1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans should change logo/uniform scheme.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by StacyMcGrady3, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I don't like the white uinis much, blue are ok, the reds look AWESOME. Just look great. I would buy won to add to my blue Andre jersey if the Texans made it to the playoffs.

2. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

They need to tweek the logo. make it a bit more "mean"..darker colors?

they need to especially change the FONT. make it somewhat less generic, fat blocked.

the Tennessee Titans uniforms/logo are absolutely horrendous..too busy and too much going on..those are probably the worst combos i've seen. trying to do too much!

3. Shovel Face

Shovel Face Member

Are you kidding? The lettering is the best part.

I have searched the internet up and down for a hat with just the text and haven't found one. :-(

4. pocketrocket81

I like the unis and logo but I also like the name we had for the old USFL team.Was the Houston Gamblers ever in the mix as a choice? ...maybe a Texas lotto as the logo :p

5. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Couldn't agree more. The Logo should always be facing the right, like #44 in that picture.

At first I didn't like the name but I always thought the logo was clever. The name Texans, however, has grown on me. One things I cant stand in when the pants are the same color as the jerseys. That ONLY looks ok when its wearing white. Solid Red or Solid blue is overkill.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't read through so pardon me if this was brought up earlier.

The name "Texans" was the name of two previous Dallas football teams and a Dallas minor league hockey team. That alone should be reason enough to change the name.

This team should have a space or energy related name instead of a recycled name from Dallas.

7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Yea, The Chiefs wore the old Texans uniforms earlier this season.

I really really really like the red jersey. Am I the only one?

8. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

I AGREE, the first thing that should be changed is Texans...I mean yikes. Couldn't we be the Asteroids, Moons, Planets, etc...to go along with our galactically themed bball, baseball, and wnba teams.

The next is the design. Yuck. I hate it just as much as you guys. It's the colors of a private school uniform! We need to be ballsy and go out there with our color choices. Like a nice red mixed with orange, brown, or black.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That would be straight up r****ded. Please name me one team where the animal mascot on the helmet faces backwards. I still can't think of one.

10. pocketrocket81

Isn't there a European football team named the Galaxies?I think Galaxies was among the choices and it does have a good ring to it after you say it a few times.Although I think it would turn against them if they played a crappy game or had a bad season. I could hear them being called the Houston Gals or worse yet "here goes another season down the black hole".

11. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

That is true but keep in mind they stole "Mavericks" from Houston. I'm glad they stole "Texans" from Dallas...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Mavericks

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep I know that and I feel sullied that the Mavericks name now graces the douchebags of the NBA.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That would be Mark Cuban's fault...

14. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

The name and logo have grown on me, altho when it was first unveiled, I hated both.

I kinda wanted to be called the Rattlesnakes with black as the primary color with silver/red accent colors.. but i could see where that imply a sneaky/non-first class connotation to the organization.

One of my favorite uni's in the leage is the Buffalo Bills, I like the shoulder part for some reason, I think our practice jerseys are similar to those IIRC

15. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Don't forget the NE Pats. I've actually always made this point to my friends, pointing to the new logos as a key to their renewed success. Superbowls for the franchises after changing to newer uni's.

When you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, you play good. Just my theory though.. Not that our uni's are anywhere near as bad as those former Pat's or Buc's logos.

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

oilers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>texans

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um....you much not watch TV. When the Pats and Bucs wore the old uni's recently, there were calls to return to the old ones. People loved the old unis.
    It's like the Chargers' powder blue throwbacks. People want the nostalgia of old.

Changing your uni after 8 years is STUPID. Changing your uni will not bring you a superbowl win. - Signed Bengals, Jets, Vikings, Chargers, Eagles, Bills...Rams (who won with the old unis and lost with the new...and haven't been back.).

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I got an Authentic Andre jersey for Christmas. Its sweet! After having this jersey, I have to say our jerseys are great. Nothing wrong with them at all. Keep 'em.

The logo thing on the helmet needs to be changed. We need a uniform logo on each side of the helmet. Are we the only team in the league with a backwards logo on the helmet? Maybe that's why we're so inconsistent.

The other thing that I think needs to be tweaked are the pants. I wish we'd have one solid stripe, which I think should be white. For the home games, I think we should have the solid blue pants, with one solid white stripe, and a Texans logo where the NFL equipment logo is. For the away games, we should have red pants, with a white stripe, and the Texans logo.
    I'm being nitpicky, and blue jersey/red pants might look horrible. I always thought it would look cool. Have we ever worn it?

#118 Two Sandwiches, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  19. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

It's a bull...so it's facing forward. It would look stupid if it was facing backwards imo. A lot of teams have it like this...the Ravens, Broncos, Dolphins, and Patriots just to name a few.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nothing to see here....