1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEXANS TRADE BROCK OSWEILER TO CLEVELAND BROWNS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Mar 9, 2017.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Now you know how I feel everytime I watch Jerry Jones speaking on TV.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Don't know how true:

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He said the Colts had a first round grade on Brady and said he had Romo as a first rounder.

texans1095 likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'd like to read the story if anyone has a link that works. This just keeps spinning.

6. conquistador#11

I love it from the other side, whoooah there. What I mean is those were my quotes about Memphis after they handed pau to the fakers, who at the time was one of my favorite players. after that move to L.A, I disowned pau.

7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Lol. A bunch of old school mentality execs. The Harvard boys in Cleveland just revolutionized trades in the NFL.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Throughout the entire 2016 season, we saw a bit of - I wouldn't say lack of communication - but the chemistry was never there between Brock & entire offense.

Of course we know how this happened a year ago where they signed basically Osweiler without having had met the head coach, coaching staff & OC. Throughout the year, he was a bit inconsistent.

From what I've learned, the final road game, Houston traveled to Tennessee. That's the game Savage got knocked out with a concussion. Brock came in. I think he threw a couple of TDs. I don't recall if they won that game or not. That was his opportunity to regain the starting job. But before he entered the game, around halftime, it was a physical confrontation between Bill O'Brien & Brock. It got ugly. You see verbal arguments all the time. That's normal in the NFL. It was physical. Tempers were at an all-time high on both sides. Both had to be restrained. Seeing what happened today & giving away your "franchise player" with only a year of his services being used AND a second round pick - a valuable pick - they wanted to get rid of Brock at all costs. They didn't care about handing over a 2nd rounder as long as they got rid of the player & that contract, that was a top priority.

Seems legit. :rolleyes:

#388 J.R., Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  9. justtxyank

I did a google search for Osweiler/OB confrontations and apparently there were multiple articles throughout the year about shouting matches between the two, so maybe this possible. Apparently they got into a major argument over play calling two weeks after OB took over. Osweiler refused to comment on it. They had another argument after a player's meeting.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They guy who runs the Browns was the guy who helped billy beane with the analytics stuff.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Fantasma Negro

Yeah it started back in October, how did no one here bring this up? Were we so sullen in our misery that no one did any digging to see the source of all the craziness this season? O'Brien didn't want him and it showed from day one

15. justtxyank

I'm kind of puzzled that I never saw these articles either. These aren't NEW articles detailing this, they are articles from October, November, December and January detailing arguments, shouting matches, etc. How did I never hear about this?

Seems like these guys hated each other lol.

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Well, one is a smart football guy, the other is a crustacean from the paleolithic era.

17. justtxyank

I'm not sure which one you're calling which!

Joshfast likes this.
  18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

BOB got into regular screaming fits with Tom Brady.

I can only imagine the kind of histrionics that he and Brock delved into.

19. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

The biggest miss was just about every pass Brock threw!

Fulgore likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member