1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Upset Giants!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by BobFinn*, Nov 24, 2002.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Impressive win for the Texans. If we could just get an offensive line in front of Carr and a running game (L. Johnson?), this team could go places.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

We need an offensive coordinator.

It should've never been that close, had we not run 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage on 2nd and 1 and then run up the middle on 3rd and 5... we never even gave ourselves a chance for a first down and to run the clock out.

Great, great win... the defense looked great, but we need to give ourselves a better chance to succeed on offense.

Also, anyone see Warren Sapp and Mike Sherman after the game in Tampa? Talk about a heated exchange... can't really blame Sherman, though. That hit was completely uncalled for.

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

That was a cheap shot by Sapp. He should be suspended for that crap. Great win for the Bucs though.

4. drapg

drapg Member

i saw it immediately after the Pam Oliver interview, when the Fox cameras were panning away... but i thought it was nothing much until I saw the post game show and heard the quotes.

:eek:

"put on a uniform!"

5. Timing

Timing Member

It's nice to get a win but I sure wish we wouldn't have won. Our draft position could be as worse as 9th or 10th if we keep this up. Argh!

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I know how you feel. It's really easy to become conflicted about it. I want to see the team do well...but we sure could use those high draft picks.

7. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I can't wait to see the NY Post tomorrow.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Great win by the Texans. I'm glad they finally stepped up and pulled it out. Like BobFinn said, they just need an offensive line to protect Carr. And then I feel everything will just flow from there.

9. Refman

We could still use a playmaker like Charles Rogers and another D lineman (Ty Warren anyone?). But I agree that our most glaring need is in the O line.

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'm not in Houston, so somebody please fill me in. I thought that their expansion draft and the NFL draft were both heavily weighted for O-linemen. I know that Tony Boselli is out for the year. What about the other guys? Who starts? Who's injured? Who's playing... and why?

11. Refman

Chester Pitts (a rookie) is playing out of position. He is playing left tackle and he should be playing one of the guard spots. The result...a lot of holding calls.

Young is the other tackle.
    McKinney is the center.
    Fred Weary (another rookie) is playing one of the guard spots. He's improving but making rookie mistakes.

I honestly forget who's playing the other guard spot.

There are some needs on the line to be addressed.

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I would say that is their only weakness. The defense is great and holding up and winning games. Carr is progressing as a rookie, but is doing everything possible to stay alive. The receivers and tight end positons look fine. RB positions look ok, but that can be dealt with free agency. That O-line is the poison that needs to be quarantined next year. If we lose Boseli forever, then we really need to go O-line deep in the next couple of drafts.

13. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Everybody is whining about our O-Line and running game but we have 4 rookies (Weary, Pitts, Wells, and Baxter) starting in those positions. You will see a big step forward with these guys next year and our line will not be such a liability. I remember when the Oilers drafted Brad Hopkins and he played his rookie year and everyone was saying how much he sucked. Well, duh, he was a rookie. Now he is a pretty good player. If Boselli plays next year then our O-Line is going to be in really really good shape because we will get Ryan Schau back also. I think Wells has potential to be an above average running back but not a top tier guy. I dont like Allen much at all. I would like to see us get another stud WR but I dont know who because I was very little college football. I also think we need to upgrade our safety position and get more depth at D-Line.

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

Is Matt Stevens going to get any love for his big interception? First good thing he has done all year. :D

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Great win. Who dem Texans.

16. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

ehhhh.... the team is full of weaknesses; in fact, it's easier to list their strengths: QB, K, P and then sporadically good-to-great players sprinkled about: walker, payne, shaper, glenn and young.

that said, i still don't get this notion the team's better off losing because of draft position...

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm with you...i mean i'm hoping cincy wins each week...but there is no way in the world i can go to or watch a game at home and root for the texans to lose.

19. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I agree as well. We have a plethora of draft picks already (since we're not gonna have a .500 or better record). So what if we fall 2 spaces in the draft? Let the guys get used to the feeling of winning. Let them think that they can win any game, anytime, anywhere. I don't wanna be the next Cincinnati Bengals (or LA Clippers), saddled with the stench of losing. Let them crave that winning feeling and not be numb (and indifferent) to the feeling of defeat. Besides, I have faith that Casserly will pick the right guys for this team, regardless of draft position.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

agreed...let's be honest, cincy is likely looking for a QB anyway...if they finish ahead of us, who cares?? they're not likely to take someone we'd want anyway.