1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans vs. Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 6, 2003.

1. droxford

droxford Member

Texans...

pass coverage was non-existent

offensive line continued to struggle

offensive coordinator still needs to be fired

Carr needs to learn how to handle himself when he has noone to go to.

More on that last one... Carr seems to almost never run with the ball (maybe because of the offensive line?). I know QB's shouldn't but there were times when we only needed 3 yards and he coulda done a run-and slide, but he didn't. He also isn't very good at dumping the ball (got intentional grounding). Also, (most scary) he sometimes unwisely throws the ball into close double-coverage resulting in an INT. He's a very good QB and has what it takes, but still has some learning to do.

-- droxford

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Sweet Jumbalaya. That was a romp. Mcnair will probably get the MVP based on the fact that he was denied last year. In the NFL you have to pay your dues. The only way he loses to Peyton is if Peyton takes the division from him single handedly. But they probably won't even win the division.

3. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Well, he is still only a second-year guy, so he's still likely to make stupid mistakes. It's up to the coaching staff and Carr himself to continue to work on those weaknesses. As long as he appears to be making progess overall and there's more good than bad, then a lot of people won't feel like criticizing the guy.

But I don't think there's a problem with criticism of Carr if it's a legitimate thing.

4. droxford

droxford Member

Well, I think my criticism is accurate, but that doesn't mean I'm down on Carr. He reminds me a lot of a sophomore Peyton Manning. Still making mistakes and learning, but getting better and better, and definitely showing that he's got what it takes.

-- droxford