1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Cop Nathanial Robinson Uses Stun Gun On Elderly Man Over Inspection Sticker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 15, 2014.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

I would think the Nazi StormTroopers are gonna be pissed when they see the new Star Wars Trailer.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Meanwhile in Brazil, on duty cops record a guy riding a "beer box car" (wtf) on the streets and have a good laugh lol

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=2b25e535a28f" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. The Law

The Law Member

I would still defy that you are referring to me as half witted due to my profession, which would mean that the diploma I display proudly in my personal office is of no consequence and the debt I have racked up over the past 2 years while chipping away at my Masters all while putting in 40+ plus to a city which I believes underpays me for the services I render.

But by all means, base my profession on the Victoria Police Departments standards of hiring and the 23 year old slap dick with a badge.

Profiling is BAD...unless it is the public profiling police and grouping them all in as "One." SMH.

1 person likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I've grown up listening to rap and playing violent video games
    _____

And just look how violent and aggressive your response to a simple opinion stated on a message board. If he said something so general and non-inflammatory to your face you might just try to kill him.

5. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Stop defending the idiot cops that are breaking the laws. Then we won't have to lump y'all into one group.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I will profile most police for aiding and abetting their ****ty counterparts. They don't snitch on bad cops. They watch out for bad cops. It's a brotherhood and some brothers would rather turn their heads than turn on one of their own.

It makes ALL COPS part of the problem. Maybe not you but I hope you have the courage to rat out a bad cop when the time comes, if not then you are just as guilty. This thin blue line **** has to stop.

7. The Law

The Law Member

I just called him a 23 year old Slap Dick. In what possible translation of the English language would you fathom this to be a defense?

8. The Law

The Law Member

The thin blue line concept adapted to this through mass media. In the beginning it was just a figure of speech to describe the brotherhood, and like it or not it is a brotherhood. I put my trust and life in their hands every night of the week. It was a term anf symbol deplicting a black line, a blue line and another black line which was meant to symbolize the last line of protection between citizen and criminal. It was a patch to be worn in memorial situations.

I defend cops who are being unjustly targeted without due process. Darren Wilson, for example, was convicted in the court of public opinion a long time before any evidence was released, and that was wrong. The officers with the Garner situation were wrong in that they broke protocol and a Grand Jury made a decision, not police officers.

If your opinion is that we all stand of one another when illegal activity arises I cannot tell you how wrong you are. Off the top of my head, I can think of 4 officers in my career that I did not trust, 3 of which have since been fired and 1 I (among most officers in my department) refuse to go to calls with him and are just waiting on him to hang himself.

People, man. We're all just people. We will never advance as a civilization if division is what is sought out. Both sides to this have to realize this or we are doomed. It's sad.

9. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I agree with what you're saying. Especially the part about cops being just people. The problem is the impunity that officers seem to have. This is a structural problem within our system. For example, the DA has too close of a relationship with law enforcement to properly bring charges against them. I think that much is clear.

I think any sane person understands that most cops are good honest people. But like any profession you'll have bad apples. The problem is the combination of authority + impunity

10. The Law

The Law Member

I can agree with, the system is what it is. It has holes. The DA's are politicians and are influenced by the highest bidder. I don't know about the administrative standpoint of law enforcement because I a still just a grunt, but on my level of patrol I would say that 75% of my coworkers do not trust/believe in the DA's Office as well. I have lost several clear cut felony cases because a DA is all about "WINNING PECENTAGE". They look at pleaing a case to a lesser charge as a win even though a little effort would have probably put the bad guy in jail for a term in which he deserved. But the DA wants to get re-elected and its all about what he can say in his upcoming campaign. They won't try difficult cases, plain and simple.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Cops should be held to a much higher standard than other professions.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just bottom line it.

A man was doing absolutely nothing that was even worthy of a ticket, and he got shot with a taser by the police.

Anybody who thinks there is any situation where someone not breaking the law should be tasted is a ****ing idiot.

Crap like this wouldn't stand in any other civilized country in the world. Cops have done such a great sales job that people will bend over backwards to literally excuse them for murder. Better a thousand guilty men go free than one innocent man suffer. The police should have an extreme bias towards not forcing a confrontation. Seriously, watch a documentary about the non-confrontational , unarmed cops in Europe, and tell me that this is the way things should be.

Cops in the US have an obsession with showing dominance. They think that leaning on everybody is what police are supposed to do. It isn't. I think this is more military spillover. Infantryman leave the army , join the police, and continue to operate with the mindset of an invading army.

