1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas High School Football Players Could Face Criminal Charges for Blindside Hit on Referee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 8, 2015.

1. VanityHalfBlack

They are young adults.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

A sophomore in high school is a young adult? Since when?

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words may never hurt me....

I don't care what the ref allegedly said. There is no place for assault in sports.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So an adult talking sh** to minors is ok....

But if the minors take matters into their own hands it's appalling?

I'm glad the boys had the balls to stand up to a racist ass f*** instead of just bowing down like they're expected to do.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sophomores in high school can typically drive.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

you don't know for sure that that's what happened. but for sure the two kids are idiots for thinking they would be able to get away with what they did.

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

None of these things are ok...

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I wouldn't rush towards trusting the players' accusations since they've established themselves as low moral characters. The referee is also considering pressing charges of slander, which I doubt he would if he truly said those things.

Another angle to consider is that I read the two suspended players were Hispanic, yet they accuse him of using the n-word.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's hard for me to imagine that a high school football referee is running around the field dropping N-bombs everywhere...

10. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

The guy that ordered the code red should get the strictest punishment. These kids were just following orders from an authoritative figure...

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

But they are culpable, orders or no. You weren't raised properly if you think it's okay to blindside someone -- anyone -- like that, unless they are in pads & a helmet and playing the game anyway.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think it's asking a lot of a hormonal 16-year-old to disobey his coach in the heat of the moment.

Obligatory:

[​IMG]

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

They must be executed by firing squad.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think you have the story wrong.

First, were the kids even black to be offended by the racial slur? Secondly, Ive never heard of a ref dropping that kind of a language around players. Otherwise, he would have had his ass kicked within the first minute of the game...not at the end of the game after the ref made a questionable call. And lastly, I have no reason to take the word of these kids who clearly acted like dumbasses...seems like they just want public justification for their actions.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It reminds me of the Vernon Maxwell defense that the Portland fan was talking trash to MadMax about his deceased baby.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's not a justification for assault even if it was true.

17. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

So the UIL had a State Executive Committee hearing on this a couple of hours ago. Ben Baby covers high school sports for the San Antonio Express-News.

Also, it wouldn't be a football thread without FTW Rockets FTW, who has no apparent athletic talent of his own and thinks that basketball and association football are the only real sports in his mind, providing no appreciable contribution as usual.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Quick update on what went down inside the Austin Marriott with the UIL, <a href="https://twitter.com/NISD">@NISD</a> and a TASO official: <a href="http://t.co/DxuLlH7W92">http://t.co/DxuLlH7W92</a></p>&mdash; Ben Baby (@Ben_Baby) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/641652457550934016">September 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#57 tellitlikeitis, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

NO WAY! They played the race card? Wow, never would've guessed that would happen!

[​IMG]

19. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

About that.... "Fitch" is Mike Fitch, who is with the Texas Association of Sports Officials (TASO).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fitch says there is no official complaint regarding things said by the officials.</p>&mdash; Ben Baby (@Ben_Baby) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/641633977086775296">September 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

so your saying that violence is an acceptable response to a couple of words?