1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign Andre Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 7, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RB Andre Brown will wear jersey #33 for <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a>.</p>&mdash; Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) <a href="https://twitter.com/DoughertyDrew/statuses/453565675651727360">April 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Surprisingly solid take by Pancakes.

3. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

This could turn out to be a great move. Cutting down Brown's carries reduces his injury risk, but he also can take more carries than a typical 3rd down back.

We need to be able to keep Arian's carries down, so he doesn't end-up like Terrell Davis.

Between the two, perhaps the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. A fresher, healthier Arian in front of a fresher, healthier Brown.

Anyone feeling a little shake and bake?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yp0-ufyIJtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This will be Arian's last season as a Texan, so I have no issues giving him 500+ carries...or running him into the ground.

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Sadly, this was the first thing I thought of:

[​IMG]

First season, great! Thereafter...meh, not so much.

6. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

lol this might be subliminal. Foster wears 23 and now brown will where 33. Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. Lol I know I can't be wrong here

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

TJ Yates = Luc Longley?

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Every free agent departure from tight end , nose tackle, free saftey, .... we have not gotten better at these positions we have gotten worse... I hope we draft on the money this year because these guys we are bringing in don't impress me.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most of the guys who have left were either scrubs or over the hill....Manning is probably the closest to an actual loss.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's been the case over the past 2 years. Even our FB and kicking production slowly get worse each year. Talent, depth and/or performance depreciates at every single position imaginable every year. Nothing new here.

11. Sanity2disChaos

Good pick-up, like losted earlier , he is a very good RB when healthy.A starter for some teams and 1B option on others (Texans)...

Great price for the talent level...

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Guy sounds like Tate... injuries included.

Only paying him the minimum so great signing.

13. makio9

makio9 Member

His broken bones the last couple of years are more unlucky than injury prone. All our bones are fairly similar in strength I would have thought. Maybe the IQ to be in the situation is prone if anything. SO maybe he is dumb prone.

Anyway, I like Andre brown a lot. He also is kind of like Ben Tate so the Texans should have a very similar 1-2 RB situation without much change.

14. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

He broke his leg last season in the final pre season game. He had no business playing in that game but Tom Coughlin played him and he broke his leg. The Giants had no backup RB after that and then David Wilson fumbled the ball against the Cowboys in the 1st game of the season. They had to resign Brandon Jacobs. Coughlin was dumb to play him in that meaningless game.

#74 Chilly_Pete, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Kind of like Kubiak was dumb to play Rashard Butler in that 4th preseason game; forcing us to go with Derrick Newton.