1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign Bill O'Brien to 4-year extension

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2018.

?

Do you like the contract extension for Bill O'Brien?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2018.
  1. Yes

29.0%
  2. No

38.0%
  3. Who cares, as long as Bob & Cal are around.

10.0%
  4. Abstain

5.0%
  5. Doesn't matter Brian!

18.0%
  1. showa13

showa13 Member

Not saying it’s 100% on Rick, but the questionable roster decisions and terrible drafts post-1st round didn’t just start when BOB got here. For the record I would’ve gotten rid of both Rick and BOB

2. texian

texian Member

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It is when in response to them showcasing a record setting offense, you reply that it would have happened without him.

It is when you claim they only had winning seasons due to the defense (which is not his main responsibility), but when they lost games this year due to the defense it’s because he’s bad at constructing that side of the ball.

Look, he’s definitely got a lot to prove/accomplish, and he’s still on the hot seat despite this extension. But to not have any sort of optimism after seeing what he did with Watson this year... either makes you completely jaded/obtuse, or just ignorant.

Blatz likes this.
  4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

That explains why Watson was the first pick in the draft.

No? Well then that explains why he was the first QB taken.

Crap. Well then that DEFINITELY explains why he was the SECOND QB taken.

What? **** it, I don't care, BOB still sucks.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So...

Kubiak/Smith left BOB this great roster that was 2-14.

BOB took it to 9-7 with a journeyman QB, who BOB got to play the best ball of his career.

BOB cycled through some other journeymen QBs, which is apparently unforgivable because we could have been winning Super Bowls with guys like Keenum and Fitzpatrick while BOB was busy winning divisions with guys like Hoyer and Osweiler.

BOB settled on Watson, who is so good that he can apparently direct the best offense in the NFL with the worst OL in the NFL while being held back by BOB, who selected Watson but maybe he didn't because BOB is only responsible for personnel when I feel like it.

BOB should be punished for taking 3 years to settle on a QB in Watson, who anyone could see was obviously so great beforehand but BOB should have taken someone else sooner even though he wouldn't have been as good as Watson just because I hate BOB.

AJ Bouye leaves, which is obviously BOB's fault. Then Duane Brown leaves probably for the same reason.

Texans suffer the most injuries ever, but who cares! 4-12 is all that matters, so the coach needs to be fired.

6. conquistador#11

Rick got us and the Mcnairs Watson. Respect always! I doubt Smith has even been thinking about eggball.

O'brian said he has Watson studying tapes of Aaron Rodgers. I hope O'brian study tapes of the past four seasons of what not to do. I like Steelers 2014, Cowboys 2014 among my favorite grueling moments. For the sake of our team, I do wish him to be successful.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It seems we'll always have BOB fanboys.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

At least for now

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

Mr. Clutch and J.R. like this.
  10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Texans have fallen far behind Jags and Titans under OBrien.

Sad.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Doesn't matter Brian. 9-7, back in the playoffs Brian.

Oh what's that? 9-7 won't win the division anymore? There are no more cupcakes? :D

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

Mr. Clutch and J.R. like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Steelers game is what Texans fans have to look forward to for the next 5 years at least. Infinitely winnable games being blown because the coaching is just that bad.

14. Roc Paint

If we can put up 40 points against Jacksonville, the Texans will win nine out of 10 times every time.

#Burgundybattlered

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I won't be worried in blowouts, but when games are close, BOB will be there to ensure the Texans lose. This season Watson was only able to overcome BOB's awful coaching half of the time. Hopefully going forward he's able to overcome BOB's awful coaching more often. Today Roethlisburger was unable to overcome Tomlin.

BigShasta and Roc Paint like this.
  16. Roc Paint

The defenses will x each other out. So now were talking DeShawn Watson over Blake Bortles, and you know who I'm going with

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And you'd have gone with Roethlisburger over Bortles too, but the coaching was bad enough to cause the Jags to win.

18. Roc Paint

Ben Rothlisberger can't hold a candle to the Deshaun Watson at this point in his career

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's true, but BOB is even worse than Tomlin.

I have all the faith in the world in Watson, but I remember the Seahawks and Patriots games where BOB caused the team to lose.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I just give props when they are due. BoB has done a pretty good job with what he has had. No way we should have won the division title with the teams that we've had. Let alone two times.

TheFreak and red5rocket like this.