Any situation where someone not breaking the law gets tasered should inherently be criminal police conduct. No questions asked. No matter how you spin it, in the history of police, that has always been the #1 reason why rational, intelligent people object to the very concept of police.

If you don't want to have this reflect on all police in the USA, this one cop needs to be held up as a deviant, excommunicated, and thrown to the wolves.

There was a time in England when the very concept of police was considered a "French tyranny". Those people would have started an actual, genuine revolution over this. If you want to call it a "mistake", fine. Any mistake that involves assault with a weapon on an innocent man should be a career ending mistake.

#72 Ottomaton, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I think what a lot of y'all aren't understanding is that this old guy was uncooperative, he was walking away from the police officer, turning his back to the officer, and yanked his arm away when the officer attempted to grab it.

Police officers must maintain control of the situation, for their own safety. If someone is being non-compliant, the police can't risk just letting that person wander around and do their own thing. If a member of the public does not recognize a cop's authority during a traffic stop, even if they are not breaking the law, they are a potential danger and must be treated as such.

Oh, and for those of you pointing to the guy's age, I remember seeing a dash-cam video of a traffic stop of an old vet who was also non-compliant and ended up pulling out a gun, and shot and killed the police officer.

Just because someone is elderly doesn't mean they can't be violent and deranged.

If that guy in this video had been polite, still, and cooperative, he would have been on his way in short order.

14. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Cops have to deal with the situation they created. As has been said before, good cops protect dirty cops. That means that they are all dirty in my opinion. Until the good cops start ratting out and ridding the force of the bad cops, they will not have my respect. The problem is so systemic, though, that the higher ranks are full of bad cops as well. The entire police and justice system in this country is horribly broken.

So...are you going to remain on the police force after you get your masters or flee to another profession as quickly as you can?

15. The Law

The Law Member

I taught special education prior to becoming a police officer. Law Enforcement is in my DNA, my entire family is in the profession, so I am struggling with what I want to do. I love the job, I love helping people and I could not see myself locked in an office as my office is mobile and I create my workload.

However, I do plan on teaching Criminal Justice at the college level as a side job. Ultimately my career goal is to go to Law School and be a Prosecutor as I see the problems first hand every day in the Justice system and I don't feel like I have the right to complain unless I pursue an interest that I can present plans to "fix" it.

That being said, I would have to continue being a cop in the meantime, as I have a wife and 2 kids and do not have the money to go to Law School and as an officer in the State of Texas they will pay for my school throughout a Law Degree as long as I remain employed as a Peace Officer.

16. Remii

Remii Member

I didn't make that excuse for Garner and I'm not going to make it for the old man... And if you have a son and you're not teaching him to cooperate with the police in a situation like that (even if your son isn't in the wrong) ----> you're doing him a disservice as a father.

Police are the ones who are heavy into profiling. And ironically police are complaining about being profiled. How can you not laugh at that... Lol...

You may be a great person and a great police officer, but unfortunately you get lumped in with the rest... You sir have the pleasure of experiencing what many black people (and Mexicans) have to deal with... Congratulations.

1 person likes this.
  17. The Law

The Law Member

Also Baba Booey, good cops rat out the bad all the time. In my department I can think of two instances off the top of my head where a complaint sent in at the patrol level (by a co-worker) led to the dismissal of said officer. However, you are correct that in both of the situations I know the officer could have faced criminal charges but the administration decided against it.

My belief is that the system is in a transitional phase. Policing is ever adapting, you can look throughout the 20th century that the profession went through 2 major translations which every cop learns about in school. Now we are in a phase most know as "Community Policing" which is getting cops back in the community which will be good for public perception. Additionally- getting body cameras on every officer will actually help as 99% of the time it will show the suspect at fault and prevent a lot of these bad situations.

I appreciate that you can actually have a conversation about this with me even if we don't see eye to eye on some aspects

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The cop when from 0 to 100, real quick.

He could have blocked the guy's path first, rather than trying to pull him back. All he had to do is hustle a few steps back and corral the guy. It certainly looked like he took immediate offense to the man basically waving him off and walking off. A little more patience could have avoided everything and I don't see how there was any immediate danger, unless the guy pulled out a gun on the spot.

19. The Law

The Law Member

So just to clarify, you are suggesting that the best way to advance to social and racial equality is not to eliminate profiling all together, but instead go with the "Good for the goose, good for the gander" method?

How about eliminating division all together? By the way, it seems in your last sentence that you are making the assumption that I am Caucasian and have never experienced profiling, which is not the case.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Bingo. Too many around here just don't like cops and always blame them, ignoring the obvious fact that the guy resisted.