1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign Mack..............Finally

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Master Baiter, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Texans sign Mack
    April 9, 2003

HOUSTON – The Houston Texans have signed unrestricted free agent running back Stacey Mack. The fifth-year player spent the last four seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars, starting 13 of 50 games played.

“We are very happy with the improvement we made to our offense with the addition of Stacey Mack,” Texans general manager Charley Casserly said. “Stacey is a powerful running back who has a good chance to make an impact on our rushing game.”

Mack (6-1, 238) has 372 career rushing attempts for 1,498 yards and 19 touchdowns. He has also recorded 34 career receptions for 244 yards and one touchdown in four seasons with the Jaguars (1999-2002).

During the 2002 season, Mack had 436 rushing yards on 98 attempts and scored nine rushing touchdown. In 2001, he started 11 games for the Jaguars in relief of Fred Taylor and rushed for 877 yards on 213 carriers and nine rushing touchdowns. He also recorded 23 receptions for 165 yards and one receiving touchdown.

Mack entered the league as the only undrafted rookie to make Jacksonville’s opening day roster in 1999. He played in 12 games for the Jaguars before he incurred a hand injury in practice that ended his rookie season. In 2000, he played in six games with two starts before he sustained a season-ending injury (finger) for the second consecutive year.

After two years at Southwest Mississippi College, Mack transferred to Temple. As a senior in 1998, he became the first running back in school history to earn All-Big East honors. During his two years at Temple, Mack finished as the seventh leading rusher in school history with 1,591 yards rushing. As an All-American and a two-time All-State selection at Boone (FL) High School, Mack rushed for 4,093 yards and 37 touchdowns.

I was wondering when this was finally going to happen.

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Lets hope he can stay healthy.

3. JamesC

JamesC Member

I was wondering when the deal would be finalized too.

4. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I think you guys are going to be real happy with Mack. Too bad it's a one year rental though.

5. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Im hoping for 1,100 yards and 12 touchdowns:)

6. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

While we heal up McGahee.

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Another mediocre back. Still better than anything they had last year tho.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Whoooooey, Super Bowl!

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I think its a great pick, but...

Is he really going to be any better...I know we've added some O-Line, but with that, I would prefer to have JWells...

With a good O-Line, anyone can run for 1000 yards...