1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

TexAgs.

Talk about a cesspool of idiocy. Never seen a bigger group of morons on the web.

2 people like this.
  2. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Couldnt agree more.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

SEC releases the early season TV schedule

(Thu.) Aug. 30 Texas A&M at Louisiana Tech (Shreveport, La.) ESPNU 7:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. CT

(Sat.) Sept. 8 Florida at Texas A&M ESPN 3:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. CT

(Sat.) Sept. 15 Texas A&M at SMU FSN 3:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. CT

SEC Media Day kick off tomorrow(I believe).

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Uniforms, cheerleaders, fight songs - it's all mindless pee-pee games.

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I hate to say it, but I'll be rooting for the Aggies that day. Hope they beat the snot out of the Gators & their jort wearing white trash fan base.

Go Dawgs

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Can't you just insert whatever mascot of the SEC team they're playing that week and this is still appropriate?

7. BigBird

No, not really. I understand that you're new to the SEC, but you'll get the idea about after a few years.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm new to the WAC, but I've driven through the south and you're right. I think jorts are too fancy for the rest.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Jorts are in man. Drive down Montrose or the Museum District. I didn't realize Gator fans were hipsters.

10. BigBird

I ****ing hate hipsters

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ym_Kg2uUpk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

A 2:30pm game at Kyle Field in early September

Fans are going to pass out from heat exhaustion

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

As opposed to games in Austin, or Houston, or Dallas, or Lubbock, or Baton Rouge, or Tuscaloosa, or Gainesville, or....?? I think you get the idea. I think they'll be ok.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They'll pass out at those too. Some chick always passes out.

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

http://www.theonion.com/articles/texas-am-fans-celebrate-1999-alamo-bowl-victory-ov,28976/

COLLEGE STATION, TX—Following the NCAA’s decision Monday to vacate all of Penn State’s wins from 1998 through 2011, thousands of Texas A&M students and fans poured onto campus in a frenzy of excitement to celebrate what has now been ruled as a victory for their team in the 1999 Alamo Bowl. “First thing we had to do was track down Coach [R.C.] Slocum—we found him at home mowing his lawn and immediately dumped Gatorade on him,” said 32-year-old former Aggie fullback Ja’Mar Toombs, standing in a streamer-strewn street below a banner reading “Congratulations, 1999 Alamo Bowl Champs.” “You spend your whole life dreaming about NCAA rulings like this, and when one finally comes, you almost can’t believe it. I’m just so happy to share it with those of my teammates who are still around.” When reporters asked about the appropriateness of celebrating a game that took place during a trip on which Jerry Sandusky allegedly molested a young boy he brought with him to Texas, their questions were inevitably drowned out by triumphant chants of “A and M!”

16. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Funny I think the same thing about here when I read your posts.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Aggies first year in the SEC is not going to be pleasant. If they had remained in the Big 12 it would have been much better, much better. Hope I am wrong, but unlikely. They made a mistake on the coach as well; don't think he is a fit.

18. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Short-term it's going to suck, but I do think long-term it's going to work out. It got another Texas school to an AQ conference (though TCU wouldn't have been my first choice) and the schools leaving forced the Big 12 to get their **** together.

Personally, the Aggies needed drastic changes from top to bottom. Maybe the SEC move finally wakes them up. Because they would have been the same old Aggies had they remained in the Big 12.

19. Buck Turgidson

But they would still be Aggies. Be Aggies.

Please keep the entertainment coming.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They would have been much better if they stayed in the Big 12? Wrong... they'd be exactly the same. Their record would be better in the Big 12 is what you meant. Because the SEC is infinitely superior. Gag em'.

1 person likes this.