1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans should change logo/uniform scheme.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by StacyMcGrady3, Dec 20, 2009.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The one thing I've heard consistently from friend who aren't Texans fans is that they like the logo.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It isn't the worst thing about the colors/uniform situation... but from a league-wide standpoint, I put it in the middle of the pack, at best.

3. msn

msn Member

Umm, yes. But I look at logos a lot in my line of work. Honestly, the logo looks *better* than if it were symmetrical.

There is no such thing. It either is or it ain't. It ain't.

Yes, but neither of which have anything to do with "symmetrical". Got it?

The Texans' logo is *also* "balanced and clean". Which is the point.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's completely subjective, obviously. I didn't mean to say it was a universal opinion. :)

I really like the logo. I'm fine with the name. I'm anxious to own a tshirt with that logo that also says, "Super Bowl Champions"!!

5. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Jesus. Ok dude. Congratulations, you win the prize. Not every single logo I posted was 100% symmetrical. Thus, my point is rendered completely invalid and moot. Thank you, captain nitpick.

6. msn

msn Member

There, fixed that for you. And without calling names, even.

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Seriously?

Do you realize how asinine this whole argument is?

And how you're basically glossing over my original point?

I'm holding to my original post, and nothing you've said, other than pointing out that the Bears logo is just *barely* unsymmetrical, holds any water to me.

This is possibly the dumbest game of nit-picky, minutiae driven, tit for tat I've ever let myself get dragged into... and that is seriously saying something.

Go Texans. And no hard feelings, msn... but pick your battles my friend, cause this one isn't worth it to either of us.

8. msn

msn Member

I'm glad; I didn't understand why you were taking it so personally. I look at a lot of graphics and logos in my line of work, and symmetry just isn't normally important.

Go Texans.

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

This is a pretty subjective thing... aesthetics... I said I "think/feel" that the logos which use a more symmetrical, balanced, and simplistic design are the best. Arguing that is kind of like chasing your tail, so to speak.

I won't go as far to say the Texans logo is overly detailed (it isn't as bad as say, the Jags for example), but it isn't as simple or balanced as the ones I posted/referenced.

Simply put, I wish it were. But then again, I'm obviously a traditionalist.

10. drumbum

drumbum Member

The Bears logo is symmetrical... Anyone who took HS geometry knows that it doesn't just need to be cut straight up and down to be symmetrical it can be cut from left to right which would make it reflection symmetry, just in a horizontal axis.

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Look at the right side of the logo, where the C begins and ends. It is slightly more inset on the top than it is on the bottom. So its barely asymmetrical. But in the spirit of the argument, it counts.

12. msn

msn Member

...fail. ;)

13. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

fine. keep that hick logo.

just change those uniforms. they look so generic it's not even funny. make the numbers more slantier or change the font of them numbers. do something that looks a little out of the ordinary.

the uniforms have generic written all over it.

14. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

OK Cletus.

[​IMG]

#94 DonnyMost, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  15. msn

msn Member

hahahaha nice!

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Texans uniforms are at least the best in the conference. Colts, no thanks. Jaguars, TITANS? No thanks.

I guarantee if the Texans actually started with any of those teams' exact logo and uniform, that after 8 straight of non-winning/non-playoffs seasons fans would get tired of the look. Probably every 8-10 years fans want a new wrinkle in the design anyway, regardless of team record. Nothing wrong with that. But to dump on the look calling it terrible, its just Texans fans wanting something to complain about.

17. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Thats what I like about them, some of the best teams in the league have generic unis. Colts, Steelers, Bears, and the Packers just off the top of my head. I like the classic look as opposed to the uniforms with crazy lines, stripes all over the place, and the fancy numbers. The Texans unis are almost a throwback to when uniforms were simple IMO.

18. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Love the Logo. I wish they would have it on a white helmet though...

I cant think of to many teams that have change their logo drasticaly recently just Denver and Tampa come to mind...

I think its here for good which is okay with me...

19. The Drake

The Drake Member

The helmet was originally supposed to be white.

I think that might look cool, but I'm having trouble picturing it.

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont think the texans uniforms are generic, if you want generic uniforms, look the teams that started with the league: patriots (retro red jersey) packers, bears, colts, those look the same.

the logo looks good, I prefer it like that, with a figure, then just a letter, or the name "browns" as a logo.