1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sumlin at Oregon? Damnnnnnnnnn. Nike helicopters. **** me.

2. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Anyone else hearing Golden no longer on the team?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No. But ****, man.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I know he was suspended, but kicked off completely?? Damn.

5. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

From what I've read on other sites, Golden withdrew from school this semester to deal with his personal issues (including the death of his little girl), but was going to be coming back in the spring or summer.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

If another college comes calling, I think it is clear that A&M won't get outbid.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I agree, but I guess we'll have to see what kind of price tag that comes with. I'm always a little weary when it comes to these kinds of things.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

On pace to have or surpass the six suspensions {last year vs. Rice}.

At some point, the arrests gotta stop, right? RIGHT?!

:rolleyes:

(Ricky Seals-Jones the latest)

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sumlin's got his boys disciplined real well I can see.

10. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Getting arrested for yelling "F*** You" at a guy who bumped into him at a bar and started talking crap at him is hardly earth shattering. Sounds more like a cop who wanted to make a name for himself.

11. Refman

Assuming this happened in College Station, it makes even more sense. CSPD is a little...ummm...zealous.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

need to get some control over these jokers, Sumlin

13. Refman

I'd give this the response it deserves, but CSPD would charge me with disorderly conduct. ;)

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

so now you're willing to badmouth the police and give the Aggie football player the benefit of the doubt?

that's rich, bro

15. ths balla

ths balla Member

i never give CSPD the benefit of the doubt having lived there for 5 years...never been arrested in my life but ive got my reasons to never trust them again

16. Refman

I saw enough stuff that CSPD did when I was in school there to know that they will turn anything into a ticket or an arrest to make money for the city. They never got me...but I witnessed enough BS from them to know that they are a little questionable.

But you just keep on blabbing about things you know nothing about.

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

The cop was stopping a situation that was escalating into a physical confrontation by preemptively arresting RSJ before he could get violent, which based on what I've read would've been the result had the cop not stepped in.

18. Refman

His attorney says otherwise. They are fighting the charges. His version of events are that RSJ went to Northgate to pick up a friend who was too drunk to drive. RSJ claims that he had no alcohol but was not granted the opportunity to take a breath test. As he was helping his friend to the car, he was struck and words were exchanged. Then he was arrested.

The attorney states that there is a bystander who confirms this version of the facts.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

CSPD is terrible. Lived their for 5 years. Own property there. Have a friend who's with HPD who knows about CSPD.

I knew a TAMU professor being stalked. The guy would leave dead animals on her footsteps. Real strange stuff. CSPD did next to nothing to investigate. You get folks from other cities robbing houses, cars, stealing bikes in CS, they go to CS to rob everyone because the city wont investigate the crimes and they don't invest in resources (like helicopters or tech) to chase these types of criminals. They've also been caught letting people they suspected of being drunk get in cars and drive before stopping them - waiting til they commit the crime to bank instead of trying to prevent it. There are a ton of horror stories out there (no I don't think giving a DUI to someone who is drunk is a horror story but that scenario I described is scary).

CSPD is nuts. I would love for TAMU to against them and see what they can do. CSPD is like Hydra man.

20. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

What kind of animals did you use Ziggy?