your sarcasm would have been successful if you could use proper spelling. It is "misogynist," not "mysoginist." :p