1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

So you don't think these kids today do all this for attention, Ziggy? The constant stream of commit/decommit/commit? The televised commitment ceremonies? The "Top 16/12/8/4" lists posted on Twitter? If not, you may think I'm butthurt, but I know you're ignorant.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh I agree, the kids in general are out of their minds now. Has to be hard as hell to deal with them. But Saban and Meyer are handling it fine.

3. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Some big time recruit decommitted from Ohio State because Meyer didn't recognize him in the hallway....

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Young Millenials ****ing suck at basic life skills, but the dumbass WR coach needs to STFU about it. b****ing about how soft kids are these days doesn't work when your livelihood depends on them.

5. jbasket

jbasket Member

Seems like his common sense would be to not throw a hissy fit. Yet we're the ones without basic life skills? ;)

halfway sar

Yea that sounds like something agreeable.

Us kids here are out of control. But at the same time, media/people are kind of condoning those actions by giving it press. The "sources" give lists, the decommitting and committing gives headlines, etc. They are feeding the system. There's almost this cult-like obsession with status updates from recruits.

#4465 jbasket, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  6. Buck Turgidson

Pretty much if you're under the age of 23 or so, you are worthless to civilization for the next 5+ years.

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

I'll take it.

To veer back on topic:

[​IMG]

8. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I know Utility pointed it out, but here:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/ohio-state-urban-meyer-bruce-judson-didnt-recognize

The kids gets offended and decommits because Meyer didn't instantly recognize him? Seriously? Meyer meets with probably hundreds of people a week and the kid gets pissy because Meyer doesn't have instant recall? It's a joke. High school athletes are coddled and spoiled to the point that most of them can't deal with any sort of indication that they aren't the end-all, be-all.

*takes off his old man cardigan and goes to sit in a corner muttering about kids on his lawn*

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Must be something in the water. So not only do you get blasted via Twitter by coaches, but commits will straight up air your personal convos just because you announced you wanted to look around? Not the best selling points for kids nowadays.

Looks like the kid has deleted the tweet.

10. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I was talking about how a 12 team conference championship has a %50 chance of getting a repeat matchup and it made me think about the odds in a 14 team conference like the SEC. I believe there is a 28% chance of a repeat matchup? I believe you'll play a specific cross division team every year and then rotate between the other east teams for 1 game every year.

It made me want to ask you guys a question but before I do I want to say the SEC is a way better conference with way better teams than the big 12. I'm not trying to troll or **** on anything. I really have a genuine question.

Does it kinda bother you that the scheduling format is setup so you only play florida, georgia, missou etc every 6 years? That's how it works right? You'll play South Carolina every year in your rival game and 1 other east team. So that means if you host florida in 2016, you won't see them back in college station until 2028.

Don't get me wrong. That' still way better than playing Iowa St every year. I'll also say the bad thing about the big 12 round robin is you only have the 3 non conference games while the SEC kept 4. Just curious.

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Ah, coaches get paid ridiculous money off the backs of these kids, who get no compensation other than (what often are) worthless degrees. I don't mind players messing with these college coaches. As many of you have pointed out, the whole industry obsessing over 17-18 year olds is silly as h*ll. Sometimes, I feel bad for enjoying college football so much. They really need to pay these players already. How many other places compensate the biggest contributor the absolute least?

#4471 oakdogg, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  12. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

The last time I was this uncertain about an upcoming Aggie season was the first year they joined the SEC where Johnny won the Heisman trophy (2012). The Aggies will get a big test when UCLA & their QB Josh Rosen come to Kyle for a Labor day weekend game.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A&M will have one of the better defenses in the SEC. I think they'll be okay this year. Not title contenders, but better than last year for sure.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

15. Buck Turgidson

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Aggies get a piece of the pie. Mond to CS

17. ABforPresident

Great pick up.. Mond>Martell IMO

18. ABforPresident

Oregon transfer Kirk Merritt headed to College Station.. Another explosive weapon, will probably get a shot at RB in 2017

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

How has this not been posted? Pretty ridiculous. Not hateful but something you expect the goold old boys to say with their buddies.

Two coaches wrote a parody of the war hymn about female students becoming sports fans. It seems

Texas A&M suspends 2 assistant coaches over slide show, apologizes
    http://espn.go.com/college-football...uspend-assistant-coaches-degrading-slide-show

[​IMG]

"We are Aggie women, we are filled with estrogen. Hullabaloo, canek, canek and back again.

"Maroon & white are the colors we love, we are putting down our dish towels and taking off our gloves.

"No more Lysol or Cascade, we want to score touchdowns and walk in this parade.

"We are Aggie women & this is our song, come on ... bring it on ... no more thong. Hullabaloo, canek, canek ... and so on ..."

#4479 Brando2101, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya not sure how anyone would think those slides would be a good idea. Even more surprised that the assistant coaches were actually putting the presentation material together.