1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign former Bills QB Thaddeus Lewis

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Nov 24, 2014.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Savage knows the offense. Random Guy Off The Street, not so much. Savage should second in the depth chart.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Teddy was actually a very good college QB. Thad Lewis not as much.

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Savage has had about 6 months or so to learn this offense , if he can't beat out a guy off the street then we should just cut him now

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

One train wreck after another. Will it ever stop?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, you don't want either to be your QB in the NFL, but clearly Teddy Bridgewater was the better college QB.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Some days I think the Texans are a lost cause. They are amazingly unlucky, which is hard to overcome when you have limited talent. The failure of the draft classes on the whole is devastating. Rookies are your future. Often it seems like JJ against the world. OBrien may not be the innovative coach we thought he was. I was so excited about Mallet, now he is gone. I will answer your question with another question. Will it ever start?

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Watt was like winning the lotto, nothing but luck. You look at other organizations and you see professionalism that the Texans can only dream of. It starts at the top to demand nothing but the best and accept nothing less.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

I know this isnt the thread to post the management issue but seriously, Lewis? Just frustrating as hell.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Some people around here practically threw a parade for Fitzpatrick and now the same people are b****'n about Lewis... Lol...

Lewis may not even see the field. Fitzpatrick will probably get his job back and he's the quarterback that many around here said this team could win 9-10 games with... So what's the problem...???

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they just don't want to waste a lot of money given that it's a lost season. Hopefully Thad never plays and it's not like there was a lot of awesome options out there.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Ummm Management?

12. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

So my question is.. Obrien said the Texans still have a lot to play for. Any idea wth he was talking about? Cuz I just rolled my eyes at that one.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Dont be so sure, Thaddeus may be your ol veteran leader next year.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

It sounded better than we are screwed and dayumm this is one snakebit organization.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Highly doubtful, there will be numerous better options in FA including Mallett and all of them will be cheap.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

As implausible as it may seem, the Texans still have a shot at the playoffs. So many people want to pack it in and tank and the first sign of failure, but coaches don't think that way, and I wouldn't want one who did. They're going to go out and win every game they can and still have the playoffs as a goal until the possibility no longer exists.

17. Remii

Remii Member

You're just now upset with management :confused:
    Where were you during free agent signings and the draft...???

I think Lewis is just an insurance move but considering what the Texans have to work with at quarterback right now _ I see no harm.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hell no, not just now. Do you see how players leave the Texans and succeed across the league? Even ol Kubes looks rejuvinated because he is where he belongs an OC. This org just doesnt get it, and sure the signing of another nobody is just par for the course but eh no harm. No help but no harm. Words the Texans live by.

19. Remii

Remii Member

I understand your frustration. I guess we're just going to have to ride it out and hope for the best.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Exactly, I don't see an efficient "machine like" organization that exudes excellence. It is like a leaky ship with rubber patches and no clear navigation charts. Just because you make millions in real estate doesn't mean you know how to run a professional football organization. And this is a long standing problem in Houston. A good start to reorganization would be a competent general manager. It all begins at the top.