1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans should change logo/uniform scheme.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by StacyMcGrady3, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The only thing I would possibly do is a deeper, darker red, and a lighter blue.

That said, though, I like our current scheme.

2. Mr. Space City

i love generic uniforms as oppo9ed to these modern uniforms with stripes and lines all over the place.

generic vikings >>> new vikings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

There's nothing wrong with wearing a throwback a few times a year, not only is it the nostalgia factor, but its the fact that it changes things up.. which goes back to my original point. For all those people who called in saying they loved the pat's and buc's old uni's, you don't think those same people welcomed a fresh new look for their, at the time, struggling franchise during the initial changeover? Those were pretty outdated, and they're only "cool" as a throwback now bc of the nostalgia.

Um.. you must not watch much TV? When the Broncos wore those hideous brown and yellow's with the vertical stripes, everybody was clowning how ridiculous they looked.

And yes, the Rams did win with their old colors, but correction: they did go back wearing the new colors, where they were upset by the Pats, who were wearing their new uni's ;)

4. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Same here. They didn't stick with the aeronautics theme (the name Texans is SO unoriginal), so it doesn't matter to me anymore what color they are. They're just the oddballs in Houston sports.

5. heymak

heymak Contributing Member

The logo has grown on me and I like most of the color schemes. But, man get rid of the ketchup bottle scheme too much red.

[​IMG]

6. Dan B.

Dan B. Member

I like the red. Not many teams wear red these days as their primary color (Cards, Chiefs and Falcons I believe). Way too many wear blue with red/white trim (Buffalo, NE, NYG, Tennessee).

Plus wearing red gives Houston sports fans a predominant color. The Rockets and Astros both feature red as their primary color. Look at Pittsburgh. Every team is black and gold. It's easy -- you know a Pittsburgh team instantly.

7. heymak

heymak Contributing Member

I like the red jersey just not with the red pants. Red and Blue or Red and White looks cool. The all red looks like a small college color scheme to me.[​IMG]

#127 heymak, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010