1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Honestly if UT and A&M played last year, UT would have had a pretty good shot at winning. Probably not as much the year before though.

2. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

What makes you believe this? Are you just trolling?

At BYU (Lost 40-21) BYU's QB ran for 259 yards and 3 TDs. Good luck stopping Johnny.
    Vs Old Miss (Lost 44-23) Common opponent that A&M beat in Oxford, Miss.
    Vs Okie State (Lost 38-13) McCoy Swoops QB combination did not fare well in this blow out.
    At Baylor (Lost 30-10) The horns made Bryce Petty look like a heisman winner.
    Vs Oregon (Lost 30-7) Swoops is the future?... Maybe not.

I don't see it man. Any result could have happened if the two played, but A&M would have been the favored by 10-12 points.

3. ln3012

ln3012 Member

A&M would def be favored by double digits and I don't think Texas would be able to contain Johnny. But who knows, Texas did beat a better team than A&M last year (OU) & what was the best team A&M beat...Duke? That's the beauty of rivalry games.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Aggies had no chance, via the miracle of Case McCoy:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. jvu

jvu Member

False. UT would not able to slow Johnny and elite core of receivers. UT had extreme talent they recruited but all those recruits wasted their talents by going there.

UT haven't had one player drafted this past year.
    A&M had 3 x 1st rounders this past year.
    A&M had Von Miller, Joekel, C-Mike, Johnny, Evans, Matthews, Tanehill. All drafted and it showed on the field this past few years.

Sumlin >>>> Mack Brown

No way we lose. We wouldn't even lose if we started Matt Joekel at QB.

1 person likes this.
  6. BigCountry132

BigCountry132 Contributing Member

SamFisher's excellent graph clearly shows how you might lose.

7. jvu

jvu Member

Graph clearly explains what goes on in Case's brain against any team.

[​IMG]

8. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

This thread was better when it was about A&M Football...

Seriously though, every time I see a "YESSIR!" pop up in my twitter feed I come here to find out what is going on.

Like, why can't all you teasips just...go to your own thread and stuff? ;)

9. SamFisher

Umm, you did have all those guys, then this happened.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Charlie Strong mandated that Texas fans cannot cheer for their team anymore (no happiness or celebrating allowed) so they're left scrounging around in here. I hear if UT wins 10 games Strong might allow the players to listen to music again, but only from 6-7pm on Sunday and away from team activities. No gadgets allowed.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The beauty of rivalry games is when they're actually played...

12. SamFisher

Boot camp is hard yo.

I heard Da Sumlincopta iimplemented a 120 mph speed limit for all players (100 in school zones) to get the boys back in line.

13. jvu

jvu Member

You know what.. Thank y'all for that game.. Bcuz now we have sumlin and were in the SEC now. Get outta here w/ all that old rivalry!!

14. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Agree with everything but the notion that A&M will ever have better facilities than UT. That's very laughable.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Considering how many annoying kids both schools let in each year I'd say both of their facilities suck.

16. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

What do you mean? I'm just getting at the one thing that Texas can control is how much money they put into their facilities. They can't buy wins. It's not just seating capacity.

It's a sad state of affairs that the thing to be pounding our chest over is so far removed from on the field quality.

17. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

A&M will certainly have better facilities than UT in a year or two. I would expect that UT will follow with facilities as good or better. They will continue to top each other in that regard and that will never end.

Bottom line is both will have facilities that are good enough that it wont have a real net effect in the end because both will be top of the line.

18. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Anybody who doesn't think that A&M has top notch facilities hasn't seen the football village, nutrition center, new locker rooms, etc that have been built over the last few years.

19. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

http://kylefield.com/

Renovated stadium coming soon, state of the art weight room (built in 2012), brand spanking new locker rooms and a new nutrition center.

[​IMG]

20. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Right on. Ut already has plans for new facilities I'm the works specifically a 2 story indoor practice field. They really need to go all out and upgrade the locker rooms and workout facilities. ATM should keep some money saved to renovate college station, cause that town is pretty dingy.