1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

5.6%
  2. NO

94.4%
  1. Since75

Since75 Member

Wow I couldnt have said it better. Obrien is a petty ......... I cannot believe the owner allowed this to happen.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  2. conquistador#11

Not very similar at all due to the fact that the Patriots had built a juggernaut.
    More of wanting to be the pats without the championships to back it up. Entitlement. Hoodie and Brady just smirked at each other.

3. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Rick Smith and Charlie Casserly faints

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Clowney walked we would be getting a compensatory third in return anyway. So unless we really wanted freaking Barkevious Mingo who sounds like a player from a Key and Peele sketch, we could have just kept Clowney for a run this year and gotten a third when he walked. The only reason not to do this is if the front office DIDNT WANT TO PAY MONEY. The Texans ARE GOING INTO THE SEASON WITH 30 MILLION IN CAP ROOM. There are still holes all over the roster and they do nothing. What kind of idiots do they think we are? More importantly what kind of message are they sending to their players?

Xenon, Nook, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Gonna get a Barkevious Mingo jersey ASAP if I can get his first and last name on the jersey.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

What a real GM looks like

Nook and BigM like this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are Texans the proud owner of "Worst Run Team in NFL"? Browns aren't woefully incompetent anymore and Bill o****ing Brien has that title in his sights.

8. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

The owner just put 12 million bucks in his pocket. He's fine with it.

I wanted Clowney traded but before the draft. This was totally botched. My guess is O'Brien went to Cal because Gaine wanted to extend Clowney and Billy boy hated that. They fired Gaine and now O'Brien can blame Gaine for not trading him when he had more value.

This team wasn't winning with Clowney and they aren't winning without him. I'm sad Luck retired because it actually improves the chances the Texans make the playoffs. They don't have the talent to compete and it wasn't going to be fixed with one offseason of free agents and a draft... espcially when your 1st round LT tackle turns out to be a guard.....

Nook and arkoe like this.
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

How about the Texans’ ownership show some balls and fire O’Brien right now? He wants to let his ego get in the way of what’s best for the team, then he doesn’t deserve to get this season to hang himself. He just gave away a former number one overall Pro Bowl-caliber defensive end for third round pick, a guy Seattle was going to cut (Mingo), and a former 6th-round pick (Martin). That’s an immediate fire-worthy offense in professional sports.

#209 DVauthrin, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    BigM and arkoe like this.
  10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Ok, I think I figured this out. BOB is sabotaging the Texans so he'll get fired and replace Beli in BOS next year. There has to be some kind of conspiracy, because this trade makes F___ing NO SENSE.

Clowney wasn't perfect, but he was a destroyer that forced Coordinators to plan for him and took some heat away from Watt. Mingo is a NEGATIVE asset, we're paying money to someone that was probably going to get cut and has been a total BUST. The 3rd round pick is basically a wash with what we could have had if we let him walk. The other kid? He may be our only hope of getting anything out of this trade.

Worse case we should have kept Clowney this year if we couldn't get a decent return. BOB's first move for Duke was an overpay, but he may still prove valuable. This trade will likely go down as one of the worse in Houston Sports History, if not Sports History.

I literally feel humiliated and I'm just a Texans fan, I can't imagine how the team feels--pretty sh__ty I guess.

BigShasta likes this.
  11. Major

Major Member

You repeatedly whine about the same **** in the Astros forum. Why?

LOL... Let's take a look down memory lane.

Nook, vinsensual, Fyreball and 2 others like this.
  12. DVauthrin

The Texans, in primetime, playing against one of the best and most talented teams in the NFL in one of the toughest road venues in the league. Yeah, I’ll take the Saints in a blowout.

Also, you may have a desire to see how this season plays out. But, many of us, myself included, know the best case scenario is they win a weak division and get their heads kicked in the playoffs by a legit contender.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

When even random football fans clown on your team...

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

What a pathetic organization

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BOB doesnt disapoint.

Spare parts for Clowney. Way to go Texans.

I'd like to hear all the people weigh in who were crowing about the Texans getting Tunsil a couple of days ago. You guys get what you wanted?

Nook, BigShasta and BMoney like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They will have over $48 million cap room this season now. Over $80 million next season.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

#218 J.R., Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yet.....I didn't say they didn't need a GM. I said they can survive one season without one.

20. DVauthrin

Good thing there are tons of good players sitting at home one week before the start of the season. Not.

Nook likes this.