1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign Ryan Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 20, 2014.

1. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

The only one I can give you is moon

Can you please name the fans that want to trade Harden?????

Foster is most certainly not the best Texan player ever. Ever heard of Andre Johnson????

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

Very good signing. This guy can play and if he doesn't play he'll be an excellent backup. I approve.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have to remember you are talking to a troll, don't expect an intelligent response.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Yea, Foster was out for most of last year and Johnson "compiled" a lot of receptions and yards and limited TD's and the Texans won 2 games. The 1st year the Texans made the playoffs Johnson was injured for most of the year and Foster still carried the team to the playoffs... They even won games with Jacoby and Walter at the receiving position and TJ Yates as the quarterback.

Foster is the backbone of this teams success. But of course you and Bobby believe Dre is the best receiver in the world and I like Dre so you guys think what you want..

5. Remii

Remii Member

And Teddy would get the same treatment...

6. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Why do you say that?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He says it because he's a troll looking to rile people up.

8. Remii

Remii Member

And how good were the Rockets before Harden showed up...??? A young player on a new team in a position he's never been in and he carried the Rockets to the playoffs with a bunch of nobodies in the western conference and Houston fans criticize him for being a ball hog. Point Made...

9. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

You have got to be kidding me

10. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

If this were the 80s, you would have a point. But at this junction of the road, the only thing majority of Texans fans care about is winning

11. Bogey

I guess you can't even remotely critisize a black athlete or your are racist?

Good thing Johnny is white, otherwise this board would be loaded racists.

12. Remii

Remii Member

I criticize Dre and Hopkins all the time. And Johnny may as well be black with the criticism he gets and the kid hasn't even touched a NFL field yet...

13. Bogey

That's why I made the statement about Johnny, seems many people hate him for some reason.

Back to the point though, you infered that Teddy would be critisized b/c he is black. Outside of a few idiots, I think most comments w0uld be about his play on the field, either bad or good.

14. Remii

Remii Member

What happened with Moon was going on in the 90's as well and what happened in Jasper didn't happen in the 80's. And I'm sure you seen the tape of the gang of police officers beating the **** out of a black guy in Houston. The good ol boy mentality hasn't completely died off yet. But you could be right.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I love it when a conversation goes full derp.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ryan Fitzpatrick two-yr., $7.2M deal: $4M guaranteed, $1.25M bonus, $1M roster bonus this month $1.75M '14 salary gteed, $3.25M sal. 2015</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/statuses/447040784920244224">March 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Remii

Remii Member

"IF" they draft Teddy I hope you're right.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

By my math, we currently have about $95M on the book for 2015 (not including Fitzpatrick). Cut JJo, Foster, and Meyers and that brings it down to $76.5M, $56.5M under the current cap . But also keep in mind that we still need to fill out a roster this year and that Watt will have a new deal by then.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

This signing makes me feel like we are taking a QB # 1, Fitzpatrick is going to be there to compete with the young guy and eventually back him up.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So what are they going to do with Keenum and Yates? Let them duke it out for #3? Is Yates a goner as well?