1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Tailgating Policy Change

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by marks0223, Sep 30, 2010.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good point. They probably wont enforce this that heavily. If anything, this will be used as an excuse to kick out people if they get too rowdy

2. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Member

I don't think they were standing in a parking lot..... more like fighting.

Sure, and you still can, for $10. If those idiots weren't fighting, they wouldn't be ruining the experience for others, and wouldn't have to pay $10 to get in and ruined it for others in the future.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

that's a lie. More of a genaralization.

It's not them having to pay. It's the season ticket holders.

4. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

couldnt you just print out extra copies of game tickets to get into the parking lot? I doubt they will be scanning tickets....

5. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Member

A lie, a generalization? No it's not, there WERE people fighting, this is likely the direct result of MANY fights that happened in the blue lot, where 80% of the people arrested didn't have a ticket or a parking pass.

So, seems pretty safe to say, it's pretty clear where most of the problems were coming from.

You lost me here.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( I've tailgated only when I've had tickets, but... man, those people fighting just shouldn't be in there at all... no one that wants to be at a sporting event of such magnitude will WANT to cause trouble deliberately... these low class people need to go...

I see them having trouble enforcing it if they check people... but I agree with the poster in this same page saying "they'll use this as an excuse to kick people out if a big ruckus explodes". :eek:

I was there that time... complaining about the light on his eyes, right? :grin: I was disappointed, too.

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

A parking pass alone will not get you into the parking lots anymore. You must have a game ticket and parking pass or tailgate guest pass. However, the tailgate guest pass is only being sold to season ticket holders, with a limit of 4 per person and 2,000 a game.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:grin: You know those people in the fight won't be as smart as you to think of that...

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So 80% of the tailgaters without tickets were arrested? Yeah it is a generalization.

The tailgating tickets are only sold to season ticket holders.

Simple enough for you?

They now pay more for something that was free.

10. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Lol...i hear ya....but what im saying is that a good # of spots are taken up by tailgaters who just bought parking passes and its tough for us late arrivers to park :p

11. NJRocket

i was under the impression that it would affect him ....in fact, it would affect people like him exactly

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That's shocking to me they let tail-gaters on the lot who are not even going to the game in the first place. Is that normal? Doesn't seem very normal. Sounds like they got greedy by selling parking passes to people not even going to the games. Of course, this was going to end badly.

13. NJRocket

correct.....u can only buy the passes IF you already have tickets

14. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Member

What? I never said that? I said, 80% of those arrested DIDN'T have tickets, not 80% of those without tickets were arrested.

If 100 people were arrested, and 80 of them didn't have tickets, is it safe to say that MOST of the problems came from those 80 people? They found that 80% of the people they arrested did not have tickets, it's a fact, not a generalization, I didn't generalize anyone or any group.

That is not a generalization, what you said is, but not what I said.

No need to be a dick is there?

I see what you were getting at there. The season tickets holder will have to shell out extra cash for guests that they bring to tail gate, if you don't have a game ticket you can't tailgate. Yeah, sorry, for whatever reason I was comprehended it a little differently than the second time I read it, it happens.

I don't really care to be honest, if non ticket holders are the primary cause of problems in the parking lots, if they are acting like thugs, well then, don't allow them to tailgate.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Such a shame. Fans in Kansas City and Buffalo do this all the time with no trouble.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. NJRocket

I think that this policy change has more to do with that parking has become less and less available to the people who pay for season tickets and parking and less to do w fights. The Cowboys play here every other year in the preseason...and while the game is less meaningful, it still draws a boatload of Cowboy fans and drunk tailgaters....and this has never been an issue in the past as far as I know.

Maybe the Texans are using the fights this past weekend as an excuse to change a policy that has long needed changing imo. Right or wrong, its McNair's world over there and we are all just living in it.

Hell, you cant buy red bull anywhere in the stadium bc of a big fight that broke out inside the stadium. Apparently the guys who started the fight were found to be drinking vodka-red bulls during the game. The Texans decided that it was the red bull and banned it...never mind the vodka :confused: Doesnt make a whole lotta sense....but maybe it does to them...

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Lol, what?

Red Bull at arena prices would be what? 5 or 6 bucks?

Vodka would be how much? 10 or 12 dollars?

They kept the higher price item.

Hopefully, if there is a silver lining, I hope that opposing fans will realize that Reliant Stadium is a dangerous, intimidating home field advantage..

:rolleyes:
    yeah, right.

19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

How many people do they get at their tailgates? Houston is (was) #1, I'm sure largely due to its size. It's become become more or a group festival than tailgating this year.

What are the Texans going to do for the many people that have pre purchased parking passes for the season but don't have game tickets?

20. NJRocket

its called a mixed drink....red bull/vodka....the guys in the fight were drinking them....they blamed it on the red bull when the guys were probably smashed form the vodka