1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign LB Thaddeus Gibson & WR Juaquin Iglesias to the practice squad

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Oct 12, 2011.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Money, roster spot, piss off people in the locker room, etc?

On top of that, there's no reason to think he wants to play aside from you saying it. "Case closed" I guess right.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

how do the Texans try out someone who verbally stated he didn't want to play anymore?

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Cardpire has heard "rumors" that he wants to play again.

Case closed.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

So you've blanketed the rest of the NFL contenders in not needing a player like Moss if he really was worth signing for the short term experiment like you suggest? Open up your eyes dude, teams are staying away for a reason (Texans included).

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

so has adam schefter. but you probably are more of an insider than him.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

desperate times call for desperate measures. i'm sure all 30 other teams were in a huge bidding war with the texans trying to trade for a 16th-year malcontent WR, right?

7. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Must have a hard time remembering how to spell his name. I would probably do the same thing if I was him.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

let's call jerry rice while we are at it

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I guess the subliminal/inadvertent message from the Texans is "We're not that desperate yet".

10. ths balla

ths balla Member

cardpire are you serious? people like you act like the NFL is like Madden where you can just sign whomever you want and trade for whatever. You fail to realize does Moss want to come to houston? Will he be a locker room cancer? Have the Texans already looked at him or contacted him? Is he in football shape? Does he want to play football? Has he said "I want to play for the Texans"? How come 31 other teams havent signed him?:rolleyes:

11. HPD

HPD Member

Keep moving nothing to c here. . . . .

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

great, great points. didn't consider any of those questions, and yes, i thought this was "Madden". i also fail to realize does moss want come for to houston.

well done, sir.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Both the titans and vikings were teams that desperately needed a guy to fill in the WR1 or even stretch the field without being an actual threat. When Moss got there, he couldn't even do that. Some snaps he wouldn't even run 5 yards. And as others said, he already doesn't block or run short routes, which is sort of this team's thing.

What makes you think he's so driven to actually 1) unretire and 2) show some effort for a team not the Patriots?

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Mason had 800 yards and 7 TDs last year. Moss had just under 400 and 5 TDs. Mason spent the whole year with one team. Moss was shuffled to three different ones. Mason is still playing, Moss is retired.

Doesn't take a genius to figure which is the better option at this point. I think the harm in bringing him and trying him out only to cut him a few weeks later is that you just wasted a few weeks when we need help right now. The risk of that happening is way too high to warrant a look. And for all we know the Texans inquired already.

1 person likes this.
  15. cardpire

cardpire Member

"Hey Bob, should we go after Mason or Moss?"

"Uh...well Rick, what were their yards and touchdown numbers from 2010????"

"Mason had 800 and 7, Randy Moss had 400 and 5."

"Then go git Mason, you f'in bimbo!"

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

Rep'd for being the very first poster to provide a possible answer to my question.

17. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Moss didn't want to play anymore. If he had waited until the lockout, I'm sure teams would have offered him a contract. However, he retired prior to that and said screw it.

One thing is that even if he did just run up the sideline every single play, that is 1 good corner (and maybe even safety) that is not blitzing, not playing run, and not cover OD, Walters, Dresson, or D-Maz.

I'm not sure how much I believe the whole D-Maz "cancer" on the Jets story. He lasted a long time on two very well-managed, winning teams. Rex Ryan went to go get him on purpose. I think it is more likely he called out Sanchex and the OC saying something they were doing wrong. And the Jets didn't want to look like there was in fighting or someone to point that out, especially once it got leaked to the press.