1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You do realize Hopkins has been available since Last training camp and NO ONE offered a #1 pick for him.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Dude stfu.
    The fking viking got more from diggs and hopkins is a way superior wr

I knew u were gonna start defending this sht trade.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Look at Diggs numbers: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DiggSt00.htm

Hopkins: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HopkDe00.htm

Diggs had 35 less yards than Hopkins with FORTY less catches (1165 vs 1130). 1 less TD.

Diggs averaged 17.9 per catch vs 11.2 for DHop.

Diggs stretches the field.

Also Diggs is younger and makes less money.

Hopkins is a better pass catcher, no doubt. Diggs is a big play WR.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Look at the stats from last year. My other post......

I'm not defending anything..b****. I'm stating facts.

I know you can't understand the concept.

I don't like the trade....but it is what it is.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Cmon man...it's done...

Sooty likes this.
  6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I couldn't read all 32 pages, but the only way this makes sense to me is BOB is a commie plant sent to dismantle our team and turn us into a non-contender; get fired and leave us with a heap of smoldering crap and no draft picks. This is just un-f**king believable. I moved back here just in time to see all my beloved sports teams literally implode.

joshuaao, Sooty and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

This dude @Mr.Scarface thinks Diggs a better WR than Hopkins??? LOL Hopkins is the best WR in the game period you don't trade him for trash like BOB did.

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

WTF does big play WR mean????

9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

BOB should have been fired after the chiefs pasted the texans 30-0 in 2015 he should never have been allowed to get 2 GM's fired.

The offense should be top 5 with the talent but he is a moron and has no clue how to call plays or get production from his players.

The defense still sucks.

He is getting pennies for pro bowl players, but tossing extensions to guys that should be gone.

AstrosRockets1818 likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Texans have a big play wr on the opposite side of the field.

Nook and Xerobull like this.
  11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Is it too late to back out of this trade? If not then there's got to be a way to convince someone at the top to put a stop to this. I'm okay with trading hop but just not this bad of a trade.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm not a Texans fan...
    i stuck with the Titans since i havent lived in Houston in decades...
    but dayyyyyyymmmmm that trade sucks!

13. conquistador#11

To think a 1st rounder couldn't be had for a young all pro Hopkins is to not be paying attention to the NFL for the past 3 decades. They're always in demand. To be a GM you need to have zen something BOB does not possess.
    [​IMG]

mikol13 likes this.
  14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

NFL GMs vs O'Brien

[​IMG]

NewRoxFan, Dgn1 and IBTL like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The difference draft pick return value between the two trade was insane. BoB fked up, honestly we dont need u to justify why "diggs got more pick", (still wrony) literally everyone beside BoB defenders like u can see this is one of the shttiest trade ever.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol to be fair here being pro texan has become being a troll. It took a while finally people seeing the light.

Obrien was doing the bidding of mcnair and it is clear that they like to send this message that they are in charge and very much about trying to prove some point. Hopkins has been a marked man since his dissent against grand wizard mcnair and the inmates comment..

The truth is they aren't moral but hiring hard working lunch pail guys is cheaper. Thats the real reason..The main motivation has been to be cheap.

It is not about winning its about being cute and also telling their b****es ( err the players) that if you raise a peep doesnt matter if you are a needed piece like duane Brown or clowney. Its about yes men like nick martin and middle tier scrubs like brennan Scarlett. Even tytus howard you can tell hes an 'aww shucks' type of guy.yes sir no sir.

Even tunsil I wouldnt be surprised now that he too will be too expensive and they can blame him for smoking weed in college or not being the yes man bob wanted. Its really out of hand how over the top b**** obrien is.. In his meglomania he cant take a moment to let the best players be their best.

It will be a team that continues to not care about winning and all about hard working CHEAP guys..

This is nothing new and the idea that people here are acting like this is all new?

Remember this was all exposed when mcnair told us they picked mario williams due to 'signability' not because he was friggin the best choice

The fans here lap it up and sell outs of stadium arent going to change the thinking. Ive said since around the time they signed boselli ( the beginning) that they were going to try to run it all around a focus on cost approach that does not have any focus on winning.
    The only solution is new ownership. Good luck with that.

TheRealist137, BaselineFade and Sajan like this.
  17. AstrosRockets1818

Wow it wasn’t a dream it was was true !!!!! Arreeergggggg

conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Maybe with Hopkins gone and Johnson on the team, BoB will learn what a screen pass to a running back is.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Bill Belichick power with a Marvin Lewis resume." - Dan Orlovsky

Nook, arkoe and CometsWin like this.
  20. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Lombardi is friends with and carries water for O'Brien. His 'news' is just sourced from BoB. Look at what the Vikings got for Diggs and tell me again the Texans couldn't have done better.