1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans vs. Chiefs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rockets-#1, Sep 16, 2003.

1. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Any team can win on any given Sunday, and I believe the Texans can win this game, but we'll definitely have to put some points on the board when facing Kansas City's offense.

The most encouraging thing is that Priest Holmes is questionable for the game.http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefs-holmes&prov=ap&type=lgns

Don't let Stevens on the field!

My money is on the Texans, partly because it's their home opener. GO TEXANS!

2. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Chiefs 30
    Texans 11

At least its an improvement from last week

3. Maynard

Maynard Member

Priest Holmes is listed as Questionable because of sore ribs...

(according to 610)

lil bit of good news for us..

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'm looking for Houston to bounce back against KC.

Texans 17
    Chiefs 13

Go Texans!!

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Texans 24 Chiefs 23. Just keep 'em out of the endzone.

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I know I'm preaching to the choir saying this in here, but if you're going to the game this Sunday, scream your ****cking heads off!! We have got to make Reliant the toughest place to play in the NFL (for opponents).

As for the game:
    After enduring two hateful road crowds, the Texans will shock the world again with the support of a ROWDY crowd behind them this Sunday. Glenn and Coleman will have to play a great game, Trent Green is an accurate QB and they can throw the ball. If Holmes plays, we'll just have to jam up the line like we did against Miami. We'll have to take our chances one on one with their recievers. It'll be tough, but any given sunday right...

My Prediction:

Texans: 31
    Chiefs: 28

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

This one might get real ugly real quick. KC can score in a hurry, the Texans can't. I see this one being over by halftime. I hope I'm wrong but the offense is struggling and the defense is banged up not good if your going to face arguably the best offense in the NFL

KC 31

Houston 10

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I'll go w/ the Texans....but even w/ Holmes is out, Larry Johnson is going to have a field day...

But I bleed Texans blood in Cowboys country....

Texans 17
    Chefs 10

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

questionable = he'll probably start.

We must run the ball and win the TOP battle. Keep that KC offense off the field. Keep it close until the 4th quarter, then attack. Dom Capers Football 101. However, it will be tough without Seth and Gary.

Rowdy crowd gives the Texans the edge 20-17.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

On paper, the Chiefs should win by a "blow-out," BUT, I really like this young Texan team, so I am going with my heart:
    Texans 24 Chiefs 21.

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I agree with "Any Given Sunday", but we have no chance...I'd take the over, and it'll all come from KC...

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I thought probable = "he'll probably start" and questionable = "don't bet on it."

cause isn't Gary Walker listed as questionable too, and he hasn't played yet this season.

In other news...I just checked the injury report for the Texans. Did anyone else know Kris Brown is listed as questionable (groin)?

13. Blitz

Blitz Member

i am a die hard texans fan so i will predict a win every sunday even when i think they will not win. But i say its gonna be a offensive power game.

34- Texans
    31- Chiefs

14. rockets-#1

What!? So the Texans have one game where we score 10 and we're all the sudden struggling? Maybe if we can't get it together for a few games yes, but it was only one game, don't say they're struggling.

15. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

By the way, it won't be Larry Johnson starting if Holmes doesn't, it'll be Blaylock. LJ has been inactive since the season started, and would probably back Blaylock up.

By the way, sorry to do this to you guys, but the Chiefs are my favorite team:

Chiefs: 42
    Texans: 13

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The Chiefs offense is incredible.

KC 39
    HOU 19

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Based on the way our offense has performed in the past, you could easily argue that Sunday was the norm and the Dolphins game was the exception.

18. rockets-#1

Shhhh!....yes

19. rockets-#1

Sorry for dub post, my bad.....But we also have a much upgraded offense over last season, and we've only seen two games with it.

20. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Good offensive minded teams are the ones that give the Texans the most problems. This explains why we can hang with and/or beat good teams like Miami but then lose convincingly to teams like NO. Unfortunately the Chiefs will probably win this one easily, 37-13.