1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Simon Honeybone, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

QFT! REP for you! :)

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I will repeat, I love the Aggie band. But, opinions vary.

3. PointForward

PointForward Member

opinion do vary, but when someone says that our band "plays out of tune" and "marches out of line", I'm sorry, he doesn't know What the F he's talking about..

high school band director showing vids of the nationally known Fighting Texas Aggie band to point how NOT to march, huh? :rolleyes:

4. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

There will be haters and that's fine. Enjoy your life.

5. yo

yo Contributing Member

HAHA the Aggies on this board sure are apparent.

6. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Just because someone is nationally known doesn't mean they are good. Trust me, UT calls our band the "Showband of the Southwest" and they're technically nowhere near what you would want a band to march like if you were grading them like they do for state level competitions. There a few high school bands who could out march our band I'm pretty sure.

Not saying the Aggie band is the worst. They're not. They do what they do and it entertains their fans which is the entire point of having a marching band. You can't really complain too much. It's just if you're going based on pure technical merit they're not as great as their reputation would have you believe. In the end, though, if you enjoy them it shouldn't matter what other people think, no?

If it makes you feel better I only remember one performance by UT's band in my 6 years of attending football games there. The 2004 Okie State game. The band played a montage of video games and everyone ate it up. It also could have been that it gets remembered more fondly because we came back from a 35-7 deficit in that game.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm not an Aggie, I respect the school though.

UT and TAMU have great histories.

8. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

There is something fundamentally wrong with having yell practice.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Uh...they DO play out of tune. That's just a fact, man.

I'm not saying they aren't very good at what they do (precision military marching). They are. My step-dad is an Aggie and he used to take me to all their games during the Jackie Sherrill era. I went just to see the band. I don't hate them like a lot of people on this site.

But they DO play out of tune. They don't emphasize tuning. That's a fact. And FYI, I DO know what the F I'm talking about..

10. Simon Honeybone

11. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

What's wrong with yell practice? Is A&M the only school to have a "pep rally" the night before the game? Are there functions the night before at other universities where the fans show up and the coach and players might speak? The answer is yes and A&M isn't different in that regard. Where they are different is what we do compared to others. We file into the stadium 40,000 strong, where some schools might be lucky if they have 1,000 attend. We practice our cheers and get everyone excited about the game the next day. You might not like A&M's traditions and that's fine and I'm glad you didn't attend A&M an be a malcontent, but A&M is unique; some people hate it (you) and some people love it (us).

For those who have posted, I want to know which college you graduated from. If you graduated or attend a university in the big 12 or in the now-defunct southwest conference and hate A&M, all I can say is you aren't supposed to like A&M. I can guarantee that other schools in those conferences hate your school as well and the main reason is we compete with each other. For those of you who have chosen to speak up and did not attend any university in those conferences or at all, congrats, you are just a fan and to hate on a school because they are a rival of your favorite bandwagon team is just showing your ass.

Texas A&M - 2002

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

These gentlemen would agree with you:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

Of course they would...and your point? :confused:

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He always drank. DWI/DUIs are part of his life. He had them before he arrived at TAMU. He looks like trash though. I like that.

:p