1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Cop Nathanial Robinson Uses Stun Gun On Elderly Man Over Inspection Sticker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 15, 2014.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The cop never even reaches for the paper like the article claims. Straight for the wrist.

2. Cranberry_Juice

Needs to be balanced out with "I am liberal bandwagon activist that does not wait for all the facts and now has left the Michael Brown cause, because I just found out he was actually guilty" thread.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Show me your t***!

I'm an officer!

You won't? You are resisting

You are the only one to blame.

bigtexxx logic.

4. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

that does suck, nope after he got thru being an ******* he let us go

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What do you expect from dumbasses that never went to college and have a GED?

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Um. Were you jaywalking?

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looking at the video while Vasquez isn't cooperating he doesn't appear to be violent or physically resisting. At 1:12 in the video Officer Robinson grabs Vasquez's wrist and attempts an arm lock on him in a restraint position to most likely put cuffs on Vasquez. Now we can't hear what is said but I find it troubling that the officer felt he had to move to restrain a suspect that while verbally uncooperative isn't violent and especially one who is elderly.

Officer Robinson fails in his attempt to restrain Vasquez using the arm bar and proceeds to a a modified half nelson take down (note with no arm across the neck). This is important for two reasons:

First is this ties back to something I said in the case of Officer Pantaleo and Garner. There are takedown techniques that are safer than the one that Officer Pantaleo used to take down Garner. In the Staten island case the LE goes straight for Garner's neck while here the officer goes for shoulder and body control. Granted there are some big differences in size between Vasquez and Garner but such techniques can be used on larger individuals without endangering air or blood flow.

That said though this technique still isn't absolutely safe and if you freeze the video at 1:17 you can see that a significant amount of pressure is being applied to the back of Vasquez's neck also while we can't see the end of the takedown judging by how they both fall there also is a very big potential for injury to Vasquez. My own opinion is that such a technique on a 76 year old man is potentially more dangerous than even the tazer as both the pressure on the back of the neck and the impact of the fall during the takedown could be lethal.

Leaving aside that Officer Robinson was wrong in the first place to even stop Vasquez this seems like another situation of lack of control on the part of the LE during the arrest.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Are you sexy... He was probably trying to holla at you. Cops will do that.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Can't resist arrest... Even if it's something you shouldn't be arrested for. That old man is lucky that kid didn't kill him.

10. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Resist arrest? The officer grabbed his wrist without warning. It's a natural reaction to pull your arm away.

11. Aarackniid

Aarackniid Member

Nice sly way of getting your unfounded opinions across lol. It's in a pub med article from a few years ago hmmm? You're just throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks with your multiple tidbits of "Reasoning". I've grown up listening to rap and playing violent video games and i'm no more inclined to violence because of it. They're just forms of entertainment and whether or not that effects someone in that way depends entirely on the person. The idea that these things make people more violent is totally archaic. :rolleyes:

12. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

And cops wonder why they get zero respect these days.

Perhaps we should start paying cops a decent wage so we can get more than 90-IQ idiots in the ranks. We need to start pulling from a higher quality group of people or things will never change.

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

You might have missed the joke :rolleyes:

14. REEKO_HTOWN

And pay more taxes? Yeah right. The Rich folk are fine since they don't have to encounter this.

15. The Law

The Law Member

Oh no I just woke up and found out I'm r****ded. My kids probably agree with you.

16. Baba Booey

Reallocation of tax monies is the way to do it.

Either that, or just fixed the god damned streets. This city is an embarrassment. I can't image what it's like to bring in international business people and then drive them around on our third world roads. And yes, I have driven on plenty of developing nation roads. There are countless places in Houston that remind me of it everyday.

17. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Even if he resisted (which come on ... he is in his 70's) is this how we want our police treated civilians? This cop like many cops today escalated the situation instead of de-escalating and it turned from calm to violent. They don't need to inject aggression and anger into every situation. Most situations can be handled by staying calm and keeping everyone else calm.

18. Baba Booey

90 IQ is the low end of average.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

Same thing. The Rich don't care. The Corps don't have to since they get tax breaks to stay or move here.

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Because the Media and social media feast on the negative and rarely show all the good that cops do (although the good greatly outnumbers the bad)

Its not the pay that makes people idiots, its the training or lack thereof. The Same with teachers...people say "pay them more and they'll perform better"..however teachers in bad school districts are already typically paid more than teachers in good school districts...and their still not performing as well.