1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Cop Who Fatally Shot Man After Entering Wrong Apartment Identified

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Sep 9, 2018.

1. amaru

amaru Member

I'm looking forward to hearing her defenses "big scary n*gger against poor defenseless white woman" defense. I'm sure that this man hadn't had any serious legal troubles in the past or it would have been all over the internet by now.

I wonder how long it will be until we hear about how this officer is actually a "genius" and how many years of "good" and "faithful" service she's had to her community.

macho GRANDE and ferrari77 like this.
  2. Granville

Granville Member

In the real word, its an issue because you have to have evidence to support a murder charge.....

jcf likes this.
  3. Granville

Granville Member

Well it didn't take long for people to make this a racial shooting despite nothing to support that allegation so far.

jcf likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

I see spin campaign is already in full effect.

Let me guess, she’s mentally ill now right? Because ALL mentally ill people are inherently homocidal. :rolleyes:

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Witnesses claimed they heard her knocking on the door saying "let me in". It's not hard to get to a possible murder charge and lots of articles hinting the prosecutor is looking for stronger charges.

Prosecutors had no problem over charging George Zimmerman.

heypartner and amaru like this.
  6. Granville

Granville Member

Zimmerman wasn't arrested right away either and over charging Zimmerman didn't help matters. The angry confused mob demanded murder charges and that contributed to Zimmerman getting off.

I have no idea how credible these witnesses are. If the prosecutor thinks he or she can build a case for murder based on these witnesses , let them have at it.

7. Granville

Granville Member

Who said that?

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Innocent people get put on death row all the time on the word of lying witnesses or scumbag DA's who make up evidence. That's the real world.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Prosecutor doesn't need witnesses to establish manslaughter, with which she is currently charged. They can get that based upon her testimony alone.

But those witnesses that heard her knocking at 10pm in an echoing hallway, and repeatedly saying "let me in" would actually establish that she lied to police in her official interview of record, saying that the door was ajar. She is going to have to convince jurors that she did not lie about that. If she did lie, then I'm sure prosecutors will push for 2nd Degree Murder over manslaughter, as her defense of being surprised and spooked go out the window.

Basically, the witnesses are putting her whole testimony into question.

....and all that has to be established is that she was indeed knocking and saying "let me in." at 10pm, which is pretty much the perfect time of day for maximum witnesses to have heard things in large apartment building hallways....with a combination of people still being awake, yet little hallway activity.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There were witnesses that also said Micheal Brown had his hands up and was executed....witnesses lie. Human intelligence is by far the least reliable form of intelligence. If you use weak ass "evidence" like that in order to over charge someone, you are essentially helping them walk.

11. Granville

Granville Member

What did you say in that post that disputes anything I said? YES, if they can establish the witnesses were teliing the truth then they can upgrade the charges.

12. Granville

Granville Member

So you agree that these witnesses could be lying, so showing some restraint early on is prudent. As BTG noted in the Brown case we had flat out lying witnesses that were discredited. Again if it's proven that the suspect is not telling the truth and the witnesses can cooboorate that then throw the book at her.

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Word on the curd in the DF Dub is they had a little something going on... Now I don't know how accurate this is.. But this is the info from the curb..

T_Man

14. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that was the case...

...too much of this has seemed a bit beyond the pale, even considering the famous Negro propensity for provoking police officers into shooting them first and sorting it all out later...

15. Buck Turgidson

Wow, reading through the last couple of pages I would recommend that all yall just walk away for a day or 3 and see what happens.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Her story makes no sense and sounds like BS

She is on the wrong floor without realizing it - I guess the apartments don't have their apartment number fully on them? How did she confirm the address then by stepping into the hall while on the phone with 911? And she didn't notice the distinctive red doormat not at all like hers? And the door was ajar when the doors auto-shut? And the lights were off and she only saw a silhouette? Why would someone be in their apartment in the dark with the door ajar??? The man didn't comply with her order but she didn't have the thought to engage him in any kind of questioning? She opened fire and began to administer help and called 911 without trying to find a light switch? She later turned on the light and then only realized it wasn't her apartment? How was she able to navigate a strangers apartment in the dark and not realize it wasn't her place? And why was she allowed to leave the crime scene?

Who believes all of that is true?

This is the way the building doors stay ajar:

#136 Sweet Lou 4 2, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Nippystix, JeffB, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  17. jcf

jcf Member

Are you in support of that? Is it ok when you have a police officer and a black victim?

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well I guess we should give him more credit in having premonition abilities that his knee bending antics a year later would merit a Nike endorsement.

Or you could be a dumbass.

I think the latter might be more grounded in reality .

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If the situation was reverse. . . . you sure the EXACT same procedure would have been followed?
    I *KNOW* it would not
    They will probably try to move it to a Cop Friendly part of town

"Until Killer Cops are treated like Cop Killers .. . . .we will always have a problem" - Paraphrased from the guy from the Isiah Factor

Rocket River

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. RightTooCensor

It's not the same if the situation was reversed. One's a cop and another is a civilian, both with different levels of authority that have to go through different types of questioning. The cop made a fatal misjudgement and will face trail for it.

You can't think it's a good idea to put a cop with aggressive inmates unless you want them to get assaulted. Cop Killers aren't the same as all Killer Cops. Cop Killers purposefully set out to kill people. Some Killer Cops make stupid decisions that result in them killing a civilian. If the intent was murder, then yes they deserve the same punishment.