1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Jul 24, 2014.

1. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Can't blame Arian for sticking it to the media after this offseason where they harpooned him on his personal life, even harassing him at home.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This Arian Foster interview is funny enough to warrant its own thread but here it is...

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/texans/embed/select/4TCjcfBagYfw" width="600" height="338" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

"I’m just trying to be the best teammate I can be, man."

1 person likes this.
  3. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL! That was awesome.

4. Raven

Raven Member

It's not a player's job to give reporters click bait answers, especially since they are looking for anything they can blow out of proportion (see Harden on Parsons), and it's funny watching the media whine about this, since they bring it on themselves.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That was hilarious. One of the few times I actually thought Arian Foster was funny.

It's OK for tbem to whine about it this time. From now on, they should ask him one or two questions and walk away instead of wasting everyone's time.

This won't last long. Arian loves to hear himself talk and he will open up enough to draw the media back if they ignore him. I doubt he can keep his mouth shut for long but would love it if he did.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yep. Showing up at his house and stuff. I hope he does this all year.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He should have been this defensive when it came to prophylactics lol.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yes he can, thanks to sites like Twitter and personal websites. They're just butt hurt because it makes their jobs harder.

I heard 610 yesterday afternoon b****ing (Rich Lord) about when athletes talk to reporters it's like talking to the fans directly. Are you kidding me Rich Lord, I can go and Twitter and directly talk to Arian or anyone for that matter. In fact most of their questions are facking stupid anyway and don't represent my interests.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Arian still trolling.....

10. ths balla

ths balla Member

so glad he is doing this, I loathe most of the media for the exact reasons Arian stated and then some

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

i thought that was really funny, makes me like arian a little bit more

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

Most media guys are thin skinned wussies so seeing them react all butthurt to Fosters comments yesterday was hilarious. Then when he tweeted out his comment today it was funny seeing some of their reactions to his tweet.

Grow some balls Houston media

13. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Good news, nobody got injured today!

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

LMAO best interview ever.... I really liked the part where he stated he is trying to be the best teammate he can be......

16. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Somebody needs to give him a "World's #1 Teammate" shirt.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Arian is a douche, but that was actually pretty funny. Pretty impressed that he was able to do that with a straight face.

Solid delivery. That's what made it funny.

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

"staysuckafree" LOLOLOLOL

Hell yeah Arian, ruffle some feathers :)

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So do we know what triggered those responses?

I dont think he should go out of his way to please the media, but for someone who keeps talking crap about them, he's not exactly cutting the middle man out. He could just be his own media, but instead he just tweets about random things. If he just put out the truth in a simple and direct manner, there's no way the media can twist it, not succesfully, anyway.

i think it's easy to put it all on the media, but Foster can definitely come off as a douche, both in person and on twitter. At some point, you've got to be more self-aware and realize that's how you're coming across. He doesn't have to change who he is to give a better impression.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If I was one of those reporters and Arian kept saying "im just tryin to be the best teammate I can be"...I'd ask, "Shouldnt you focus first on being the best husband and father you can be? How's your mistress doing?"

If Arian didnt always act like he's the smartest guy in the room, I'd think he's funny...but he's a d-bag to the extreme.